Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

IVC, INVOCARE LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 25 2020, 11:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 25 2020, 11:09 AM

Ask me next week.
Have been sent a link for teamviewer to livestream a funeral on Saturday or a young 23year old killed last week.
At least I won't have to wear a suit.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Mar 25 2020, 11:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 25 2020, 10:13 AM

social gathering restrictions clearly will affect them!
Just how do you livestream a funeral?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 25 2020, 10:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 10 2020, 09:15 AM

Well, I got that wrong!
Down 17% today following a announcement that CV is impacting their business (but they dont know how much).
So I bought some more.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 10 2020, 09:15 AM
  Quote Post

Bought in to IVC this morning.
Their business will not slow down, on the contrary there will be a spike in business courtesy of coronavirus.
Has fallen sharply with the big sell off, so reckon its got some value/
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 07:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Aug 15 2019, 05:18 PM

Paws for thought, though.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 05:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 15 2019, 04:54 PM

new pet cremation business, called Patch & Purr

Could have been called Hot Dog and Pussy, but probably not as successful with serious pet owners I guess. smile.gif

Cheers
H

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 04:54 PM
  Quote Post

Finally, we’re once again dying like we should be.

Funeral home operator InvoCare reported a 1.9 per cent increase the number of deaths in Australia in the six months to June 30, with earthly departures back in line with historic norms across the group.

That trend, and a lift in market share, boosted Invocare’s operating profits by 8.6 per cent on an underlying basis, while net profit surged 97 per cent on thanks as healthy investment markets boosted returns on the capital the group holds in trust for pre-paid funerals.

The big swing factor in full-year earnings is winter flu season, which based on my highly scientific test of the number of colleagues sniffling around me, looks pretty good.

CEO Martin Earp will also be looking for growth from his new pet cremation business, called Patch & Purr. You can’t make this stuff up.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 28 2018, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

Invocare dominating funeral industry means customers not getting good deals, academic says

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-28/c...ection=business

- and the most vulnerable are in no position to negotiate!

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 25 2014, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

Ahh, it seems dying has slowed down a bit, and the number of customers has fallen.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/o...0276#mm-premium

Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 11 2013, 10:25 AM
  Quote Post

I have been puzzled about the lack of comments from investors on a number of stocks - CCP and IVC in particular.
They have both consistently outperformed the market, and have reliable steady business with good cash flow, low borrowings, few competotors, and a steady dtream of "customers" that won't diminish any time soon.
I guess they are just too boring for most people.
Hope they continue their boringness - or should that be borosity?

Mick

--------------------

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING