Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

95 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CSL, CSL LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Feb 20 2021, 10:18 AM
  Quote Post

CSL’s outlook didn’t go down well with analysts at Goldman Sachs.

The broker said: “By reaffirming the FY21 earnings target of +3-8% despite delivering a +25% beat at 1H, CSL is now guiding to an earnings decline of (47)-(58)% in 2H21. Whilst management has likely applied more than its usual degree of conservatism amidst so much uncertainty, it is also clear that the company is having to take tougher decisions on customer allocations than we had expected to see at this stage.”

“It has been long-understood that the plasma collection deficit would pressure FY21-22, but to see such a sharp sequential slowdown in IG during a period which was mostly unaffected by these challenges was a negative surprise to us/consensus, particularly ahead of two reporting periods which appear tougher still (1H21 volumes +3%),” it added.

As a result, the broker has downgraded its earnings estimates for FY 2022 and FY 2023 and is now forecasting “three consecutive years of single-digit earnings growth.”

In light of this, it believes its shares are overvalued at the current level.

“At current valuation of 29.3x EV/EBITDA (vs. sector 21.6x), we no longer see sufficient upside to justify a positive stance. We downgrade to Neutral (from Buy),” it explained

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  rlane  

plastic
post Posted: Feb 19 2021, 08:12 PM
  Quote Post

CSL: Au$125bn.

MRK: US$190bn.

A buy out is definitely doable.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Feb 19 2021, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

You are clearly ignorant of the long and profitable tenure Merck has enjoyed with Au. biotech. Its not for me to explain it.

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 19 2021, 08:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Feb 19 2021, 06:36 AM

Flattery will get you nowhere.
Why not just answer one of the questions I posed.
Theres more chance of Apple taking over Merck than CSL doing so.
This sub topic would have been more appropriate in "plastics Conspiracy Theories"..
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

plastic
post Posted: Feb 19 2021, 06:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 18 2021, 04:46 PM

You are way smarter than that.

Could be a little while yet though.

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 18 2021, 04:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Feb 18 2021, 10:15 AM

Merck looks wounded by Covid. Could be a takeover target for CSL.

But why would they bother?
What are the synergies?
What part of the CSL business will it bolster?

Mick

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 18 2021, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

Merck looks wounded by Covid. Could be a takeover target for CSL.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 18 2021, 09:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 18 2021, 09:06 AM

yep .... looks like a good result

Interim dividend of US$1.04 per share, up 9% smile.gif
... Converted to Australian currency, the interim dividend is approximately A$1.34 per share down 9%. sad.gif

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 18 2021, 09:06 AM
  Quote Post

Half yearly out, makes reasonable reading under the covid circumstances.
Most important, Div's reduced a bit due to the increase in AUDvUSD, but that was always on the cards.
Market seems to like it, up another 3% post announcement.
mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 12 2021, 08:03 AM
  Quote Post

Inside CSL, where Australia's Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines are being made

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-02...turing/13140104

It is an interesting read.... & I have always had the view that CSL was not going to gain much from making the vaccine, apart from being a good .corporate citizen. (oh, and being in the prime position for future work)

--------------------

95 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING