Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

REA, REA GROUP LTD
nipper
post Posted: Dec 27 2019, 07:28 PM
  Quote Post

REA Group Limited (ASX: REA)

REA is hardly a household name, but I’m sure most people in Australia have heard of its flagship website platform realestate.com.au. This company has benefitted enormously from the boom in property prices over the past decade, but I feel confident that the company is now big (and wide) enough to profit in any market conditions. Its diversification into the home loan and property data segments is also a very welcome one, in my view.

REA is also a dividend growth beast – increasing its shareholder payouts from 36.5 cents per share in 2013 to $1.18 per share this year. That translates to a compound annual growth rate of 21.6%. Again, at this rate (if continued) it would only take a few years before you would be getting a sizeable chunk of your initial REA investment back each year in dividend form.
Motley Fool

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 20 2018, 10:01 PM
  Quote Post

That's going to hurt tomorrow - no explanation given - and REA goes ex-dividend on Tuesday wacko.gif
REA CEO Tracey Fellows dumps all but 12 of her shares
REA CEO Tracey Fellows has sold almost every single one of her REA shares, netting $911,490.06, according to an startling 3Y notice lodged after the ASX closed on Monday

https://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/rea-c...20180820-h148fj.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Nov 8 2016, 04:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dr_dazmo's post @ Nov 8 2016, 07:54 AM

SP up over 5% - Shows how much I know..
blush.gif

--------------------
Always remember the Golden Rule - Those with the Gold make the Rules!

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Nov 8 2016, 07:54 AM
  Quote Post

HI All,
I see REA has released it's quarterly result today:

"Group financial highlights from core operations for the quarter ending 30 September 2016 include revenue growth of 16% to $170m and EBITDA growth of 9% to $90m."

Looks like expenses relative to revenue are creeping up (Operating Expense up 26%), but this caught my attention:

"The strong revenue result was driven by the inclusion of iProperty revenue, which was not included in the prior comparative period, and a 14% increase in the Australian residential business. This was achieved in a market which saw an 8% decline in listing volumes, with the largest decreases occurring in the Sydney and Melbourne markets. The decline in listings was initially due to uncertainty surrounding the Australian federal election, however, listing volumes remained lower for the entire quarter as the lack of stock deterred potential property sellers from entering the market. Listing volumes have remained at these levels in October and we expect these conditions to continue for the remainder of the first half."

I don't claim to be a property market expert, but when was the last time anyone made a decision not to sell their house because of a looming election, Federal, State or otherwise???
Maybe around the introduction of the GST?

I'm also confused as to why a "lack of stock" deterred potential sellers?
Again, I'm not an economist, but I would have thought, based on simple supply & demand, that the best time to sell would have been when there were relatively few sellers??

Happy to be educated if anyone has some insight, but it sounds a bit like a case of "baffle them with BS" to me.

Cheers
Dr_Dazmo

--------------------
Always remember the Golden Rule - Those with the Gold make the Rules!

nipper
post Posted: Feb 8 2016, 09:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 27 2012, 02:29 PM

Strange that nobody showed an interest in REA for years

REA Group Ltd (REA) reported 1H16 NPAT of $121m, up 28% on the pcp.

Revenue increased 20%, and 22% in the Australian business thanks to sales of its top tier product.

However, management flagged that it expects cost growth to step up in 2H16

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Dec 27 2012, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

Strange that nobody showed an interest in REA for years.
Today it shows up on an Intraday scan of mine, giving me a nudge to check where it's coming from and going to.

Weekly chart has hit an obvious resistance at the Fib 161.8% level (give or take a smidgeon)

Attached Image

That assessment was also foreshadowed by a multiple bearish Divergence in MACD on the Daily:

Attached Image

Which gets me to today's green alert: it's not a buy order just yet, but a strong suggestion to watch for a possible break above the recent High, which, depending on buying volume, could herald a new swing up to $20 and beyond.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Featured Stock Stories

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jan 19 2009, 09:24 AM
  Quote Post

Topic rename

REALESTATE.COM.AU LIMITED (REA)

To:
REA GROUP LTD (REA)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

areu486
post Posted: Jun 3 2007, 01:08 PM
  Quote Post

england is going to be very interesting in the year ahead I think.

They have moved very quickly into the number 2 spot and must be fast closing on the number one position over the next year or 2.

The other players must be worrying about this so the potential of mergers for their england business on rea's terms must be a real possibility.

with the size of the english market perhaps 3 times as large as oz it could be significant.

coshog
post Posted: Feb 27 2007, 11:28 AM
  Quote Post

lmaosmiley.gif wow i really neded that, cheers

macrae
post Posted: Feb 27 2007, 11:19 AM
  Quote Post

Sydney - Tuesday - February 27: (RWE Aust Business News) -
realestate.com.au Ltd (ASX:REA) reported a net profit of $5.68 million
for the half year to December 31 2006, compared with $2.86m in the prior
corresponding half.
Revenue was $48.12m against $24.71m previously.
Traffic across all sites averaged 4.7 million unique browsers per
month during the six months.
This represents a 65pc increase.
In January 2007, traffic increased to a historic high of 6.1
million unique browsers.
Property Listings across all sites increased to 731,002 listings
in December.
This represents 43pc growth since December 2005.
"We are extremely pleased with the continued strong growth of the
company," managing director Simon Baker said.
"... we continue to deliver strong revenue and profit growth in
our existing businesses, with the Australian business delivering
strong revenue and gross profit growth and the UK business continuing to
capture market share... we continue to enhance our product range with the
new release of our commercial sites and the acquisition of additional
products for our agent office solutions business.
"Finally we are advancing our international expansion with the
acquisition of casa.it, the leading site in Italy and the atHome group
based out of Luxembourg."

--------------------
<b>"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind." </b>

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING