Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

PGM, PLATINA RESOURCES LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: May 22 2020, 08:46 PM
  Quote Post

I feel I may have wasted some of my heard earned cash (ok It was just pure luck).
Saw an online ad for a fishing drone that I had been researching that seemed to be well below everyone else,

Got a mate to check the address in Sydney, and yes they seemed to have lots of stock of the things they advertised on their website.
Had mixed reviews on consumer affairs website, but i thought i would give it a go.
After putting in my order, and getting my credit card debited with the amount, i heard nothing.
Sent an email to the enquiries asking what was happening but got no response
Tried a couple of times to ring, but phone rang out.
Was starting to think despite my worldly cynicism , I had been conned.
I tried again to ring and got the lovely tatianna.
She said that I should have got en email asking about security.
Nothing received said I, not a cracker.
She then quoted my email back to me, but with two of the characters transposed.
No wonder I never got an email.
I pointed out to them that i had sent two emails to the orders department asking what happened to my order, but she said she was in accounts not orders!
So she sent it again to the correct address,
As part of the security, i was required to send a photgoraph of my license sitting over the top of the credit card so it exposed the name on the credit card with the last 4 digits of the card exposed as well.
Its something i have seen before with reasonable value purchases, so I was somewhat reassured.
I got no response again from email of the required security pictures, so phoned again.
Got David this time, who looked up on the computer which said my order had already been dispatched.
Great, can you give me some tracking details.
Funny, it had no despatch number he said "let me look into this , i will call you back".
About am hour later, I was surprised to get a return call as I had just about written them off.
He said that when the dispatchers came to box the drone up and send it, they found it was missing, so could not send it out.
Thanks for telling me, so when can I expect the replacement.
Agh, says david , thats the problem, it was the last one in stock.
So they are trying to source another one, may take up to two weeks.
In the meantime, today i get an email from them asking me to review the product I had bought and tell them how good they were.
I doubt they are going to like my review for my non delivered drone.
I am betting that when i next contact them they will tell me its been delivered.
Could be some interesting correspondence coming up!

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 19 2020, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 7 2020, 02:13 PM

Ok, made it to .026, which was my target so I am out.
Now looking at what sort of drone I am allowed to buy (must have a release mechanism to drop my bait beyoond the breakers).
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 7 2020, 02:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 24 2020, 03:11 PM

May get another speeding ticket, up 22% today on some above average volume.
This may provide my buy a new drone money.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 24 2020, 03:11 PM
  Quote Post

Got a speeding ticket from Headmaster.
Headmaster seems pretty selective as to who he gives speeding tickets.

Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 24 2020, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

PGM on an upswing.
Up to 028 from 008 in a week.
When Palladium started to go, I looked at PGM and ZIM.
The volume for ZIM was so small, it was going to take weeks to get a position.
So I bought some PGM instead.
Some serious buying pressure lined up.
Mick

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Dec 1 2017, 04:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 3 2017, 01:42 PM

Sure, pullbacks create volatility. At the speccie end of town, it's essential to be "on the ball" at all times, lest you zig when the market zags. The first half of November, I couldn't do that, so Cash was best kept in the Bank.
Let's see if I've now got the support level right. I'd started reloading earlier this week and topped up today just before 19c broke. The intraday price and volume increase gave me the cue. Note also how MACD momentum has its tail up and looks set to swing above 0. Next week will tell whether I was reading it right or was fooled by wishful thinking.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Featured Stock Stories

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 3 2017, 01:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 3 2017, 01:21 PM

Agree, arty. I think there are a number of DT's pushing these cobalt, nickel, scandium to somewhat "lofty" heights - pull backs are inevitable.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

arty
post Posted: Nov 3 2017, 01:21 PM
  Quote Post

I was becoming a little wary when PGM reached 19.5c. That had been strong resistance, and I'd rather see a pullback, even a gap close further down. For a number of reasons, not all of them related to PGM's techs or fundas, I am at present swing-trading this stock mainly intraday or over night, but am reluctant to hold a sizeable position for longer.

Cup and Handle - demands a pullback.

Attached Image

... and here it comes smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 3 2017, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

PGM is the 100%-owner of Owendale - a scandium-cobalt-nickel-platinum project located 7km from Clean Teq’s (ASX: CLQ, A$821m market capitalisation) analogous Syerston deposit in central NSW, Australia.

Like CLQ and AUZ, PGM's SP is having a good run - currently 20.75c and is up another 9% today

Has $7.1 mil in kitty at end of September - outflows this Q estimated in the order of $1 mil

Key highlights for the September quarter
― Completion of the maiden Ore Reserve at Owendale, positioning it as one of the world’s largest and highest grade scandium developments
― Pre-Feasibility Study (“PFS”) completed during the quarter, confirming the robust economics of a 42tpa scandium oxide development (US$180m NPV10 and 27% IRR)
― High grade cobalt zones identified at Owendale from a review of historic drill holes ― Simulus Group have been engaged to evaluate plant size options as part of assessing
the feasibility of constructing a demonstration plant in 2018

Platina Managing Director, Robert Mosig, commented:
“The September Quarter was a highly productive quarter for Platina, with the completion and release of our
Owendale PFS and the maiden Ore Reserve being key highlights for the period. Owendale continues to
shape up as one of the more prolific scandium and cobalt development projects, and continues to attract
strong interest from a number of potential strategic partners focused on unlocking a secure, long term
supply of scandium.”

“There are a number of upcoming development milestones for Owendale which we are progressing,
including securing an offtake partner, acquiring a demonstration plant for potential near-term revenues and
progressing the definitive feasibility study when we have finalised our optimum processing plant options.”

“We recently engaged Perth-based Simulus Group to evaluate options for entry into the existing scandium
oxide market, including the potential for a demonstration plant for production in 2018. This strategy is
aimed at managing project risks and providing an early return to shareholders. Platina is excited about the
potential for a demonstration plant at Owendale.”

Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

LCZEL
post Posted: Jan 8 2011, 09:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: LCZEL's post @ Nov 11 2010, 07:20 PM

Surprised at the lack of interest here.
Market finally starting to take note with significant rise recently......basic story the same....hugely undervalued with respect to massive resources of gold,palladium & platinum. All 3 commodities expected to perform well again in 2011.

Article from Nov:

<H1 style="MARGIN: auto 0cm">There's more than gold in them thar hills </H1><H5 style="MARGIN: auto 0cm">Barry FitzGerald </H5>November 22, 2010

[b]P[/b]ALLADIUM'S price strength is having a nice rub-off on the economics of Platina Resources' (ASX: PGM) Skaergaad gold/palladium deposit on the east coast of Greenland.

Skaergaad has been looking OK as a gold project based on a 5.8-million-gold-ounce resource in a zone of mineralisation that comes along with smaller counts of platinum and palladium.

Up until recently, the real shame was that Skaergaad's 6.4-million-ounce palladium resource, sitting 30 metres below the gold resource in another sheet-like reef structure, was not going to be worth mining.

But that has all changed with palladium prices taking off in the last 12 months, soaring from $US353 an ounce to more than $US700 an ounce in response to supply fears. There are doubts that Russia has much left in its secret stockpile and the world's biggest producer, South Africa, continues to struggle with power shortages and labour unrest.

All that is occurring against a backdrop of strong demand. Palladium's main use is in cleaning up car emissions in catalytic convertors. So it is kind of neat then that a place called Greenland has the potential to become a producer of the stuff.

China, now the world's biggest car market, underpins the strong demand. The idea that China's love affair with the car would grind to a halt in a post-GFC world has proven to be nonsense. A car is after all the modern definition of freedom, whether Beijing likes it or not.

Platina last week hinted that it might now look to include the palladium zone at Skaergaad in a new scoping study expected to be completed in the first quarter of next year.

There is also some hope that drilling could find that the bit of Greenland that sits between the gold and palladium zones at Skaergaad is not as barren as thought. Should that prove the case, Skaergaad looks like becoming one interesting project. Certainly interesting enough for Platina to head off to the Canadian market for a listing on the Toronto exchange in 2011.

Platina last traded at 38¢ a share for a market capitalisation of $38 million (fully diluted). Apart from Skaergaad, it owns the Munni Munni project in Western Australia, which has been around for years, and the exciting Owendale exploration project in central New South Wales

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING