Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CCL, COCA-COLA AMATIL LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Oct 26 2020, 12:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 26 2020, 11:29 AM

just wondering if one sold all the holdings , where they gonna put their cash??? for divvy stock??
Most of the CCA holders would be institutional and fund managers. ... which tend to run different styles of allocating

It would be fair to say most would be reallocated back to the subsector, in this case Consumer Staples.

the 5 biggest holdings in the XSJ are WOW, COL, CCA, A2M and then TWE (followed by MTS, ELD, CGC, BKL and UML, BGA and ING)

CCA occupies a rather special place and would be hard to identify a like minded competitor (with multinationals being the obvious ones)

Would money flow to the other Consumer Staples? A bit, but not all. However this may be a chance to diversify into .... well, what? Tech? Back into banks? other dividend payers?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 26 2020, 11:33 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 26 2020, 11:29 AM

Buy gold and silver ingots EB.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Oct 26 2020, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 25 2020, 04:58 PM

up over 15% atm

just wondering if one sold all the holdings , where they gonna put their cash??? for divy stock?? unsure.gif

nipper
post Posted: Oct 25 2020, 04:58 PM
  Quote Post

Coca Cola Amatil could announce as soon as Monday it is the target of an $8 billion takeover by British beverages giant Coca Cola European Partners, handing Australias bottler of famous soft drink Coca Cola, as well as a stable of popular beverage brands such as Mount Franklin water, Goulburn Valley Juice and Grinders coffee, to a foreign company.

Shares in the publicly listed CC Amatil were placed in a trading halt on Friday pending what it said would be a potential material transaction, and Bloomberg reported overnight that Britains Coca Cola European Partners, the worlds largest independent bottler of the storeyed soft drink, is in talks to acquire the Sydney based CC Amatil.

Bloomberg reported that insiders have stated that negotiations between the European and Australian bottlers are advanced and could be announced within days. The newswire service said details, including on the structure of the deal, are still being finalised and talks could yet fall apart.

It would mark the biggest takeover of an Australian company this year and would trigger a massive shake up of the nations alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverage sector that would touch all key segments of the drinks industry including soft drinks, beer, spirits, bottled water, coffee, dairy and juice.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 10 2017, 01:12 PM
  Quote Post

the selloff continued at Coca-Cola Amatil (CCL, -6.1%), after some negative news hit the company.

The soft-drink manufacturer announced that it lost the provision rights to Dominos to its direct rival, Pepsi.

While the loss is not material in terms of the volumes CCL produces (~1m cases lost vs. ~300-400m cases produced domestically), the lost contract is expected to be at a relatively higher margin.

Additionally, Woolies also decided not to stock the latest ‘no-sugar’ flavour that CCL is in the midst of launching, throwing another dampener on the stock sentiment

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 21 2017, 05:08 PM
  Quote Post

" Investors punished CCL after the company backed away from its promise of mid single-digit earnings growth, saying it now expects underlying net profit to decline in the first half, while full year profits will be flat. The share price tumbled 10.5 per cent to $9.61. Trading in the Australian drinks unit for the year to date has been weaker than last year with all channels experiencing volume and price pressure due to competition and category trends, the beverages giant said on Friday. Chief executive Alison Watkins re-affirmed earnings guidance for mid single-digit earnings per share (EPS) growth in February. But the company said that while that was a longer-term target, full year underlying net profit after tax to be broadly in line with last year. "

Read more: http://www.afr.com/markets

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Mar 17 2017, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

"Consumer tastes are changing and concerns around health and not consuming too much sugar creates a lot of opportunities"

"We've seen water grow dramatically, we've seen dairy grow very strongly, and we've seen good progress in tea and juice.

Consumers are still drinking [and] we're still seeing the overall market grow"
Alison Watkins, MD, Coca-Cola Amatil

spin

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 25 2016, 06:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 24 2016, 11:10 AM

...reports of tension with major shareholder The Coca-Cola Company (KO). The two companies will reportedly come to a new pricing agreement next year for pricing concentrate, which is the main ingredient used in carbonated soft drinks.
gouge the colonies

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 24 2016, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Sep 10 2014, 01:12 PM

Friday's CCL Investor Day didn't endear the company to the analysts. Seems to be an outfit that is constantly running just to stand still.

Selling from the start of trading today and little recovery from 6% drop early.

--------------------

wren
post Posted: Sep 10 2014, 01:12 PM
  Quote Post

CCL (Coke) has an interesting chart.The stock has been stuck between $9.00 and $9.60 for a long period.So,a long trade at todays price with a tight stop…say $8.80 or so is low risk.Or,go short on the basis that if CCL breaks downwards (which should result in a large fall)with a stop at say $9.30 or so. Consolidation zones such as that seen here frequently provide lowish risk trading opportunities.

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING