Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

181 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

China the monster.
early birds
post Posted: May 13 2021, 03:52 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/chinas-agin...pply-chain.html

The trend of the old age dependency is going to rise … This is a warning not only for China, but also across the whole world, as China is the core of the supply chain,” Raymond Yeung, Greater China chief economist at ANZ, told CNBC’s “Squawk Box Asia.”

=====================

aging problem will hit most of the country!! that is sure thing, that is the reason i bought those aged care sector years before. but i did wrong timing---too early!!

early birds
post Posted: Apr 5 2021, 11:16 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.thewirechina.com/2021/04/04/boxed-in-on-china/

Balance-of-payments deficits, not the so-called China problem, are the macroeconomic source of America’s overall trade deficit.

===========================

i can't open up the whole article -----------but i can have guess what STEPHEN S. ROACH brag about!!

he is right or wrong, there is one thing for us everyday little people-------the world needs peace , keeps tit for tat innocent people will be hurt the most, not those scumbag politicians in the end. imho

nipper
post Posted: Mar 26 2021, 03:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 26 2021, 02:47 PM

he is a diplomat ... and talking about diplomacy.

Trade; a different story ....always been everyone for themselves.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Mar 26 2021, 02:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 26 2021, 12:24 PM

He also said the escalating pattern of trade punishment had generated "sympathy" for Australia and hardened attitudes towards China around the globe.

====================
sympathy???
canadian had a lot of sympathy for aussies, but they try to take a cuts for chinese coal markets as aussie been pushed out!
french had a lot of sympathy for us too, but they are in full force to take up the wine market that was for aussie wine maker worked so hard for 8---10 years..
list goes on. sympathy?? yeah right!! wink.gif

===============
The unusually blunt comments from Mr Fletcher were first reported by The Australian newspaper
--------------------------------

my guess is -----there is no way to repair this damage, so why not just keep shooting!!

as i said before when trust is lost------ it is really hard to gain it back.

give you a figure ------more than 30% of steel used for------------- from bullets for ak47---ballistic missile----fight jat....... battle ships....... aircraft carrier .....
what is % of iron ore we sell to china now??

Said 'Thanks' for this post: indeficit  

nipper
post Posted: Mar 26 2021, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

Australia's ambassador to China says Beijing's trade behaviour is 'vindictive'

Australia's ambassador in Beijing has labelled China's campaign of economic punishment against Australia "vindictive" as the diplomatic relationship between the two countries remains stuck in a rut.
Last night, officials from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade confirmed that Australian trade with China had plummeted across almost all industries, with overall figures propped up largely by Beijing's strong demand for iron ore.

In the last nine months, China's government has targeted several Australian industries — including barley, coal, timber and lobsters — as it tries to force Canberra to give ground on a wide range of disputes.

No new sanctions have been unveiled this year, although the wine industry believes tariffs on Australian wine first introduced last year will be locked in — and possibly increased — within days.

And yesterday, Australia's ambassador to China Graham Fletcher delivered a caustic assessment of China's behaviour while speaking to Australian businesses via a video link from Beijing.

I'm not sure China realises the damage that is occurring both in Australia and internationally, Mr Fletcher told the Australian China Business Council. It's been exposed as quite unreliable as a trading partner and even vindictive.
The unusually blunt comments from Mr Fletcher were first reported by The Australian newspaper.

The ambassador also warned Australian businesses which rely too heavily on the Chinese market could be left exposed to campaigns of economic coercion directed by the government.

You've just got to imagine that, unexpectedly, you may lose your China market for no good reason other than that Beijing has decided to send a message to Canberra," he said. "Now that's a very unwelcome situation, but I think frankly that's where we are at.
He also said the escalating pattern of trade punishment had generated "sympathy" for Australia and hardened attitudes towards China around the globe.

We hear a lot of sympathy and support quietly from a lot of countries you might not necessarily expect around the world who can see what's going on, and say, 'Look, we don't want to live in a world either where China is behaving like this and is able to set the agenda', he said
...https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-26/australian-ambassador-to-china-says-trade-behaviour-vindictive/100030700

.and you can bet this has been cleared with DFAT and the highest levels of Government

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Mar 17 2021, 07:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Mar 13 2021, 05:20 PM

hi triage
please tell me what do you think of this link.!!!!!!
i know the guy is biased , but he did point out some facts.......
i'm not against or for this link, but it did make me think........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UKBOJN0Eg

Said 'Thanks' for this post: boylep  

early birds
post Posted: Mar 16 2021, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

China

Continues to struggle and now is approaching its recent lows and an important support zone.
===================================

only big market still in the bear trend with HK market from TA point of view, seems a lot of fundies ditch this market all together atm!!

early birds
post Posted: Mar 14 2021, 09:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 14 2021, 08:01 AM

morning nipper
nothing wrong with your kind for your HK friends.
but freaking "andy shit" isn't something i can take lightly . [ i made huge mistake because i trusted his "analysis" more than 10, or 20 years ago. i'm still a laugh stock for my brother till today]. myself to blame as i said!!
in the end it is a "chating room" say what you like to say.

everyone has some jack shit "big head" to hate i guess!! lmaosmiley.gif

nipper
post Posted: Mar 14 2021, 08:01 AM
  Quote Post

Oh well, nothing like kicking up a storm . !!

The article was in Sth China Morning Post. I put it up because the info is interesting (though it could be construed as an 'economic trends' thing and all that infers) but because of what I saw an a duality of language. With the new realities in HK (essentially all criticism let alone dissent now crushed) there's a slight hectoring tone but also an element of obsequious kowtowing. To me at least.

and how I weep for my HK friends brought up in a more liberal tradition

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Mar 13 2021, 09:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Mar 13 2021, 05:20 PM

Also from memory Mr Xie first came to minor prominence as the side-kick to Stephen Roach, then Morgan Stanley point man in east Asia, who though based in Japan focused heavily on the potential of China. Even after Roach went back to the US as an academic he has been a great supporter and spruiker for the ambitions of the PRC. Xie went totally the other way, becoming the perennial naysayer in any discussion on China on the business channels.
========================

thanks triage !! you just dragged me to swearing again!!!![ i try hard to be a nice guy] as you point out again what this dog shit "andy fucking Xie" use to do!!
nipper didn't know that i listen to this scum bag " pro analysis " more than 10 years ago [ chinese property is way over valued] , i don't know how many fold of chinese property price went up since this idiots gave his "stupid analysis" more than 10 years ago!!?????? i have a lot to " come out" for him. i better shut up. you just got me blood boil again triage!!! weirdsmiley.gif lmaosmiley.gif

that is why i often say DYOR [ DO YOUR OWN RESERCH], MAN!! what a painful decision i made by listen to him more 10 years ago!! myself to blame in the end!! :

thanks triage , for the understand that i'm just try to point out the facts, and somehow some people just want to attack me for my race, what can i do?? it is the reality i have to face nowadays i guess!! cool.gif

181 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING