Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

46 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

QBE, QBE INSURANCE GROUP LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: May 10 2019, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

Premium rate momentum has continued into 2019 with average premium rates up by around 4% (ex CTP) in the first quarter, consistent with our experience in the first quarter of 2018.

We have experienced positive rate in all of our divisions due to a combination of market conditions and our disciplined approach to pricing and risk selection.”

Pat Regan, CEO, QBE Insurance Group

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Feb 26 2019, 07:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 25 2019, 05:47 PM

i'm scared to touch QBE ,only because it is a insurer of Opal Tower, that will really cost them when that saga settles. IMHO.
that things will keep going for a while!

nipper
post Posted: Feb 25 2019, 05:47 PM
  Quote Post

Insurance giant QBE used to be seen as a black box. It's still a complex beast, but chief executive Pat Regan is making strides towards keeping things as simple as possible.

The key number from the 2018 full year result is the group's combined operating ratio, which is the main measure of profitability. It improved from 103.9 per cent in 95.7 per cent in 2018, thanks to better pricing and lower costs.

Regan says it will be between 94.5 per cent and 96.5 per cent in 2019; if he can hit the midpoint of 95.5 per cent, he'll eclipse market expectations.
https://www.afr.com/business/what-we-learned-from-profits-on-february-25-20190225-h1bos5

... But still a black box (hopefully, not a swan?)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Feb 22 2018, 11:03 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 24 2018, 10:28 AM

as us 10 years yield looks gonna shoots up, QBE will be the beneficialer
i hold it for over 11.50 ish target even if US market face another sell off.

nipper
post Posted: Jan 24 2018, 10:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jan 24 2018, 09:41 AM

EB, the 'new guy' always sells off a few marginal subsidiaries, cleans up the balance sheet and lowers expectations. How else can allocated performance options end up 'in the money' at the end of the new CEO's time at the helm?

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Jan 24 2018, 09:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jan 23 2018, 11:35 AM

QBE Insurance upgraded to overweight at JPMorgan

hmmmm over 10.90 now. we get this up grade the day after. weirdsmiley.gif

hope some of you guys still hang in there!! tongue.gif

my target price for QBE is 11.50---12.00 within 2018.

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Jan 23 2018, 11:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 12 2017, 11:38 AM

have look at QBE price movement after the wright down.......

it is not first time to see this type of action for QBE.

as UST breaks out , QBE should be a good bet, but the nature seems always against this beast. wacko.gif

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 12 2017, 11:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Sep 12 2017, 08:46 AM

Market seems to like the news. Shorters may need to take cover smile.gif

With a dearth of other news around, QBE is #1. Here's AFR Chanticleer columnist Tony Boyd asking whether the change at the top of the insurer means it's finally time to buy the stock:

One of the most commonly asked questions in the market over the past five years has been – "Is now the time to buy QBE?".

The question will be asked again today after the board of QBE suddenly appointed the company's chief financial officer and head of Australian and New Zealand operations, Pat Regan, as chief executive to replace John Neal.

Neal leaves after five years as CEO with the company in much better shape that it was when he took over as CEO in 2011.

The QBE Neal inherited from Frank O'Halloran had a range of problems caused by a decade of acquisitions.

The QBE of 2011 had poor underwriting practices, under reserving, weakness in its capital and poor risk management.

Even though Neal had been at the company for eight years before he became CEO it took him quite a while to get his head around the depth and breadth of the problems.

It was evident from a profit downgrade in June this year caused by the QBE emerging markets business that the problems buried in QBE were deeper than previously thought.

Not every CEO has a "kitchen sink" moment but Neal needed one at QBE. The $254 million loss recorded in calendar 2013 was meant to mark the beginning of a "period of refocus and stabilisation".

Neal managed to lift the return on equity from about 7 per cent to 8 per cent but QBE shares are now trading at a price less than they were when Neal took over as CEO.

It is generally accepted that Neal transformed QBE from a disparate group of siloed businesses into an integrated global insurer.

The sharp spike in the QBE share price on Tuesday following news of Regan's appointment suggests some people think the new CEO can wave a magic wand to fix QBE.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/markets-...911-gyffiz.html
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=qbe
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

early birds
post Posted: Sep 12 2017, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

1. Appointment
Appointed as the Group Chief Executive Officer effective 1 January 2018. Mr Regan will remain a
director on the QBE Insurance Group Limited Board.
2. Term
This is a permanent full-time appointment with no fixed term. Ongoing employment is subject to the
termination provisions of Mr Regan’s employment agreement and conditions of his 457 visa.
3. Responsibilities and Authorities
Mr Regan’s duties are those expected of the Group CEO, reporting to the QBE Group Board of
Directors.
4. Remuneration
Mr Regan’s remuneration on commencement will be as follows:
i Fixed Remuneration
Base salary of A$2,000,000 (gross) per annum inclusive of cash salary, salary sacrifice benefits and
any associated fringe benefit tax (FBT);
QBE shall meet the cost of insurance on death, total and permanent disablement, salary continuance
and non-resident medical insurance and any FBT thereon.
Mr Regan will be considered for an increase to his base salary of $100,000 (gross) at each of the first
two anniversaries of his commencement, subject to approval of the Board, after taking into account
his performance, the performance of QBE and other factors.
ii At-Risk Reward
Executive Incentive Plan (EIP)
Discretionary annual incentive award under the terms of the QBE Insurance Group Limited Executive
Incentive Plan for meeting targets relating to Group key business drivers and individual performance
objectives. The achievement by Mr Regan of the business and personal objectives set annually by
the Board gives rise to a potential EIP award of 233% of base salary. Outperformance in respect of
these objectives may result in a potential maximum EIP award of 350% of base salary. Any EIP
awarded under the plan will be delivered in two parts:
• 20% in cash following the end of the performance year; and
• 80% in conditional rights to QBE shares, vesting in four equal tranches over 12, 24, 36 and 48
months after the grant date, subject to service conditions and malus provisions during the vesting
period.
Any awards made under the EIP are subject to approval by the Board and then shareholders at the
subsequent Annual General Meeting.
5. Minimum shareholding requirement
Mr Regan will be required to maintain a minimum shareholding (including unvested conditional
rights not subject to a performance condition) of value no less than 300% of his base salary within 3
years of his appointment.
6. Termination
Mr Regan may resign at any time on giving 12 months' notice and QBE may terminate Mr Regan's
employment on giving 12 months' notice. QBE will pay all remuneration due to Mr Regan during the
notice period and any statutory entitlements owing to Mr Regan on termination of his employment.
EIP awards on termination are subject to the respective plan rules. In summary, “good leaver” (i.e.
retirement, redundancy, ill-health or termination with notice) provisions apply such that:
For the year of termination, a pro-rata EIP award may be granted at the discretion of the Board and
in consideration of company and individual performance. If such an award is made, 20% will be paid
in cash following full-year results and 80% awarded in conditional rights with vesting to occur in four
equal tranches over 12, 24, 36 and 48 months in accordance with the EIP Rules;
Deferred EIP conditional rights are retained in the plan subject to the terms of the plan; and
Unvested conditional rights from awards made prior to commencement as Group CEO are retained
in the relevant plan with vesting subject to the same performance conditions and vesting dates as
though service had continued.
If Mr Regan resigns or his employment is terminated on grounds justifying summary dismissal, only
accrued fixed remuneration and statutory entitlements will be paid.
Payments and benefits will be subject to any shareholder approvals that may be required by law.
6. Post-employment restrictions
Mr Regan is subject to non-compete and non-solicitation restrictions for a period of 12 months
following termination.
======================================================

i guess a lot people in the know whom knew it weeks ago.
at it's current price------cover the shorts or go long for a short term trade, target 11.00ish. imho

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

KianJ
post Posted: Aug 18 2017, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 18 2017, 09:27 AM

Do you need a chart to see price has broken major support.
Last time price broke support gapped down the bulls tried to move it up for gap fill but were beaten back down.
So the bearish daily candle is significant in that bulls will be unwilling to try the same move again.
Lots of room on the chart for price to move lower.
Add to the mix gathering downward momentum in the US due to nut job trump making the white house a joke
an things could get difficult.
Cheers

46 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING