Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4999 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
Verharven
post Posted: Jan 13 2020, 12:25 PM
  Quote Post

From Silverchair on Hotcopper

"Broker Moelis Australia has upgraded its price target for Clinuvel today - Target Price of $44.42. The truth is without the enormous amount of artificial selling via shorts in the last 6 months the CUV share price would already be at $44. The shorting is good in that it has allowed me to buy a lot more shares at bargain basement prices so thanks for that! Going to be a big couple of years for CUV IMO.."

Said 'Thanks' for this post: waz  PunkassDerm  LJS  odi01  Alaaf  Farleap11  G dawg Delaney  

LJS
post Posted: Jan 13 2020, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

Forums here seem to be like any other social media-everything from chatter through informative pragmatic info to fiction often deliberate to perhaps gain advantage or be mischievious. It's unfortunate when it does become personal -either directed to posters or company personnel-no harm in some colorful debate and any good humor should be embraced and of course some idiotic posts will more than likely be shot down.I'm only going to repeat what has been mentioned by a couple of posts: who hasn't had a couple weeks off recently?? if not maybe you should. I don't think there has been much activity in the last month not just through CUV taking a break but just as much any stakeholders having their breaks as well.There is a new game in town post FDA and recent investor activity at higher prices. New investors may currently be under water to some degree and will have a different mindset (perhaps similar to long term holders many years ago). The direction and focus can change toward an 'end game' which will likely attract significant more revenue than EPP and Vitiligo.
I'm only waiting for quarterly results and any updates regarding EPP rollout. The company will be progressing other goals as a matter if course. I don't need regular updates outside a quarterly newsletter. I don't believe any listed company is obliged to provide much more than their AGM and financial reports. They also cannot provide sensitive information to individuals on request. If anyone would like a comparison have a look at CSL: in the last 12 months- outside AGM and significant holder statemente , there was two investor briefings, one in December and one in April, along with a significant announcement in June. I hope PW is not distracted by an element of retail or other investors , especially anyone attempting to discredit or undermine what they are doing.The share price performance has been outstanding for those holding over the last few years. I hope to assess the company now based less on emotion and more purely on financial performance.
Competition is inevitable and part of the evolving sector-to me CUV are streets ahead.PW has the most skin in the game so I imagine just as we get a little anxious about how our relative small fortunes are going, he also can get a litlle stressed. I' looking forward to the year ahead and I hope and expect the share price to be above where it is and would be happy at $40-50. Ecstatic anywhere above. GLTA

Said 'Thanks' for this post: impacman  Farleap11  schlitzo  panguna  oystercatcher  Justinian  Kalaz  xlnja  waz  odi01  Starfire  Alaaf  G dawg Delaney  

KRD
post Posted: Jan 13 2020, 03:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: johnnytech's post @ Jan 13 2020, 01:05 AM

I don’t think a NASDAQ listing is even on their radar. Everything is geared to a 4-year plan for performance and growth; would come as no surprise if the company will be sold at that point or it will remain an R&D operation with multiple licensing agreements.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: waz  

johnnytech
post Posted: Jan 13 2020, 01:05 AM
  Quote Post

Top 10 thoughts.

1. Shorters. I think we've lost the natural post FDA approval bump. Shorters have made it so the company has to actually realize good quarterly numbers, and actively chase away the shorters. I check shortman now more than I check this forum. I'm working on my own website that is a variation of what shortman does.
2. There is literally nothing more important than a NASDAQ listing and quarterly sales numbers to me at this point.
3. Dr Wally, you are fine, and your posts are fine-ish. Just dial it back a little. Please. For your own sake, I'll read your posts more if you post less.
4. Uho, come back here after a decade of being away. Seriously.
5. The big package for PW actually gives me some comfort where I sit right now because it tells me he won't start to relax and just take what he's gotten so far.
6. Clearly PW won't use public relations as a means to scare the shorters. And the NASDAQ listing project looks like it's dead. I legit wonder if there's some shenanigans going on. I can imagine scenarios where PW is using the shorters to his own benefit. The slingshot of the stock price is coming, we just need to wait it out.
7. I still have hopes we're going to see a lot of movement in February, but my heart is on pause.
8. I don't think we're being punished as Farma characterized it, but there is definitely some strategizing going on and it involves keeping the market in the dark and possibly the stock price down.
9. I haven't changed my lifestyle. I haven't sold. I retracted my retirement. I delayed house building plans. I didn't buy that Tesla for Christmas that I was planning. Now, instead of waiting for FDA approval, I'm waiting for a stock price of 52/35 before some self indulgence.

schlitzo
post Posted: Jan 12 2020, 11:59 AM
  Quote Post

I for one, will miss Uhoh's posts and the different perspective they gave. Small time bickering creeping back to this forum. Sad. As for management, they made me a shit load of money last year, I imagine they will do the same this year. I'm quite happy not to hound them and let them get on with what they are good at.
Happy New Year to all here at Sharecafe. Hope it's a Brilliant Year for you all.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Farleap11  waz  impacman  scipio79  arjan1972  johnnytech  Alaaf  LJS  juxtaposer  

Dr Wally
post Posted: Jan 11 2020, 10:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Clinhope's post @ Jan 10 2020, 07:10 AM

Ok Clinhope, the tennis has been decided I can reply to your posts now

“””Nobody except me. I called that PW would maintain the same mentality post FDA. Like i said, i wish i was wrong.””-”

No you did really well. I remember at the time thinking that youd made a very big mistake but you killed it. What was you average?.. I sold 1000 at approx $36 only because I needed to and I definitely wasn’t happy about it at the time but it turned out to be a genius move! biggrin.gif
_______
“””Aside from what the future holds for clinuvel products, the article is absolutely correct, i.e regardless of how effective Scenesse is at providing U.V protection, DNA repair, anti-inflammatory etc it probably should never be the sole aspect of sun protection. People who use Scenesse still need to consider the same questions regarding sun protection, how long can i spend in the sun? What is the UV index? ETC.”””-

From my experience once you have enough of this peptide in your system, (stimulating EUMelanin like crazy), the Eumelanin eventually builds up into a physical barrier to a degree that it becomes virtually impenetrable to sunlight. It really is incredible. No need for chemical suncream with all of its negative side effects when your Afamelanotide levels are optimal..

Think about it, it allows people with EPP to expose themselves to summer sunlight for hours when usually a minute is long enough to cause immense damage to their skin. Scenesse really is the most efficient and effective and safest sunscreen possible.-

Until you reach the optimal level of Afamelanotide in you body your not bulletproof protected so this is where I can now see how it would be considered a cosmetic. When you have low levels of the drug in your system you definitely will still see colour (depending on sunlight exposure) but your nowhere near as protected as when you have optimal levels, absolutely nowhere near. -

Its like the Fitzpatrick scale for skin types. You move through each level of scale depending on how much Afamelanotide you’ve ingested till you reach complete photoprotective levels if you keep taking the drug..And then like they say your photoprotected for at least two months. Strangely the tan will last for many months longer than that (slowly fading away just like a normal tan) BUT your photoprotection level is much much lower than the first two-three months.

The only (negative?) issue comes when your levels are high and your getting sunlight exposure, you will go darker and darker and darker. This is what will keep most people from sunbaking though. So really it should be seen as a good thing I guess. -

Another incredible thing that ive noticed is even after getting sunburnt,(sunburnt where you would peel like mad after 5-7 days) 3-5 days of Afamelanotide use stops you from peeling, completely. Could that be an indication of repair on some level?-

Ive never spoken (in detail) about my use of peptides for photoprotection here through fear of giving regulators any extra reason no matter how trivial to stall progress even more and of course I knew a few here would of blown up big time but now that the FDA is on board I figure no harm can come from discussing it in detail. . -

If I didn’t know what I know about this drug I would have definitely exited this investment many many years ago.The confusion about whats going on here never ends so it must be so stressful for many investors at times. -

I have the comfort of knowing 100% that it wont be this drug at the heart of any failure to see the company make 10s billions per year. I pray that management arnt nearly as stupid as many believe. As totally f ing frustrating as hearing no news is im certain these guys wont fail to realise this drugs potential especially now the FDA is fully approving of it. -

--------------------
Wishing everyone the best of luck through these testing times. Hopefully we’ll all be getting back on track towards the end of this incredible year 2020.

Understand the reality of this unprecedented situation but don’t panic.

2020. Year of the germ!

Featured Stock Stories

Clinhope
post Posted: Jan 11 2020, 05:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dr Wally's post @ Jan 11 2020, 01:49 PM

Nobody except me. I called that PW would maintain the same mentality post FDA. Like i said, i wish i was wrong.

Nov 19: “ For what its worth I don’t think PW will falter from his slow and steady approach. I’m expecting basically more of the same, or at least a very cautious approach aiming for consistent year on year growth. “
https://boards.sharecafe.com.au/index.php?s...c=27&st=810

I think it comes down to PW and the team believing/knowing that the best way to make inroads is to focus more on actually doing work than promoting the business.

Yes its hard. No I don’t think they are perfect. I know they’ve “promised“ so much and fell short of some of those. But we all know that what has been achieved so far is extremely rare and what is to come will make that look mediocre. Special achievements are never done by doing what every other idiot does.

--------------------
Member of the “ALL-IN” club 2018.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Alaaf  

FarmaZutical
post Posted: Jan 11 2020, 03:32 PM
  Quote Post

My feeling is that Dr. Wolgen is punishing the investors who have been
so rude as to write letters to IR requesting information about
the various things that have been buried. I myself
have written numerous letters where I respectfully ask them
to clarify I.e. what happened to the promised cosmetic line, the VP
trial that was suddenly postponed a year and various other aspects
of the company. I’m also amongst those investors who were against
Wolgen’s Christmas present and I have recommended modernizing
the communication strategy so that the company can
attract new investors and garner trust with a more open
attitude.

The only answer I and many others have received is the public
statement from the previous chair that we are “uncivil” and that
we don’t live up to our “responsibilities.”

That tells me that the company is now actively punishing us
by letting us know even less. In my view it’s only fair that
investors demand to know how the company is planning to
monetize the recent FDA approval and which steps are taken to
ensure a swift roll out. We know from a Facebook post from the
American Porphyria Association that the company is now
gathering information from them regarding the location
of the US EPP patients. That’s pretty much the only
piece of information we have 3 months after the historic
approval of Scenesse.

Dr. Wolgen wants investors to have blind faith in his strategy but
that’s not how it works unless you run a private company. I have
faith. Quite a lot, actually. But it’s not blind and I dislike being
regarded as uncivil when I ask legit questions about
aspects of the business.

Over the years I’ve been wondering, why Clinuvel
ran their IR and PR this way. First, I though it was due to the
lack of funds. Then I figured they were terrified of
competition. Now, I’m convinced it’s because they just don’t
give a flip. When investors get not reply or even an acknowledgment of
receipt to respectful and relevant letters sent to IR, then
there can only be one explanation: The don’t care.

I’m not overly concerned that they are covering something up and
I don’t think anything has gone wrong and that they are in
full panic mode behind the curtains. I just think they are sending
a message: Stop bothering us or we will just stop
giving you any information whatsoever about your investment.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Frogster  odi01  Verharven  waz  PunkassDerm  Johnny H  johnnytech  Billy Boots  trisail  

Dr Wally
post Posted: Jan 11 2020, 01:49 PM
  Quote Post

The communication blackout is concerning and is no doubt causing extreme frustrating to everyone invested in Clinuvel. NOBODY would have predicted it would be like this post FDA approval.

Even though the levels of frustration and confusion is high it’s no excuse for telling people what subjects they can and can’t post about and discuss in a public forum.

If somebody’s stating an honest opinion and you don’t agree with it simply argue your point. That’s what makes sharecare so valuable: respect and civility.

If you can’t handle a differing point of view and you take things personally, have unnatural levels of hatred running through you veins, constantly feeling to need to insult and go on the attack without a second of rational thought then you might want to checkout and maybe join the yahoo’s over at Yahoo finance.

Extreme paranoia and a malignant personality are prerequisites to becoming a member it seems, oh and multiple (banned) sharecafe accounts is an absolute must.

Those guys are incredibly funny and extremely worrying in equal measure. Shout out to all the plants in the building!.. RC, Reality Chump, IGGY, Sully and Eagle whoever the last two are. Hahahaha!

Sharecafe of dreams is gold but it can easily turn to sh1t if opinions aren’t acknowledged and respected. It’s happened before!

--------------------
Wishing everyone the best of luck through these testing times. Hopefully we’ll all be getting back on track towards the end of this incredible year 2020.

Understand the reality of this unprecedented situation but don’t panic.

2020. Year of the germ!

PortugueseMan
post Posted: Jan 11 2020, 09:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rabbitrun's post @ Jan 11 2020, 03:09 AM

It’s not a question of lack of faith. I truly believe in this company and in its medicine, and I’m pretty sure few here doubt it. It’s a question of common sense: Clinuvel submitted several reimbursement dossiers that have been rejected (in some cases, more than a year ago). We have the right to know what will be the next steps. Besides, 5 years after EMA approval, it would be nice to know something about the significant EPP market of the Scandinavian countries..

Let me also tell you that I didn't like the tone of your post and your aggressiveness. If you don't like what this forum turned in to, I invite you to be consistent with yourself and with your own suggestions, and to look for another forum that you like best.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: paul jackson  mrdax  PunkassDerm  

4999 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING