Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

WAF, WEST AFRICAN RESOURCES LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 8 2019, 11:41 AM
  Quote Post

Australian mining companies reassess 'deteriorating' security situation at Burkina Faso gold mine

Perth-based West African Resources said its operations had not been affected.

The company is developing the $269 million ($US185 million) Sanbrado gold mine in south-central Burkina Faso, which is close to military installations in an area considered more stable.

Sanbrado is expected to produce first gold in mid-2020 and employ close to 400 workers.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-08/aust...ection=business
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

merryfull
post Posted: Aug 20 2012, 12:47 PM
  Quote Post

waf having been moving slowly up over the last week and is up again today on announcement

N.M.Mer.
post Posted: Dec 20 2010, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Dec 20 2010, 10:49 AM

Thanks Triage. I went up and bought a copy.

--------------------
Disclaimer : Believe nothing I write .

triage
post Posted: Dec 20 2010, 10:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: N.M.Mer.'s post @ Dec 20 2010, 10:05 AM

NM

Today's Fin Review has a two page spread on west african resource companies. Fairly indepth for them - must be getting to that time of year where they resort to back-up articles to fill up their column inches - but mainly aimed at people who have not looked at west africa much. But it does suggest that west africa resource companies is going mainstream.

Can't see any specific reference to WAF but an interesting factoid is that there is now apparently about 150 Aussie resource companies are kicking rocks in west africa (up from 50 in 2003). FWIW Perseus (PRU) again gets a fair amount of the attention.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

flower
post Posted: Dec 20 2010, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: N.M.Mer.'s post @ Dec 20 2010, 10:05 AM

NM: IMO a nice find, recent IPO operating as a gold explorer in a top spot in West Africa.

Will be drilling all through 2011--well funded--and 70% held by the top 20 shareholders.

We need more quality grass roots gold explorers--on my watch list.

Initial target 52c?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

N.M.Mer.
post Posted: Dec 20 2010, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ Jul 7 2010, 11:50 AM

Barry Fitzgerald, the mining small caps guru in the Sydney Morning Herald, picked WAF in his portolio for the first half of 2011. I have looked at them a couple of times and done nothing. Maybe this will tip me over the edge and I will get some for a punt.

--------------------
Disclaimer : Believe nothing I write .

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jul 7 2010, 11:50 AM
  Quote Post

Created by Request:
WEST AFRICAN RESOURCES LIMITED (WAF)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING