Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Data Providers
nipper
post Posted: Nov 3 2016, 08:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 3 2016, 07:50 PM

malfrey, things are pretty quiet around here (that's what a ex-mining boom and otherwise sideways market throws up); hope someone helps out

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Nov 3 2016, 07:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: malfrey's post @ Nov 3 2016, 06:59 PM

hi
not a recommendation from me, only a second opinion.

try those big CFD providers, they might be able provide what you need for free as long as you are their customer.
call around and have look at them it won't cost you $$ but need bit of your time..

hope it helps buddy!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: malfrey  

malfrey
post Posted: Nov 3 2016, 06:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: malfrey's post @ Nov 2 2016, 05:29 PM

Hello,
I know I have ardley posted since 2012, will you still please talk to me? Can I be forgiven? wacko.gif

Next year should be a better year for posting and time for trading.

Can anyone please give me some answers to my post yesterday?
sadsmiley02.gif

--------------------
I do not give advice as I am not qualified to. I share my own thoughts.
Please do your own research.
Stay Alert to Change: Who moved my cheese?
Regards,
Malfrey

malfrey
post Posted: Nov 2 2016, 05:29 PM
  Quote Post

Hello,
I have been using an end of day data supplier with whom I am very happy. They are a paid service. Been using them for years. (almax.com.au using the Global Equity Manager for down loads)
I want to now move to intraday data plus end of day data for Global Indicies, ASX, FOREX and EFT.
I am using MultiCharts64, previously used TradeStaton.

Please let me know whom you would recommend as data providers.

Thank you.
Malfrey

--------------------
I do not give advice as I am not qualified to. I share my own thoughts.
Please do your own research.
Stay Alert to Change: Who moved my cheese?
Regards,
Malfrey

hooikk
post Posted: Jul 17 2008, 05:35 PM
  Quote Post

I've recently been trialling Metastock and Amibroker as I want to replace the charting package I'm currently using (IC-Investor)

Looking for a data provider to go with it since I prefer to have adjusted price data, and don't want to waste time stuffing around with splits/issues/renaming myself. My research seems to point to either Bodhigold (www.justdata.com.au) and Premium Data (http://www.premiumdata.net/)

Bodhigold seems to be the better choice, considering they cost about the same ($360 for ASX EOD), and you at least get fundamentals + derivatives prices + historical with bodhigold at no extra cost.

Are there other data providers I could look at (whether Australian based or not)? Preferably something that doesn't cost as much.

ADMIN1
post Posted: Feb 21 2006, 10:38 PM
  Quote Post

Nothing better than JustData.com.au in my opinion.

They come highly recommended by many in the industry.

Geoff

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

spartz
post Posted: Feb 20 2006, 11:21 PM
  Quote Post

Hi All,

Would like to gather people's thoughts and experiences regarding data providers for ASX end of day data.

DataHQ have a good reputation with the Hometrader crowd and Paritech seem to be very similar. Any other reputable providers out there? I want my data to be compatible with Wealth Lab and come fully adjusted (historical data also).

Spartz.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING