Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

COH, COCHLEAR LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: May 13 2019, 10:12 AM
  Quote Post

Cochlear has been downgraded by Citi due to share price appreciation beyond his 12-month target price of $198. Citi’s John Deakin-Bell notes that Cochlear’s share price has rebounded significantly since the company announced the launch of a new 3T MRI compatible implant.

He makes no changes to our estimates but highlights that his EPS forecasts remain ahead of consensus in FY20 by 8 per cent and in FY21 by 11 per cent. And his forecasts are predicated on approval of the CI profile plus in the USA market by the end of CY19.

COH last $196.02.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Nov 8 2017, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 13 2016, 09:04 AM

not much about one of the stars - now over $180 and steady lift since early 2014 lows around $60
Cochlear's ongoing share price surge is showing no signs of ending, with upgrades ordered to boost the manufacturer's earnings outlook.

Four months after spending $50 million on upgrading its manufacturing capacity in China, Cochlear has nailed a vital contract that will see its market share rise in the mainland market. Cochlear has been awarded a Chinese government contract to supply 1491 units, which was half of the award on offer in the final tender for 2017. The implants will be distributed next year and helps Cochlear even-up the differential with its main rival in the lucrative Chinese market. It is expected that Cochlear will reap at least $12m in extra revenue from the contract.

Over the past year, Cochlear launched its first off-the-ear sound processor, Kanso, in the US and Europe. Unlike most processors, which are worn on the ear, the Kanso is a more discreet device but still has the same hearing benefits. The company also launched the world's slimmest electrode for cochlear implants, the Nucleus Profile Slim Modiolar, in the same markets.

Cochlear's implant unit grew sales by 8 per cent in the past financial year, or 14 per cent when excluding the volatility of Chinese government tenders.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 13 2016, 09:04 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 12 2016, 12:32 PM

Cochlear is a finalist in the Most Innovative Company Awards, and its senior vice-president of development and design, Jans Janssen, said the company knew better than most the power of crowdsourcing innovation. "There were nine groups working on the development of a cochlear implant in the 1970s, only four survived and Cochlear is by far the biggest of those," he said.

An advantage that founder Graeme Clark's team had over the others was access, across town in Melbourne, to a heart pacemaker firm called Teletronics. "In terms of building something that could be implanted inside the body and last a long time, that shared knowledge was crucial," Janssen said.

The new innovation Cochlear will be recognised for is its Baha 5 Sound Processor, the world's first sound processor that streams sound directly from a users' iPhone, iPad or iPod touch straight into their hearing aid. The processor turns the sound into vibrations and sends the vibrations through a small implant directly to the inner ear.

Janssen said the innovation – which grew Cochlear's share of the global hearing aid market by 27 per cent in the year to April – was as much about monitoring the development of external technologies as Cochlear's own intellectual property.

"For instance we've really had to understand each new generation of Wi-Fi and figure out when it had got to a point where a product like Baha 5 would be possible," he said.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 12 2016, 12:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 12 2016, 12:29 PM

I think COH are winning the technological adaption race, with constant innovation. Until that stops, the bigger toy makers will win.

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Aug 12 2016, 12:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 12 2016, 11:46 AM

try to figure it where the next phase of growth from COH???
otherwise it is good short target at $140 plus. imho

nipper
post Posted: Aug 12 2016, 11:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Sep 26 2013, 09:39 PM

Away she goes, next target any guess? - Um, $140 taken out with ease after good results

Net profit at Cochlear Ltd. (COH), the world's biggest hearing implant maker, rose 30% as it sold more bionic ears and accessories including a product that connects wirelessly to a user's smart phone.

Cochlear on Tuesday reported an annual net profit of 188.9 million Australian dollars (US$144.6 million) in the year ended June 30 from A$145.8 million a year earlier, as revenue was also boosted by the weakening Australian dollar.

The result was slightly below the A$190.2 million consensus of five analyst forecasts compiled by the Wall Street Journal, but within the company's own guidance for net profit between A$180 million and A$190 million.

The business is benefiting from the rollout of products in the prior year, including a number of wireless accessories that allow users to do things like connect to a smartphone or stream music or T.V. audio from home entertainment system to their hearing implant.

Cochlear also said it will pay a final dividend of A$1.20 a share, up from A$1.00 a year earlier.

- I am surprised; I thought Cochlear was running into headwinds. SP has doubled in 2 years.

--------------------

batikit
post Posted: Sep 26 2013, 09:39 PM
  Quote Post

Away she goes, next target any guess? rolleyes.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

nipper
post Posted: Jun 3 2013, 10:28 AM
  Quote Post

UBS rates COH as Sell - Target $56.90 (was $59.50). More bad news for Cochlear, UBS reporting it looks like Advanced Bionics won the 1500 unit second tranche of the annual 4000 unit China tender. The broker admits COH may get lucky and pick up the third tranche, but there are only 1100 units left to go. This compares to the 2800 units supplied in FY13. The broker has lowered FY14 net profit forecasts by 2.3% on the news and on slowing demand in developed markets. The Sell call remains in place, with UBS saying the stock is too expensive and at an unwarranted premium given the growing market challenges ahead.
- UBS forecasts a full year FY13 dividend of 248.00 cents and EPS of 282.00 cents .
- estimated dividend yield is 3.84%.

and that was before today's Ann:
Hearing implant maker Cochlear says its sales have slowed in the second half of the financial year, ahead of the launch of its newest range of products. The company also said its market growth in the United States had slowed.Cochlear expects to make a net profit of between $130 million and $135 million in the 2012/13 financial year, it said on Monday. That is significantly higher than the $57 million profit it made in 2011/12, a result affected by more than $101 million in costs from a recall of its Nucleus C1500 series implant.

But its forecast for 2012/13 is lower than the $180 million net profit it made in the year before the mass product recall.

Cochlear recently began to release its new Nucleus 6 products in Asia, and a north American launch is set for June 6. "Second half FY13 sales have been weaker ahead of this much anticipated launch," the company said in a statement.

Cochlear also said on Monday it expects to pay a final dividend of $1.25 per share for the 2012/13 financial year, in line with its interim dividend paid after the first six months of the year.

Down 10% this morning

--------------------

doji-star
post Posted: May 16 2013, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

Just closed it on the open smile.gif

doji-star
post Posted: May 15 2013, 10:43 AM
  Quote Post

I just initaited a small short in COH at 73.60, smile.gif . I think it is going higher but is due to pause or pullback. There is no signal or reason to go short in any objective sense. It's a bit risky. smile.gif

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING