Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SWM, SEVEN WEST MEDIA LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 20 2019, 02:32 PM
  Quote Post

Now we have a clearer picture as to why there was a sudden change in CEO announced Friday last week

Seven West Media crashes to a $444 million loss as TV assets continue to lose value
Key points:
Seven West Media's auditors slash the value of TV and publishing assets by $574 million
KPMG said the value of TV licences continues to be challenged by changing consumer habits
Seven's shares are hovering near an historic low

read more - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-20/seve...-value/11431362
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=swm
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

mistagear
post Posted: Nov 25 2015, 05:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Nov 25 2015, 02:06 PM

Cooderman,

Only a suggestion,
If TA reflects sentiment rather than fundamentals,
an exponent should place lines on the chart at points, which best convey in a picture form, the sentiment of a stock at that time.
I suggest, a better way to show the current state of play in SWM would be,
to identify the gap down which is some news which the market reacted very strongly to
and then the subsequent reluctance by the market to sell down further than 65c.

Rather than mark the longer term trend which you have, as a possible break-out,
A horizontal resistance line around 78c where the stock found support prior to the news, then jumped down through on news. (Reconfirmed as significant because it acted as resistance to the bounce)
and possibly a second horizontal showing current support levels at 65c.
This would frame the action in a sideways range and identify a possible base forming. (quite possible)
What you could then trade, is pullbacks to the support where supporting evidence of a bounce, such as lack of sellers willing to sell down at those prices.
Then look to identify when supply comes in as price rises towards the resistance.
Current swings in SWM is running around 7% tradeable which would give you a reasonable risk reward ratio to justify entering a trade.
By doing this, if later proves the basing formation correct, you will be in a trade at near best price when sentiment changes and the stock jumps up through the resistance and heads north on a new uptrend. In meantime you profit on some reasonable swing trades while you wait for the multi-bagger.

A long convoluted post, sorry, I hope it makes sense.

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  cooderman  nipper  

cooderman
post Posted: Nov 25 2015, 02:06 PM
  Quote Post

Getting a bit fed up with watching SWM...seems to want to break out but always pulls back.. Holding 8k at .72 and it hasn't closed
above that price since buying....will give it until Friday close and most likely cut it loose.
Chart about 3pm
Attached Image

cooderman
post Posted: Nov 18 2015, 10:24 AM
  Quote Post

watching SWM for a possible break.. see where it closes today
Attached Image

arty
post Posted: Jul 31 2013, 01:54 PM
  Quote Post

Volume remains still underwhelming, although momentum has turned up again and is now approaching the Signal line.
I have also made a note of that overhead gap.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Jul 30 2013, 12:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Nick1970's post @ Jul 29 2013, 08:00 PM

Just as well we didn't rush in rolleyes.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Nick1970
post Posted: Jul 29 2013, 08:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 29 2013, 02:43 PM

I have $2.20 as the trigger Arty.

--------------------
Use a stop loss every time.

arty
post Posted: Jul 29 2013, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

SWM shows up on a scan today. Time to re-enter? Or better wait for resistance @ $2.20 to be broken?

Attached Image

current vwap $2.11

--------------------

Carsha
post Posted: Feb 6 2013, 04:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 7's post @ Feb 6 2013, 02:54 PM

Only comment from me is that I sold half my holding at $1.50 wacko.gif
Thankfully I decided to hold the rest and will continue to do so till I feel this bull rally is all out of bull...

CS

post Posted: Feb 6 2013, 02:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 7's post @ Feb 6 2013, 11:55 AM

Correction SWM will report 20th of February. It is up 16c today. Any comments?
Thank you

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING