Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ORG, ORIGIN ENERGY LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Apr 17 2018, 12:33 PM
  Quote Post

The Northern Territory government has lifted a ban on hydraulic fracturing (fracking) of onshore gas that will open up more than half of the territory’s land mass to the controversial practice.

The first exploration fracking by petroleum companies is expected to occur early next year after the implementation of a regulatory regime and new laws, which the government insists will be strict.

Gas explorers such as Origin Energy, which is itching to resume drilling on high-potential areas for gas such as the Beetaloo and McArthur Basins warmly welcomed the "sensible and fact-based decision".

Origin's head of integrated gas Mark Schubert said the company it would resume exploration work in the Beetaloo "as soon as practical", adopting the recommendations of the inquiry and gaining the required approval...

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: lgrif  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 3 2018, 02:57 PM
  Quote Post

from today's The Age

Morgan Stanley raised its share price target for Origin Energy to $10.88 from $8.88 and maintains its "overweight" recommendation.

The broker outlines five factors favouring the stock in 2018, including benefiting from a planned spending reduction at the $25 billion Australia Pacific LNG project in Queensland. Beyond that, Origin has a profile of improving margin within its gas business in a tight domestic market for gas; benefits from rising retail energy prices; and stands to gain from the falling cost of renewables. Finally, its market multiple is still being positively re-rated to 14.8 times earnings over the last half from a low of 12.4 times. Morgan Stanley's price target implies a 2018-19 price-earnings multiple of of 17.2.

Origin shares traded at $9.55, up 1.2 per cent on Wednesday.

Currently SP @ $9.575/share
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 10 2017, 11:41 PM
  Quote Post

Origin Energy takes another $1.2bn hit over LNG investment
By business reporter Stephen Letts
Posted 51 minutes ago
extract

Key points:

Origin 2017 FY loss likely to be $2.5bn after another big write down announced
Falling oil prices are likely to contribute to almost $3.8bn in losses over the past three years
Origin share price has halved since 2014, in line with the decline of the oil price

Origin Energy is on track to post another heavy full-year loss, in the order of $2.5 billion, after taking the knife again to the value of its assets.

Ahead of next week's full-year profit release, Origin announced a further $1.2 billion of impairment charges against its stake in the Australia Pacific LNG (APLNG) project and the value of a collection traditional oil and gas assets that have been bundled together to be spun-off as Lattice Energy.

The new write-downs follow the $1.9 billion worth of impairments announced at Origin's half-yearly results in February.

The consensus forecast from analysts covering Origin is it will churn out underlying full-year earnings of around $520 million.

Factoring in the write-downs, Origin is likely to report a full-year loss of around $2.5 billion, taking the cumulative loss since 2015 to around $3.8 billion.

It will also be around $9.5 billion below Origin's record full-year profit in 2009 which was inflated by the sale of a large stake in the APLNG project to the energy giant Conoco Phillips.

The write-down is part of a regular biannual review of the value of assets ahead of results.

Recent results have been brutalised by declining oil prices which have more than halved since mid-2014. Origin's share price has also halved to around $7 per share over the same period.

more details... http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-10/orig...estment/8794686

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 26 2017, 07:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 20 2017, 08:21 PM

Fracking well site sits dormant as Origin waits on Northern Territory independent inquiry
NT Country Hour
By Daniel Fitzgerald
Posted about 5 hours ago

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-07-2...rium-nt/8741012

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 09:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 20 2017, 08:21 PM

Just a bit of trivia .. the only earthquake ever registered by fracc'ing in Australia was one of 2.3 on the open ended Richter scale (logarithmic) and that was set off by Geodynamics GDY trying to crack open the hot rocks under SA, a few years ago. .. when trying to establish a viable geothermal energy (clean 'n' green) source

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 08:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 20 2017, 02:19 PM

Fracking inquiry: Origin Energy, anti-fracking pastoralist both describe NT report as 'balanced'
NT Country Hour
By Daniel Fitzgerald, Katrina Beavan
Posted about 10 hours ago

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-07-2...oral-nt/8726226

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 02:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 20 2017, 02:19 PM

any 3rd parties would be ORG shopping the risk to an end user, as per Gladstone.
And if they piped North (a possibility) .... to a LNG plant and then export?

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 20 2017, 12:46 PM

Yes, the ban is for 12 months I believe. Suggestion is it could also be piped north. Maybe just a "pipedream" lmaosmiley.gif I guess time will tell.

Article below also mentions possible interest from 3rd parties in the project.

If the moratorium is relaxed in 2018, drilling could resume in 2019, Dr Close said

Despite its reputation as remote, the Beetaloo Basin lies close to the Stuart Highway and just north of Tennant Creek, where an $800 million pipeline is being built to take NT gas to the east coast. Beetaloo gas could also be piped up to Darwin for LNG.

"The market will take care of that, where the demand is, whether that's east or north," Dr Close said

Read more: http://www.afr.com/business/energy/gas/ori...h#ixzz4nLH6ETfK

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 20 2017, 12:29 PM

fracking ban, no NT to E Coast pipeline, 5-10 years away anyhow = stranded ?

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 12:29 PM
  Quote Post

Origin sitting on Beetaloo shale gas bonanza
The Australian12:00AM July 20, 2017
extract..........

The major near-term hurdle facing Beetaloo, which is in the Beetaloo sub-basin of the MacArthur Basin, is the fracking ban.

Last week, the Labor-commissioned Scientific Inquiry into Hydraulic Fracturing in the NT handed down an interim report that indicated it could recommend significant regulatory and legislative framework changes before fracking would be allowed.

It also said there was a high likelihood Beetaloo would be productive. Mr Calabria said he was impressed by the interim report.

“I think it was an appropriate interim report,” he said. “The process looks to be a robust one.”

Asked if Beetaloo would benefit the Territory, Mr Calabria said: “It’s early stages, but it has the potential of being a material gas resource and that would bring economic activity and productivity for the Territory, so it has the potential to make a good economic impact.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/m...a6c5a8c23832285
Attached Image

--------------------

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING