Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

Ironing, Which way round should the ironing board be?
Which way round should the ironing board be?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 66
Guests cannot vote 
arty
post Posted: Dec 29 2009, 02:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Kev's post @ Dec 29 2009, 01:59 PM

... if he's interested in staying married, he won't even argue that case, whether in the woods or not.
But isn't it a rather small price to pay for never having to touch an ironing board or a washing machine or stuff like that?

Secret to a happy marriage: If, in the course of an argument, it should so happen that he is right, he must apologise at once.
Result: He stays married. She is happy.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Kev
post Posted: Dec 29 2009, 01:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: forrestgump's post @ Dec 29 2009, 01:12 PM

A quote found on this site.
Perhaps there may be some enlightenment here !

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: BSA  

hungry
post Posted: Dec 29 2009, 01:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 29 2009, 01:17 PM

Arty
We both must be psychic smile.gif

arty
post Posted: Dec 29 2009, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: forrestgump's post @ Dec 29 2009, 01:12 PM

I could've told you that without a poll. laugh.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

forrestgump
post Posted: Dec 29 2009, 01:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mminion's post @ Dec 29 2009, 12:58 PM

who in the household was right ?

Well, according to the poll, I am definitely right. (ie the pointy end should be to the left).

However, apparently, I am still not right. There is some convoluted logic that goes with that but I can't understand it, let alone explain it in words. After 30 years I know when I am beat (and to just be happy with a silent moral victory).

--------------------
Peace
Fforrest

Try to be as good a person as your dog thinks you are.

mminion
post Posted: Dec 29 2009, 12:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: forrestgump's post @ Dec 23 2009, 07:41 AM

Forrest,

I think it's time you came out with it... given the results of the poll, who in the household was right ?

Cheers
Matt

--------------------
Don't stall a plane

deadone
post Posted: Dec 24 2009, 06:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Dec 23 2009, 10:59 PM

biggrin.gif why not do what i do, fold my clothes and put them under my mattress to press them, and it saves electricity

hungry
post Posted: Dec 23 2009, 10:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: BSA's post @ Dec 23 2009, 08:55 PM

Howdy BSA
As to point one - yes I know, your pure as the driven snow
As to point two - haven't the foggiest what your talikng about biggrin.gif

BSA
post Posted: Dec 23 2009, 08:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Dec 23 2009, 06:06 PM

I've got a feeling DaveMC is being naughty...but I am way to pure hypocrite.gif

Maybe we don't have a belt on yet & have to hold up the pants with one hand too. Doesn't leave much protection from nasty burns if we miss the intended target with the iron!
Is that called slippage? or heated sex?

Hey Hungry, perhaps if one is getting on in years it is just ironing out some other wrinkles tongue.gif

--------------------

DAVEMC
post Posted: Dec 23 2009, 06:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Dec 23 2009, 06:06 PM

The best sort of iron or ironing board is one of those ones that screws on the bed.

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING