Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

IPD, IMPEDIMED LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Aug 5 2019, 06:03 PM
  Quote Post

Uncle Mel's legacy still lives.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

nipper
post Posted: Jan 10 2017, 03:19 PM
  Quote Post

A major shift in strategy may often rightly be met with scepticism and concern among shareholders, but ImpediMed chief executive Richard Carreon says applying the medical device maker's technology to heart failure patients is a huge opportunity that the next 12 months should justify.

The Brisbane-based company's L-Dex device looked to be a promising and cost-effective way for hospitals to manage complications in cancer patients. The device aids in the early detection of lymphoedema, a dangerous and painful fluid build-up, especially in the limbs, which is caused by damage to lymph nodes after treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation.

But L-Dex has struggled to gain traction among US insurers, which pay for most medical care. In February, the company raised $75 million and said it was pursuing an additional disease category – its SOZO device would help heart failure patients monitor fluid build-up from the comfort of their own homes.

Wilsons analyst Shane Storey wrote in December that some investors have been "unnerved" by the sudden switch in focus towards heart failure and said the stock's underperformance during 2016 had been exacerbated by a lull in news flow. Although ImpediMed shares are up 336 per cent in the past two years, last year the stock fell 12 per cent and at 98¢ at Friday's close, it is well below an all-time high of $1.76 hit in August 2016.
AFR

- getting money out of Americans .... always tricky

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

oracle
post Posted: May 31 2011, 02:30 PM
  Quote Post

Some good volume going through the market today - may indicate the worst of it is over.
It's been along grind down.

--------------------
oracle

oracle
post Posted: Mar 31 2011, 10:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dee27's post @ Dec 5 2010, 12:54 PM

Hi dee27,

Its perhaps indicative of how snoozy this stock is that its taken me three months to see your post.
I do hold a modest parcel - like what they do and the people doing it. The biggest problem (and the reason I am reluctant at this stage to commit more funds) is that I'm not yet convinced that there will be sufficient 'needle-moving' news over the next 6-12 mths to keep the market interested.
That can change of course so I keep an eye on it. I put IPD in the quality biotech camp so definately want to own more at some stage.

Cheers

--------------------
oracle

dee27
post Posted: Dec 5 2010, 12:54 PM
  Quote Post

Anyone following this stock?

--------------------
From little things big things grow.

RADIO
post Posted: Aug 5 2008, 12:49 PM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (01/08/2008 13:00:00):
IPD - Quarterly Activities Update - Mr Greg Brown, CEO and MD

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

RADIO
post Posted: May 6 2008, 09:28 AM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (05/05/2008 15:30:00):
IPD - Company Update from US - Mr Greg Brown, CEO and MD

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.

RADIO
post Posted: Oct 30 2007, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (30/10/2007 09:30:00):
IPD - Completes US Acquisition of Xitron Technologies - Mr Greg Brown, CEO and MD

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Sep 28 2007, 04:52 PM
  Quote Post

Created by request:
IMPEDIMED LIMITED (IPD)

Thankyou
ShareScene.com

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING