Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

Brainstorming and Feedback for SS MOD PROJECTS, Any comments you can make?
ADMIN1
post Posted: Dec 2 2004, 08:24 PM
  Quote Post

Yes... moderators have the ability to give sin bins... however, we think an admin should make the final decision whether to or not.

More info will be given soon... cause the new mod system will help us with this.

admin1

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

drarthur
post Posted: Dec 2 2004, 08:11 PM
  Quote Post

If a poster continues to offend multitudes of time, such as 5 or so times in a week or so should we have a mechanism to give a 3 day sin bin ban or something similar?

--------------------
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

jbeatty
post Posted: Nov 26 2004, 08:11 PM
  Quote Post

Admin: a "No offense" deletion option is, IMO, a very good idea.

Sorry about the portfolio, Moosey sadsmiley02.gif

MBP will hopefully boost it next week wink.gif

--------------------
regards: jbeatty

moosey
post Posted: Nov 26 2004, 05:26 PM
  Quote Post

I've been away fishing for two days and the way things are looking (my portfolio) I may go away for another couple !!
Cheers Moosey grrr.gif

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

drarthur
post Posted: Nov 25 2004, 06:03 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ADMIN1 on Wednesday 24/11/04 11:39pm

admin, the guilt is not in the necessary delection but the concomittant increase in warn level

--------------------
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

ADMIN1
post Posted: Nov 24 2004, 11:09 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks for the feedback dr arthur.

It is interesting that you note that you felt it "would unfairly increase warn level".

The fact that we make a moderation log every time we delete a post should not make us feel guilty when deleting even innocent posts.

Thats why i think we definitely need a NO OFFENCE deletion category.

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

drarthur
post Posted: Nov 24 2004, 10:35 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ADMIN1 on Wednesday 24/11/04 04:42pm

The NO OFFENCE warn response is a good idea, just deleted a way off topic post, however there was an innocent follow on post which I started to delete but decided not to because it would unfairly increase warn level.

--------------------

ADMIN1
post Posted: Nov 24 2004, 04:12 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Wednesday 24/11/04 10:11am

Thats the exact idea moosey.... moderation templates etc are all the GO in my mind.

Basically....... You should be able to use the template, as as add some extra bits if you wish.... great idea..

Moosey...... please dont be alarmed! I moved your post regarding the mod system from the 'general mod discussion' thread, to this thread, because i wanted to keep the discussions separate.

It has made me realise that we may need a NO OFFENSE warn reason. I myself have a warning level of 4, because i need to delete my posts and move the around.

Once i work on the system some more, it will all be fixed! Your a very good boy moosey, relax biggrin.gif graduated.gif

Thanks very much for the suggestions all!

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

moosey
post Posted: Nov 24 2004, 10:11 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ADMIN1 on Wednesday 24/11/04 10:23am

When or if the PM idea is adopted, would it be too hard to place one of the new standard proformas that you sujest are being developed for each of the types of deleted posts be placed in the PM, as you already know what it refers to by the dot point in the delete proforma, do you understand what I am asking?
Cheers Moosey

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

moosey
post Posted: Nov 24 2004, 09:33 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: chiller on Wednesday 24/11/04 10:29am

I hadn't noticed my warn level had been increased Chiller!, what gives ADMIN? am I in trouble? weirdsmiley.gif
Cheers Moosey

--------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING