Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

728 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BTA, BIOTA HOLDINGS LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Oct 26 2012, 10:59 AM
  Quote Post

The merger is drawing closer - November 6th is the deadline.
It seems the Australian holders are voting with their feet. After all, who'd want to bother with Overseas holdings?

Glad I exited when the price was still half-decent.

The thing that I find puzzling and which drew my attention back to Biota today: Why would Nabi do a 1-for-6 consolidation if they merge into a new company? Smells fishy - more like a takeover ...
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

jumper
post Posted: Oct 11 2012, 08:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Oct 11 2012, 10:51 AM

Thanks for the quick response.

I think the reason management are finally buying some shares instead of just waiting for their free ones is to fake a solidarity with shareholders, and because they have to keep the share price up enough so Nabi won't pull out of the merger.

Ironically I believe the only ones making profit at our low share prices is Biota employees . This means management gives employees(and themselves) free shares, and now management have to buy them back from the employees. (only until after the merger.) It sounds idiotic, but fits the style of Biota( unfortunately for shareholders).

Employees including management don't give a toss about the share price , the Biota Employees Option Plan just has to give themselves more shares and keep pumping out the good news so new shareholders can be fooled into thinking there will be some reward if they buy some of Biota's ridiculously low price shares.

I doubt there are any long term Biota shareholders still buying. Anyone who is not a Biota shareholder is laughing.

--------------------
B.A.T.S. - Biota Army of Ticked-off Shareholders This is just the opinion of an angry Biota shareholder

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

macduffy
post Posted: Oct 11 2012, 10:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Oct 11 2012, 10:43 AM

Well, it seems that the directors have some faith in their company. The last four disclosures have been of directors buying shares on-market.

Disc: I don't hold BTA.

arty
post Posted: Oct 11 2012, 10:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jumper's post @ Oct 11 2012, 10:01 AM

Possible? Certainly.
Provable? Hardly: only directors must disclose when they buy or sell.

But I have long ago formed an unfavourable opinion of the goings-on with this company;
I took my medicine in May and subsequently placed BTA on my black list.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

jumper
post Posted: Oct 11 2012, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

I'm wondering if anyone here still has an opinion about Biota.

I believe the reason Biota shares don't go up is because the Biota Employee Option Plan gives Biota employees free shares every year and whenever it looks like the share price might go up with good news(or even no news) the employees sell their shares and pocket the profit while mugs like us buy the shares expecting the share price will go up, which never happens, just more shares on the market, more money for Biota employees, and Biota shareholders are mugs thinking the share price can go up.

Is that even possible? Is it common? If so why the hell did I buy this (tempting) junk for?

--------------------
B.A.T.S. - Biota Army of Ticked-off Shareholders This is just the opinion of an angry Biota shareholder

plastic
post Posted: Jul 18 2012, 05:31 PM
  Quote Post

The only thing they can do is can it. But was it ever really on the cards? Plan B just got a whole lot closer today.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

arty
post Posted: Jul 18 2012, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like Australian holders voted with their feet.
I know I did thumbdown.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Jul 18 2012, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

Hi All,
I don't hold, but have been watching from the side lines.
I hope the Merger doesn't turn out to be an expensive backdoor listing (assuming it proceeds).

Dr_Dazmo

<H2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 120%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; MARGIN: 15px 0px 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #bbb 1px solid">Nabi Biopharmaceuticals to Buy Back $23 Million of Stock in Self-Tender Offer</H2>Nabi Biopharmaceuticals (NABI) intends to repurchase up to $23 million of stock through a modified Dutch auction self-tender offer.

A modified "Dutch auction" tender offer allows shareholders to indicate how many shares and at what price they wish to tender their stock.

The developer of nicotine addiction treatments said it will pay between $1.58 and $1.72 a share in the self-tender offer scheduled to expire at midnight July 30.

Shares closed Friday at $1.58 and were inactive premarket. The stock is down 71% over the last 12 months.

Nabi had 42.9 million shares outstanding as of April 30.

In April, influenza drug developer Biota Holdings Ltd. (BTA.AU) agreed to merge with Nabi in an effort to gain access to the U.S. capital markets. The merged entity would be known as Biota Pharmaceuticals, with existing Biota shareholders holding about 74% of the company and Nabi shareholders having the remainder.

Nabi reported in May it swung to a first-quarter loss as revenue dropped sharply.

--------------------
Always remember the Golden Rule - Those with the Gold make the Rules!

farmer fred
post Posted: Apr 23 2012, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Apr 23 2012, 12:26 PM

Not too pretty at all. You'd think most shareholders would wait until all details are out. They may trade through CDI's for a while allowing shareholders to get the benefit of the Nasdaq listing. After all this is supposed to be for the good of the shareholders who wont vote for it unless it is for their benefit.
Still I suppose the institutions will still be able to trade them on the Nasdaq. Hopefully it will bring out some other predator and we get a decent recompense for our shares.

Plastic, Gsk still sell Relenza for BTA.

veeone
post Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: farmer fred's post @ Apr 23 2012, 10:52 AM

Not to sure how this will affect the shareprice

Sofar not liked at all. May settle down after a few days.
Just depends how difficult it will be to offload your new shares in the future.Thats what all the smaller investors will be thinking about.V1

728 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING