Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

LPD, LEPIDICO LTD
nipper
post Posted: Apr 15 2019, 12:22 PM
  Quote Post

Lepidico is on the rise... from slumping to 0.015 at the start of the year is is now 0.040. Volume has returned, too

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 19 2019, 03:59 PM
  Quote Post

something has kicked life back into this Li wanna-be. After a steady fall over the past few months, it's gone from 1.6c to 3.1c in a few days.
Announced a "New LiOH process" and presenting at Roskill Li Mine-to-Market Conference has caught the eye of some
• High purity lithium hydroxide produced using a new proprietary process, LOH-MaxTM, over which Lepidico has entered into a worldwide exclusivity arrangement
• LOH-MaxTM uses conventional equipment and is expected to have lower capital and operating costs than conventional conversion of lithium sulphate to either lithium carbonate or hydroxide
• LOH-MaxTM avoids the production of sodium sulphate as a byproduct
• LOH-MaxTM has application in conversion of all hard rock and sedimentary hosted lithium mineral concentrates that employ sulphur based chemistry, including spodumene concentrates

- will it blitz the market?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 1 2018, 08:00 AM
  Quote Post

the third way?
LPD has produced battery grade lithium carbonate grading 99.8%, using its L-Max® process technology from a tailings stream sourced from the Galaxy Resource Ltd (GXY) Mt Cattlin spodumene operations.

Lepidico's Managing Director, Joe Walsh said, "this testwork programme demonstrates conventional flotation coupled with Lepidico's proprietary L-Max® process technology can be used to produce battery grade lithium carbonate from modest lithium grade tailings sourced from primary spodumene operations.

"Furthermore, this work implies that L-Max® can materially enhance the Mineral Resource potential and thereby value of mixed lithium mineral hard-rock deposits that contain lithium-micas."

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 23 2017, 08:49 AM
  Quote Post

10 GWh to 100 GWh in 10 years ... 100 GWh to 1 TWh in the next 10/15 years?

The future should not surprise us; 1 TWh is only 10 million Tesla Model S
from LPD's AGM

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 14 2017, 09:31 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 6 2017, 03:46 PM

- with the offer price at $0.01 and SP around $0.06, this is to be appreciated

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 6 2017, 03:46 PM
  Quote Post

LPD received overwhelming support from the majority of its shareholders for its Entitlement Offer both in terms of participation in the pro-rata issue and to participate in a shortfall placement.
- with the offer price at $0.01 and SP around $0.03, this is to be expected

The Company announced an Entitlement Offer of fully paid ordinary shares in the capital of the Company on the basis of one (1) New Share for every six (6) existing shares on 10 October 2017 along with a private placement to Galaxy Resources Ltd (GXY).

Valid applications for 803,800,451 new shares were received under the Offer, consisting of 372,753,487 as entitlements, representing 92% of the total eligible amount, raising approximately $3,727,535 and an additional 431,047,964 as applications for any shortfall. The Company's Underwriter, CPS Capital, also received interest in more than $10 million from new investors.

Following discussions with CPS, the shortfall of $324,561 will be placed by CPS and the excess application funds will be returned to applicants.

The proceeds of the Offer, along with those raised from the Galaxy private placement, provide a full funding solution for the Company's integrated Phase 1 L-Max® Plant Feasibility Study, as well as further advancing the Company's resource development and exploration activities.
- tough luck; shareholders offered participation in Shortfall, only to have underwriter play favourites

Lithium Australia : LIT took advantage the run-up to sell out

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 17 2017, 04:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Oct 17 2017, 01:09 PM

Thanks and yes. Has a 3 in front, 100% in a few days

--------------------

bg99
post Posted: Oct 17 2017, 01:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 13 2017, 02:38 AM

that turned out to be a star post nipper !.. hope you got some

nipper
post Posted: Oct 13 2017, 02:38 AM
  Quote Post

Lithium is usually mined from hard rock (spodumene) and brine sources, but it also exists in micas, such as lepidolite and zinnwaldite, but no process exists to commercially extract it. L-Max aims to change that.

Galaxy hopes the L-Max technology can help it extract lithium from ore considered waste at its Mt Cattlin project near Ravensthorpe, and its proposed James Bay project in Canada. Galaxy’s managing director Anthony Tse described L-Max as an exciting technology. He said the alliance with Lepidico would allow the company to evaluate processing its significant mica feedstocks.

Lepidico’s managing director Joe Walsh said the investment by Galaxy was a great endorsement of the company’s strategy and its L-Max technology.

The company also plans to raise $4 million in a one-for-six rights issue priced at 1¢ per share to fund a feasibility study to explore a processing plant that uses the technology.

Lepidico also has interests in conventional lithium projects in WA, NSW, Canada, Portugal and Brazil.

Shares in the company closed up 0.3¢, or 25 per cent, at 1.5¢ yesterday after hitting 2¢ in earlier trade, while Galaxy shares ended flat at $3.14.
and hit 2.0c intraday

I can't see the extraction of Li happening from anything else than tailings, with this L-Max technology. So, it appears to be an ancillary, a secondary, process and hence pickings may be slim. At least the feedstock should be crushed, and in one location

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 12 2017, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

Lepidico (LPD) is an interesting other pathway to lithium, via Lepidolite - complex mineralogy but the most common form of Li around.

Just done a deal with Galaxy GXY taking up 12%, and a 1:6 at 0.1c issue bringing in some cash which should allow some time to prove up the concepts. Lithium Aust LIT also on the register
Lepidolite is a lilac-gray or rose-colored member of the mica group of minerals with formula K(Li,Al,Rb)2(Al,Si)4O10(F,OH)2. It is the most abundant lithium-bearing mineral and is a secondary source of this metal.

It is associated with other lithium-bearing minerals like spodumene in pegmatite bodies. It is one of the major sources of the rare alkali metals rubidium and caesium.

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING