Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

SLC, SUPERLOOP LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jul 1 2019, 10:09 AM
  Quote Post

[...in February] guidance for the 2019 financial year [was for ] statutory EBITDA of between $13 million and $18 million. This guidance was predicated on a number of factors, including that certain transactions were expected to complete and be recognised this financial year.

Despite its expectations to do so, the Company has not completed negotiations before 30 June 2019 to secure a significant commercial agreement which would have contributed the anticipated EBITDA to achieve its guidance for this financial year.

Accordingly, the expected EBITDA for FY2019 is now likely to be lower than that set out in the Presentation, and subject to the finalisation of June’s trading figures and completion of its audited full year results, in the range of approximately $7 million to $8 million (including approximately $1 million of restructuring costs from February 2019).

Negotiations with parties will continue and if successfully concluded will be reflected in future earnings.
- confession season.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 30 2019, 10:52 AM
  Quote Post

AARNet, Google, Indosat Ooredoo, Singtel, SubPartners and Telstra today announced that the INDIGO subsea cable system is now ready to be deployed by consortium members, following the on-schedule completion of the INDIGO West (4,600km Singapore to Perth) and INDIGO Central (4,600km Perth to Sydney cables.

Featuring new spectrum-sharing technology, each consortium member can independently leverage the new cable system to upgrade their networks and enable capacity increases on demand.

Spanning 9,200km, the INDIGO cable system will strengthen connectivity between Australia and the fast-growing Southeast Asian markets, providing lower latency and more reliable communication services. Using current coherent optical technology, the cable can support up to 36 terabits per second, the equivalent of simultaneously streaming millions of movies a second.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 16 2019, 03:22 PM
  Quote Post

Takeover talks between Superloop and Queensland Investment Corporation have come to an end.

“The board in discussions with QIC have been unable to agree a transaction, and on that basis, the parties have decided to discontinue the period of exclusivity.”

It comes with speculation that Canadian private equity firm Brookfield could be a second bidder for Superloop following the $494 million QIC offer. The thinking is that founder and major investor Bevan Slattery could have a hand in drumming up a rival offer from a private equity group now that QIC’s exclusive due diligence period has ended.

Infrastructure funds are eager to buy telecommunications assets at a time when major pure-play infrastructure acquisition opportunities remain scarce.

Mr Slattery remains a major shareholder in Superloop and it is understood that some investors in the internet connections company want a price higher than the $1.95 a share offered by QIC. It is understood some see $2.20 as closer to its value.
- hasn't helped in that sp down to $1.70s. ..... Bird/ hand/ bush

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 3 2019, 09:17 AM
  Quote Post

SLC has received an unsolicited, non-binding, conditional and indicative proposal from QIC Private Capital Pty Ltd on behalf of its Global Infrastructure managed and advised funds and clients (collectively QIC) on 2 April 2019 to acquire Superloop for $1.90 per share

On 26 April 2019, Superloop received a further revised non-binding, conditional and indicative proposal from QIC to acquire the Company for $1.95 per share Superloop’s closing share price upon receipt of the Initial Indicative Proposal (as at 2 April 2019) was $1.465.
The Revised Indicative Proposal includes two alternative forms of consideration to Superloop shareholders, namely, (i) full cash; or (ii) partial cash and partial scrip in a newly formed, unlisted entity

- hoping for a bidding war! (and I'll take the cash)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 27 2019, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

Superloop will be cap in hand in front of fund managers and sophisticated investors on Monday.

Street Talk can reveal the company and its broker Morgans were putting the final touches to a $30 million-odd equity raising over the weekend.

Superloop is expected to seek to raise about $30 million via a placement of shares to sophisticated and professional investors, and a rights issue to existing shareholders. Slattery, a well-known telco sector entrepreneur and Superloop's founder, is expected to take up his rights in full.

Superloop is expected to tell potential investors it needs the funds to bankroll a handful of growth projects. The company has plenty on the go in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, including building the the INDIGO subsea cable systems which connect Singapore, Jakarta, Perth and Sydney
... and so they did. $30 million; Institutional placement plus retail offer 1 for 18 at $1.25

Copped an ASX query for their efforts. Now trading at $1.48 after getting it away.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 24 2018, 09:24 AM
  Quote Post

Final splice of Sydney-Perth-Singapore fibre optic cable done, ...on time and on budget

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 20 2018, 07:26 PM
  Quote Post

Superloop Ltd (ASX: SLC) share price surged 6% higher on Monday after the telecommunications infrastructure company released a strong full-year result. Superloop delivered a net profit after tax of $7.1 million on revenue of $125.2 million. Revenue was up 109% on the previous year and its net profit compared to a loss of $1.2 million in FY 2017.

A key driver of its growth was its Superloop segment which includes fixed line and fixed wireless connectivity solutions for wholesale and enterprise customers. That segment saw revenue double year-on-year to $61.2 million.

Also contributing strongly was its Superloop+ segment, previously known as the Cloud & Managed Services segment. Revenue jumped 68% to $36.6 million reflecting the contribution for the full year from BigAir’s CMS business. Its shares are expensive at 76x earnings, but could still be worth a closer look if you have a high tolerance for risk.
Motley Fool

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 20 2018, 10:42 AM
  Quote Post

getting there; market liked the 'progress' report - up 7%

"We are starting to see the benefits of our investment in infrastructure and software.

The three key principles behind Superloop of fibre, wireless and Asia have never looked more compelling, relevant and timely."
Drew Kelton CEO - Superloop

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 11 2018, 11:16 AM
  Quote Post

Unexplained run from under $2 to close at 2.24 last night... after weeks of trending down. No news and only just holding on to the gains, today

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 3 2017, 12:38 PM
  Quote Post

another acquisition:
GX2 is a provider of managed connectivity services - comprehensive software platforms for managing large scale guest WiFi networks -

for major hotels, student accommodation sites and schools in 5 countries, designing, installing and supporting high performance WiFi network solutions for its customers.

Today, GX2 is able to service over 50,000 guests for over 200 customers in 350 sites around the world.
plus Big Air signing student accom suppliers (now apartments are in oversupply, money flowing to this sector + residential aged care)[

Appropriate comments from a leading ASX company
BHP Billiton's chief technology officer Diane Jurgens has warned that demand for internet bandwidth will only rise in the future, and the thorough rollout of fibre optic cable was "an investment in the long term".

Speaking in Melbourne on Wednesday, Mrs Jurgens said BHP was ready to take a "leadership" stance on technology, and was rapidly adopting telematics, digitisation and automation at its Australian operations. Those programs are rapidly increasing BHP's demand for data and bandwidth, and Mrs Jurgens said the company would rely on both its own networks and the national broadband network for that bandwidth.

"We need to have that robust network both on site and the feed to it," she said. "Once we get to site or to a major hub then yes we control our [4G] network, but certainly the national bandwidth, in everything we do, is important."..

--------------------

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING