Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

SBI, STERLING PLANTATIONS LIMITED
ShareScene.com
post Posted: Nov 13 2012, 12:03 PM
  Quote Post

Company name updated -

To: STERLING PLANTATIONS LIMITED (SBI)

Regards, ShareScene.com

hawleybeach
post Posted: Nov 8 2008, 12:34 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hawleybeach on Friday 15/08/08 05:30pm

Well according to the latest annoucements, SBI have started refining Biodiesel. Be interesting to see how it goes.

hawleybeach
post Posted: Aug 15 2008, 05:30 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hawleybeach on Thursday 27/09/07 06:03pm

They still have money in the bank so once they start producing Biodiesel this company will start flying.

hawleybeach
post Posted: Sep 27 2007, 06:03 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hawleybeach on Wednesday 26/09/07 05:10pm

Well another announcement today was their Annual Report ... and people have started taking notice as you will see if you look at the "Buy" side for SBI

The annual report has a good summary of the "upstream" benefits the company has been looking at, and to summarise they expect the following benefits:

RBD plam oil RM125 Immediately
Palm Oil Mill RM180 24-30 months
Plantations RM290 5 - 6 years

Total RM595

That is about $A200 per Tonne
Which is $A20million per year based on 100,000TPA
Or about 30 cents per share

hawleybeach
post Posted: Sep 26 2007, 05:10 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hawleybeach on Friday 07/09/07 08:20pm

Well clearly SBI is NOT an "announcements driven" company.

On 25/09/2007 they announced they were going into a partnership to develop a Palm Oil Mill
On 13/09/2007 they announced they were going into a partnership to grow Palm Oil

Share price has fallen from 23 to 20 cents

hawleybeach
post Posted: Sep 7 2007, 08:20 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: crookers on Monday 16/04/07 11:25am

Good move to sell in April at 60 cents a share ... but I've been asking the question "How are SBI different to all the other Biofuel companies on the market at the moment"

And the difference is:

They haven't had to go back to the market to raise more money.

The SBI project in Malaysia was completed on time and under budget and is ready to start production. They still have plenty of money in the bank. Consider the other companies:

ABJ ... Producing BioDiesel from Tallow in Australia. Has never made any money and probably will never make any money. Main (claimed) problem is lack of support in Australia for Biodiesel. Rights offer shows how bad their financial position is. Current share price 6 cents

ARW ... Also producing BioDiesel from Tallow in Australia. In a lot better situation financially than ABJ, but still has been out to the market to raise more money on many occasions. Current share price 22 cents.

AAE ... Their 50 Million Gallon Biodiesel Plant in Nebraska is due to be commissioned this month. They have a lot of "irons in the fire" but they also have gone out a lot of times to get money. Should be a good investment prospect nethertheless. Current share price 27 cents.

NFL ... Possibly the biggest and the best managed of the Biofuel companies. Long term is likely to come out well in front. 3 x 200,000TPA plants due to be commissioned in Singapore 1st Quarter next year. Current share price 30 cents.

MBT ... Also has a 100,000TPA Plant due to be commissioned in Malaysia this month. Is also investing in Jatropha plantations. Possibly the best public relations of any of the Biofuel companies as the share price is 127 cents ... they have already rewarded the shareholders.

Whilst many of the above Biofuel companies have the prospect of doing quite well financially, they have all from small, to large extents, diluted their share prices by the amount of money they have raised in one way or another after the initial IPO.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

djbre6
post Posted: May 31 2007, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: crookers on Monday 16/04/07 11:25am

Good call given yesterdays announcement

crookers
post Posted: Apr 16 2007, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: grussellt on Saturday 02/12/06 05:56am

Palm oil prices have increased from A$541 when the BBY report was done to A$787(45%). Based on the BBY report this sees 2008 net profit forecasts fall from A$33.4m to A$14m. I have sold based on this and will wait and see where palm oil and oil prices go before re-entering.

chariot20030
post Posted: Feb 8 2007, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

Did dip my toe in a few days back in a small way, SBI seems to be making a tentative move in the right direction, and as you said Andy the risk:return ratio looks ok.

chariot20030
post Posted: Jan 29 2007, 05:32 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: andy20020 on Monday 29/01/07 04:40pm

Yes good luck Andy, I certainly will be keeping my eye on it, and I may at some stage be tempted to dip my toes in too.

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING