Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

905 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Feb 16 2019, 12:40 PM
  Quote Post

When a deadline is given, it is almost always certainly to be ignored. Otherwise there's no drama. No surprises. Hopefully it will come before but I doubt it. More likely, middle of March.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/ar...jectid=12204464

President Donald Trump said that "there's a possibility" he would extend a March 2 deadline in trade talks with China if the two countries are closing in on a deal.

Trump made the remarks after two days of high-level negotiations broke up in Beijing Friday, and the two countries announced plans to resume talks next week in Washington. The world's two biggest economies are locked in a dispute over China's aggressive push to challenge American technological dominance.

The US is scheduled to hike import taxes on US$200 billion ($291.2b) worth of Chinese goods on March 2. But Trump told reporters that he might extend the deadline "if I see that we're close to a deal or the deal is going in the right direction." He had made similar comments on Tuesday.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Feb 16 2019, 11:27 AM
  Quote Post

Highbury Capital gonna do a Dendreon on BLT?

The saving grace might be JPM. At least its not Citi or the Giant Squid. It was at the beginning though. That JPM are appearing on the books suggests we are full circle.

https://www.deepcapture.com/

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 15 2019, 12:33 PM
  Quote Post

Nth. Korean summit is set down for 27&28th of February. China reckons Trump won't initiate the tariffs. Trump says he might delay them. While England's navy is steaming to the Pacific just in case.
Seems to me like China has the whip hand. But Nth. Korea is piggy in the middle around which everything swivels on.

First O second week of March will determine BLTs fate of it hasn't been already in private.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 14 2019, 06:49 PM
  Quote Post

Trump says he may delay the implementation of the tariffs. Wonder what's brought that on. Doesn't want to spite his electoral base when they realize American strength means consumption costs more for them.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 12 2019, 07:59 AM
  Quote Post

That's the end of Chinese New Year on Sunday. If it's gonna happen it must be soon. But I got a feeling there is still a bit to go.

I hope BLT and the holders get put out of their misery one way or another. Otherwise this is just gonna be another cash burning gravy train shell.

See Dirk was berating SGMO for running a sham. SGMO very similar to BLT.

ARWR up another 8% with no new news. Someone must know something!

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 9 2019, 08:17 AM
  Quote Post

Read elsewhere Chinese officials don't think Trump will implement the tariffs. A part of me agrees. Why would you cut your nose off to spite your hard-working electoral base who depend on cheap Made in China consumer goods? Increase in tariffs just puts the price up, taps into hard to come by disposable household cash and sends Walmart and Costco broke.

ARWR up 18% overnight with a surge in volume. Remember when the FDA shut every single program of theirs down except one? The one that was being conducted in Auckland. I wonder what significance there is in that.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 8 2019, 03:28 AM
  Quote Post

The theatre of hardball brinksmanship has begun. We must be very, very close. Remember too, markets will always move ahead of the public announcements of government.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/07/stock-marke...-trade-war.html

CNBC learned through a source that a meeting between the two leaders was "highly unlikely." China and the U.S. have until the start of March to strike a trade deal. Otherwise, additional tariffs on Chinese goods take effect. The source said a meeting between Xi and Trump could happen shortly after the deadline passes, but noted both sides have too much work ahead of them.

Earlier on Thursday, White House economic advisor Larry Kudlow said China and the U.S. were still far away on striking a trade deal. "We've got a pretty sizable distance to go here," Kudlow told Fox Business, referring to the ongoing trade talks between the two largest world economies. Kudlow added President Donald Trump is "optimistic with respect to a potential trade deal."

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 6 2019, 06:30 AM
  Quote Post

Those punitive tariffs are set to kick in on March 1st. That's a sign we won't have anything before then because where would the public theatre of hardball brinkmanship be?

This is reminiscent of the Super 301 move the Americans used against the Japanese to put them back in their place.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia...-vietnam-report

HONG KONG • United States President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping are considering a meeting on Feb 27 and 28 in the coastal city of Da Nang in Vietnam, the South China Morning Post reported, citing a person familiar with the discussions.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 6 2019, 05:50 AM
  Quote Post

I must've missed it because I have seen no updates or closing statements for the conclusion of the Sino- US trade talks with the Australian interloper. Except for the bit where Trump said, nothing gets done until he meets with President Xi. But no date has been ascribed to that.

I guess that puts us into some kind of twilight zone.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 5 2019, 05:57 PM
  Quote Post

It's been a long time since Obama declared in his SOTU address the US is in the middle of a biotech Sputnik moment.

Since then the sector has just listed onwards like a torpedo Rd ship.

It's about time Trump updated us.

--------------------

905 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING