Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

ASX 300 Best Companies
aroon
post Posted: Jan 10 2008, 09:24 AM
  Quote Post

SB..Re property trusts..after seing what has happened to them this last few weeks... lucky or what that they wernt considered
aroon

aroon
post Posted: Dec 21 2007, 07:49 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: swuzzlebubble on Thursday 20/12/07 11:47pm

Hi SB.. Property trusts... I think it was at a SPA trading course they suggested leaving them out but may be Mallah can confirm. One can always create a second profile list to include property trusts plus franked dividend stocks. it is just the way I have always done it and as it happens it has worked out well.

Currently the market is extremely difficult to find buy signals that dont reverse in a few days. But the benefit is that a lot of Blue Chips are correcting, bargans are to be had. (reversal & breakout signals)
secondly it is a test of trade plans if you read the posts some are holding dropping stocks they are hooked on loss, fear of capitalising loss, rather than thinking.. that money would be better off in a rising stock..stuck... a fear based emotion
A trade plan must clearly says when/why you buy when you sell..no emotion just action it is the only way..this market will clear out all the emotional traders ...that is what I have found
aroon

swuzzlebubble
post Posted: Dec 20 2007, 11:47 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: aroon on Thursday 20/12/07 04:25pm

Hi - Interested to know why you cull property trusts?
I have read about listed property outperforming the rest of the market over various time frames.

relative performance of the Property Index against total shareholder returns

aroon
post Posted: Dec 20 2007, 03:25 PM
  Quote Post

WOW and i dont mean Woolworths!! there is interest..great. If we are all basically looking at the same stock list (profile) and we all have different systems scannig this list we are going to go well....
Mallah ...i used to run SPA & Market Master so I know the system. Do they still use a top down approach? they use a siroc indicator.
To start off I created a profile with the top 200 or 300 stocks then I went through the list and removed all 1. thinly traded stocks, 2 volitile ie high ATR stocks 3 Property trusts.. then 4. the list can be culled of stock with a sp of $25 or above (unless you have a lot of$s) you will be left with about 180 stocks.
This can be just one of many profiles call it Blue Chips (BC) or what you like.
After dowloading eod data that night I run my scan on BC using the indicators* built into Omni Trader and up come a number of buy candidates. For me the signal is just the start of a decision process before I buy. here I guess each of us have different experience and abilities to check out whether to buy, but the fact that I am only using BC stocks mean the fundermentals should be okay
*Indicators... in this sideways, non trending market I am finding MA based sigs dont perform well I have changed to Reversal/breakout indicators
Time Frames, buy selection creteria etc posts plse
Might stop there
Cheers
aroon
PS You should consult a qualified investment advisor before making any investment decisions. I confirm that I am not a licenced investment broker/advisor nor am I giving any advice.

Mallah
post Posted: Dec 20 2007, 10:40 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: aroon on Thursday 20/12/07 08:11am

G'day aroon I am also fairly new to this site having moved over from Comsuc. I have been trading for about 12 yrs. and most of my stocks are in the ASX 300. In recent times I have done well on stocks such as IDL RIV MGX etc. I find that I do better with these stocks than with the little shooters but sometimes I can't help myself. (got to admit I'm having fun with CNM lately).
I use Market Master and am happy but I'm always willing to listen and learn.
My average hold time is usually a few days to a few months.
Good luck with your thread

--------------------
» Never, never, never give up. Winston Churchill

mminion
post Posted: Dec 20 2007, 10:23 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: wolverine on Thursday 20/12/07 08:13am

I'd echo Wolverine's comment, the best way to generate interest (i.e. get a discussion/debate/exchange of ideas) is to start posting on those stocks.

A topic exists for every ASX listed company. If you post a question and/or make a comment, 9-10 times you will get a reply.

Cheers
Matt

--------------------
Don't stall a plane

focus
post Posted: Dec 20 2007, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: donnaleighh on Thursday 20/12/07 11:11am

Thanks donna, I haven't moved any of my current portfolio to trade bluechips - awaiting for them to move higher to recoup some of their losses at the moment, but as soon as each gets into the black I will be dumping them and start building the cash to look at trading bluechips.

I dont know how to start a new thread so if someone could advise or if interested start a thread called "Trading Bluechips"

focus

--------------------
Old Lighthouse Mechanics - Keep the Lights Burning from Dusk till Dawn

donnaleighh
post Posted: Dec 20 2007, 10:11 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: focus on Thursday 20/12/07 10:03am

Seems like there is a good bit of interest here - and I'm certainly interested to see this kind of thread - I have consciously started to move my small-mid cap gains into trading blue chips - would love to share and learn from others. Cheers, Donna

focus
post Posted: Dec 20 2007, 10:03 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Danville on Thursday 20/12/07 10:54am

Yes, I have been actively trading small cap to penny dreadfuls for a number of years and made a decision a couple of months ago to trade what I call blue chip (like you quoted BHP, RIO, WOW, NAB, CSL, etc).

Following the charts I see that on the dips they usually bounce back within the week and track higher. I see a good opportunity to pick up 2 to 5 % on each outlay with less sleepless nights.

Would be nice to hear from others who trade not invest in blue chips.

Perhaps a thread called "Trading Bluechips" might be a good start, any opinion.

focus

--------------------
Old Lighthouse Mechanics - Keep the Lights Burning from Dusk till Dawn

Danville
post Posted: Dec 20 2007, 09:54 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: aroon on Thursday 20/12/07 06:11am

Hi Aroon.

Yes, there are quite a few of here who trade the big guys. The ones I follow every day are BHP, RIO, PDN, MRE, FMG, ZFX, WPL, STO, ROC, WOW, CBA, NAB, SGB, JHX, and BLD. My time frame is hours or days, but I do follow them closely. It would be great to get some chat going on them.

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING