Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

OTT, OPEN TELECOMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
Fred Bloggs
post Posted: Apr 5 2005, 07:09 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: The Zinc Punter on Monday 04/04/05 10:33pm

Mr. Z
I agree with you, this whole activity stinks. Macquarie appear to be running the whole show and I believe treat the shareholders as mugs.
Fred.

The Zinc Punter
post Posted: Apr 4 2005, 09:33 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: The Zinc Punter on Thursday 31/03/05 03:46pm

Interesting to see that the Martin's took their shareholding to 10.5% over the last few days. That would partially explain the trading above t/o price

Looks like we might have a fight on our hands. Good luck to us poor suckers holding a few of these puppies.

Z

The Zinc Punter
post Posted: Mar 31 2005, 02:46 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: The Zinc Punter on Thursday 31/03/05 03:44pm

It definately stinks alright, I posted following email to ASX when I saw the announcemnt and am trying to work out how to file it with ASIC (I think they have formal complaints channels which can be a bit hard to navigate around)

"I would like ASX/ASIC to take a look at events surrounding the recently announced takeover offer for Opentel (OTT) by related party OT Holdings. My concerns are specifically:
- Suspicion of manipulative activity, both through inadequate information of company activities and potential selling of shares to keep the price down
- Inadequate consideration being paid to shareholders. An Independent expert report should be issued but specifically Macquarie bank deemed the company was worth $1.00 per share for a non-controlling stake 12 months ago. Now they believe $0.41 is due consideration for the entire company.
- Phoenix company concerns - Shareholders had to dig deep to pay creditors 20c in the dollar under administration, now shareholders who bailed the company out are being hit again.

Overall, evidence may support the transaction as fair and reasonable in the circumstances but if ASX and ASIC would please take more than a passing interest in this buy out it would be in the best interests of the shareholders"

The way I see it, there are three regulatory bodies who may take an interest - ASX,ASIC and the Takeover's panel. However I don't think the Takeovers panel will want to deal with this one, so I'm focusing on ASX and ASIC.

Its also worth writing to the Board - I can't see how they can ethically endorse such a bullshit offer

There is also a substantial shareholder with 8.96% who will have a say in how this deal play's out. His name is Martin (Chemco) and it would be worth while getting in touch with him to find out how he intends to act. I'm trying to locate a contact address for him

At the end of the day, I don't want to kill the deal, I just want a reasonable payment. Macbank thought it was worth $1 per share 6 months ago. That should be the baseline for any buyout.

The more of us that complain the more chance we have of action so please don't hold back in telling all and sundry your thoughts.

Good luck

Z

The Zinc Punter
post Posted: Mar 31 2005, 02:44 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sabretoothed on Thursday 31/03/05 02:48pm

Be aware that there is one holder out there with 8.92% (Martin/Chemco) I would be very interested to understand how they intend to act. I believe they are an unrelated party.

Z

sabretoothed
post Posted: Mar 31 2005, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

Agree looks dodgy to me, don't they need 90% to get it, holders should resist selling

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

warlock
post Posted: Mar 31 2005, 01:38 PM
  Quote Post

Just as an aside, bought into OTT in the dotcom days for $4.65 and sold exactly 4 wks later for $14.65 because I was getting very nervous.
I think OTT made over $19 and then shortly after came the crash
I have thanked my lucky stars that I have stayed out since.
Good luck to you all

The Zinc Punter
post Posted: Mar 31 2005, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: suti on Thursday 31/03/05 10:45am

Guys

Put in a compliant to ASIC and ASX. I already have.

Zinc

suti
post Posted: Mar 31 2005, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: muscle bunny on Thursday 31/03/05 10:19am

package it up into "Macquarie Technology Fund", sell it for an equivalent of $1/share. Bingo!!!

muscle bunny
post Posted: Mar 31 2005, 09:19 AM
  Quote Post

OK, no medals for guessing what may be going to happen here.

Why not wrap OTT up into another tantalising tinsled wrapper after delisting and offer it back again to the gullible investing public at a premium price -with a different name.

The mums and dads who buy the IPO wouldn’t know the difference - would they?

If you see the name Wayne Passlow attached, that could be the clue.

Just my hunch !

This is not to be taken as investment advice and should be taken in its context - tongue in cheek forum banter.

muscle bunny
post Posted: Mar 31 2005, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

http://afr.com/articles/2005/03/29/1111862357755.html

OT Holdings bids for Open Telecom
Mar 29 10:13
AAP

OT Holdings today offered to takeover struggling information technology company Open Telecommunications for 41¢ a share, with the intention of privatising the business.
The offer compares to Open Telecommunications' last traded share price of 33¢ a share.
OT Holdings is a special purpose vehicle incorporated specifically for the proposed takeover.
OT Holdings is wholly owned by Wireless Superannuation Fund, a company related to Wayne Passlow, the founder and chief executive of Open Telecommunications.
The takeover has already received pre-bid acceptances from Macquarie and Telinvest, another company related to Mr Passlow, representing 19.8 per cent of Open Telecommunications shares.

The offer comes as Open Telecommunications continues to improve its earnings year by year, though for 12 months to December 31, 2004, it reported a net loss of $900,000.

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING