Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

44 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TLG, TALGA RESOURCES LTD
nipper
post Posted: Nov 15 2019, 05:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 15 2019, 09:59 AM

[raised capital goes towards] funding the last stage of development prior to planned Stage 1 financing of the Vittangi Graphite Anode Project.

Use of funds includes scale up of Talnode®-C for customer qualification, progressing the Vittangi Graphite Anode Project Stage 1 DFS, advancing Talga’s north Sweden projects for battery anode products and graphene additives, and general working capital...
- I suppose given that none of these activities actually turns a dollar or contributes to earnings, a discount is the only way to pull money in the door.

Now SPP raisings are at $30,000 per share holder, I'd guess the $3mill cap will see scale backs. Dislike that!!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 15 2019, 09:59 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 10 2019, 08:43 AM

Hmm, serious enough to issue ba share placement 20% below the last traded price to those oft quoted "sophisticated investors".
At least the existing less sophisticated shareholders will get a chance to participate in a share purchase plan
Market not that happy, down over 15% when trading again.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Oct 10 2019, 08:43 AM
  Quote Post

Talga has significantly progressed the qualification of its Talnode®-C product with target customers, commenced the Stage 1 Definitive Feasibility Study for the Vittangi graphite anode project, and has been reviewing a number of potential financing options.

To this end, the Company is pleased to have signed a mandate under which Macquarie will act as financial adviser to the Company with a focus on engaging strategic partners and investors in regards to financing of the Project (Stage 1 and Stage 2).

The engagement also includes exploring the merits of an additional listing on the London Stock Exchange at the appropriate time.

- getting serious?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Oct 4 2019, 03:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 4 2019, 03:16 PM

interesting that didn't show up as Market Sensitive. TLG has put on a few cents in last couple of days since 02 Oct Ann.

- still, only a grant to compete in a beauty contest

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 4 2019, 03:16 PM
  Quote Post

Another asx listed company entering the "solid state" battery race

Talga enters solid state battery race with anode technology under Innovate UK ‘Faraday’ Project
extract
Advanced battery anode materials and graphene additives provider Talga Resources Ltd (“Talga” or “the Company”) (ASX:TLG) is pleased to announce that its UK subsidiary, Talga Technologies Limited, has gained funding under the UK Government’s ISCF Faraday Battery Challenge (“Faraday”) initiative to develop Talga’s graphitic anode for solid state batteries.

Faraday represents a £246 million UK Government funding initiative for battery research, development and scale up of facilities to help create a new supply chain for battery production in the UK and income from battery technologies.

Introduction and Opportunity

Solid state batteries are an emerging form of rechargeable battery technology with potential to combine high energy and high power with improved safety. They work by using a solid state electrolyte made of polymer, ceramic or glass material instead of the (more flammable) liquid electrolyte of today’s lithium-ion (“Li-ion”) batteries.

A range of automotive manufacturers including Toyota, Volkswagen, Hyundai and BMW have declared their goal is to incorporate solid state batteries into their vehicles by 2025.

Other companies such as Dyson and Bosch are active in this space through various investments in start-ups. A report by IDTechEx predicts the solid-state battery market to be worth in excess of $4bn by 2026.

Talga Anode Product

While solid state batteries are theoretically capable of very high performance, in practice they can suffer a range of technical and commercial issues that have hindered development, particularly for larger scale applications such as electric vehicles (“EV’s”). None of the solid state batteries reported to date exceed all of the performance and economic requirements of today’s best Li-ion batteries in EV’s.

A major bottleneck of solid state development is the anode, where the use of metallic lithium can cause a range of issues leading to slower charge/discharge characteristics, safety issues both within the battery and in mass production, and higher cost.

Talga aims to overcome these issues with a new high capacity graphitic carbon composite anode, Talnode-E, designed to have multiple advantages including faster charge and higher power, easier processability, safer handling, highly scalable industrial manufacturing and lower costs.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  Pendragon  

nipper
post Posted: Jun 5 2019, 12:27 PM
  Quote Post

“The assay results to date confirm a major discovery and extension of the Nunasvaara graphite deposit.

Following resource work we would like to consider the whole strike of graphite at Vittangi for potential to scale up to become a significant graphite province, for Sweden and Europe, and provide the basis for a long term technology mineral industry far greater in scope than the recent PFS considers.”
- the numbers - 25% graphite content from assays - appear very consistent, hence the statement

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

nipper
post Posted: May 23 2019, 09:22 AM
  Quote Post

Pre-feasibility Study for Talga’s wholly-owned Vittangi Graphite Project in north Sweden delivers outstanding project economics including:
- Pre-tax project NPV8 of US$1,056 million and strong pre-tax IRR of 55%
- Rapid post Stage 2 commissioning payback period of 1.5 years

• Economics based solely on the Ore Reserve of 1.9 million tonnes at average grade of 23.5% TGC as a portion of the current global Indicated Mineral Resource Estimate of 10.7Mt @ 25.7% Cg
• 22-year life of mine supports reliable, long-term supply of fully purified, shaped and coated liion battery graphite anode product (Talnode®-C) to emerging European battery supply chain

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 1 2019, 10:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 1 2019, 10:08 PM

quarterlies out

I looked. There's no money coming in, that's all I could find

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 1 2019, 10:08 PM
  Quote Post

Yikes, down 27% today
No announcement.
Bet they get a note from the headmaster.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Apr 9 2019, 08:06 AM
  Quote Post

Making Graphene by the Tonne
https://physicsworld.com/a/making-graphene-by-the-tonne/

- part boys own adventure, part hagiography
.... .Going back to the graphene-commercialization timeline, we’re now 15 years into the hypothetical 20-year development period. Where do you see the field heading in the next few years?

It’s maturing, but it’s easy to be disappointed by the difference between how fast you think things will happen and how fast they really go. We get weekly cold calls from companies, some with multi-billion-dollar annual revenues, that are looking for a graphene supplier or R&D provider, but the products themselves are still in development. Most companies that buy graphene are using samples to test or develop a product – there’s no really large-scale orders yet.

In the next couple of years, though, I think we’ll see a breakthrough. Some of these test programmes will finish, commercialization decisions will happen, and people will start to need graphene in volume.

Eventually, we believe that graphene additives will be a much larger industry, both in value and in tonnage, than the global battery industry is for Talga’s battery products. But the pathway to commercialization is bumpy, and I think that’s why we’re seeing a lot of graphene companies struggling in the capital markets.....

--------------------

44 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING