Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

262 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TLS, TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

Optus has put its mobile tower network up for sale ...
The Optus towers sale .... is expected to kick off in the first quarter of next year. RFPs have been flying around the market for banking and legal advisers and, at ... last count, there are already six potential known bidding groups, not including the likes of AustralianSuper and AwareSuper who are on the sidelines but known to be considering their options. Bidders have been told Optus plans to retain a strategic stake in the portfolio, expected to be about 30 per cent.

so now there are some likely numbers:
In direct opposition to the Optus process, Telstra has created InfraCo Towers, which will own and operate its much bigger portfolio of passive mobile towers....
The Telstra Towers unit had $306 million revenue and about a 65 per cent EBITDA margin in the 2020 financial year, Telstra said. That is about $200 million a year EBITDA. Put an infrastructure multiple on that and it is pretty easy to get to a $5 billion valuation on a 100 per cent basis.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  myshares  

early birds
post Posted: Dec 2 2020, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

TLS finally drop through first support,
next two important level 3.00, and 2.88. on charts.

early birds
post Posted: Nov 13 2020, 08:45 AM
  Quote Post

Telstra plans to split itself into three separate business units in a restructure that paves the way for the telco to spin off its infrastructure assets. It’s the biggest corporate change since the government started taking Telstra private in 1997, the company said in a statement on Thursday.

The news, which has been mooted for some time, saw the shares rise almost 6% to $3.15 before easing to end the day up 3% at $3.08.

Telstra is the type of stock that should benefit if there is a true rotation out of techs and similar COVID-friendly stocks, back into value companies.

Under the proposed restructure, announced on Thursday at the company’s annual investor day, Telstra’s infrastructure business (called InfraCo at the moment) will be divided into two separate units – InfraCo Fixed, which will own and run Telstra’s fixed-line assets, and InfraCo Towers, which will own the mobile infrastructure.

A third unit, ServeCo, will own the active parts of Telstra’s mobile phone business, including the radio access network and spectrum assets.

The last big revamp from Telstra was back in 2018 when it revealed its ambitious T22 plan (to be completed by 2022).

That saw Telstra cut over 6,000 jobs (which gave profit margins a boost) and give its mobile and fixed plans a complete makeover.

InfraCo was established as part of the T22 strategy to provide investors a clearer idea of the value locked in Telstra’s infrastructure assets (tower, exchanges, pipes and ducts) and also give the company an opportunity to buy the National Broadband Network.

Telstra CEO Andrew Penn said on Thursday that InfraCo was now ready to take the next significant step as a business.

“With Telstra InfraCo now a fully operational stand-alone business unit and the NBN roll-out effectively complete, now is the time to take the next step in realising our T22 ambitions, including monetisation of our infrastructure assets where appropriate,” he said in a statement ahead of the investor day function.

“The proposed restructure is one of the most significant in Telstra’s history and the largest corporate change since privatisation. It will unlock value in the company, improve the returns from the company’s assets, and create further optionality for the future.”

The restructure is to be done by December next year. The three business units will operate under the parent Telstra Group.

You can bet that once this is done. Telstra will be under rising pressure to spin those off to shareholders (like Wesfarmers spun off Coles) or sell them to deep-pocketed investors, such as super funds looking for infrastructure/annuity-style plays (remind anyone of Macquarie where they have had extensive experience with communications – TV – towers?).

Mr. Penn said the company was “ very conscious of the many stakeholders, including shareholders, who will have an interest in these changes and that is why we have announced our intentions today, well ahead of implementation, so we can undertake a comprehensive consultation program to explain the many benefits this structure delivers.

“We will work very closely with our partners, our people, and other stakeholders throughout this process, and will provide an update on progress at our half-year results in February 2021.”
==================

from our own sharecafe!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

early birds
post Posted: Nov 12 2020, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 12 2020, 08:41 AM

pre--open at 3.16, only 2 minutes to go.
a lot of shorts run for cover,
expecting a fire works for good old TLS today!!!!!! that is something rare!!! lmaosmiley.gif

early birds
post Posted: Nov 12 2020, 08:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 12 2020, 07:51 AM

https://www.afr.com/technology/telstra-spli...20201111-p56dqh

This translated to expected net productivity gains of $2.5 billion by the 2022 financial year, with $1.8 billion delivered between 2016 and 2020. It said it expects $400 million in savings next year, which would come, in part, from staff reductions, enabled by a shift of customers to digital sales and service channels.

Mr Penn said Telstra held an important lead in rolling out 5G networks, which meant it would be well positioned to capitalise on a new multi-year cycle of growth as consumers upgraded.

“We already have more than 400,000 5G devices on our network and we expect that to reach around 750,000 by the end of the calendar year," he said.

"The impact of the NBN on our fixed business remains as expected and will be largely complete by FY22."

====================

yeah nipperyou might be right !! hold them for little longer for this news. not much of interests to pay for CFD's a lot better than buying a apartment for investing [leveraged].

nipper
post Posted: Nov 12 2020, 07:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 11 2020, 02:23 PM

Interest probably encouraged by the restructure
Telstra said that the proposed restructure will enable it to take advantage of potential monetisation opportunities for its infrastructure assets. The restructure is expected to be complete by December 2021. The business will be split into InfraCo Fixed, InfraCo Towers and ServeCo.

The proposed restructure is one of the most significant in Telstra history and the largest corporate change since privatisation. It will unlock value in the company, improve the returns from the company's assets and create further optionality for the future, said CEO Andy Penn.

The challenges and disruptions of the last 6 to 12 months have reinforced the increasing value of infrastructure assets globally; the importance of the digital economy, not only to business but to the whole of Australia and its economic recovery; and the dependence of the digital economy on telecommunications as its platform.

Our proposed new corporate structure reflects this new world and will help us support the foundation for it; one that is in the interests of our shareholders, our employees, our customers, and ultimately one that benefits the country overall.

might be worth holding!!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  kahuna1  

early birds
post Posted: Nov 11 2020, 02:23 PM
  Quote Post

touched 3 bucks just minutes ago.
talk about defensive, how can one past TLS ---the oldest dog on asx. cool.gif

on my fib watch------ 3.08--3.10--------then 3.18ish. looking up there to take some profit. it's just me!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

early birds
post Posted: Oct 27 2020, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

Telstra has slumped to its lowest level since July 2018 as blue chips are dragged lowering in a gathering sell-off in Australian stocks.

Telstra shares fell to $2.70 a share after the telco announced earlier on Tuesday that Michael Ebeid will depart as head of its enterprise business

Telstra shares had traded as high as $4 in August last year.

Chairman John Mullen told shareholders at the annual general meeting earlier this month there was no silver bullet for the company's earnings challenges.

He added Telstra was committed to temporarily exceed its capital management framework to maintain its 16˘ a share dividend.

======================

i made mistake on it's share price, bought few more today with CFD's, it's knida ridiculous given it's yield and stable biz in current market condition......sigh!!!!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  

early birds
post Posted: Oct 16 2020, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Oct 15 2020, 10:42 AM

about Iphone12

==============
Six questions to ask before you buy the new iPhone 12

https://www.afr.com/technology/six-question...20201016-p565n8

========================

if one of you try please your young kids to buy one , then look at this link for the second or third ....opinion !!! tongue.gif

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 15 2020, 10:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 15 2020, 08:25 AM

Yo EB, maybe the punters are wating for the Milimetre wave %G technology.
It is available on the newly released Apple Iphone 12 in the USA, but the telcos here in OZ are waiting on the MM wave spectrum auctions due some time next year.
ZDNET 5G Auction
Not sure why we have to wait till then, I guess it highlights the inability of govt burecrats to multitask.
Min, I am not sure if the 12 will be such a big hit.
It does however, have a new exciting ceramic coated glass screen, which apple says will greatly reduce the number of cracked screens.
Yea, sure.
The new Iphone 12 is almost identical to the Iphone 5, but now comes without a charger or earphones, and the base model will set you back 1200.
The Iphone 12 Max pro will set you back almost $1,900.
I guess the FOMO milllenials will snap em up.
Like you, I am in telstra for the long haul.
I bet the vast majority of OZ folks have no idea just how revolutionary 5GMW might be.
The only thing that will screw it is the vested interests protecting their patch.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

262 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING