Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

129 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NST, NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES LTD
nipper
post Posted: Jan 25 2018, 04:24 PM
  Quote Post

Northern Star Resources opens up on Echo plans as production stays on track

Gold miner Northern Star (NST) this morning said it had produced 128,819 ounces in the December quarter at an all-in sustaining cost of $1,043 per oz, keeping the company on track to meet its full-year production guidance. The debt-free company's cash position fell slightly over the quarter to $433.1m, down from $443m at the end of September, after it paid a $35m tax bill and $4m to acquire the Western Tanami project.

Northern Star Resources has spoken publicly for the first time about its intentions for Echo Resources, after its recent move to amass a 19.2 per cent stake in the company. Northern Star took a 16.4 per cent stake in Echo late last year and lifted that to 19.2 per cent earlier this month, giving it a significant position in the emerging play. Echo owns the mothballed Bronzewing processing plant northeast of Leinster in WA.

Speaking on an investor call this morning, Northern Star executive chairman Bill Beament said the investment in Echo reflected the company's belief in the gold exploration potential of Western Australia. "We've long stated our strong belief in the exploration upside at and around our assets. We've also made no secret of our belief that there is a lot more gold to be found in Western Australia in general," Mr Beament said.

"Echo's management are doing a good job of presenting a business case to potentially recommission the large capacity mill at Bronzewing, which we believe will need a number of ore sources to be successful. "The combination of all these factors means it's just common sense to position the business to have a seat at the table. That's pretty well where we are at this stage, there's nothing else to report on that front."
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/c...16c58c437007afc

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 12 2017, 10:18 AM
  Quote Post

Big gold miners’ shares at full value: analyst
Stuart McKinnon
Tuesday, 12 December 2017 10:38AM

Investment bank RBC Capital Markets believes the big three Australian gold miners are fully valued with equity prices outperforming the precious metal this year.

Mining analyst Paul Hissey said RBC considered Newcrest Mining, Evolution Mining and Northern Star Resources fairly valued after solid runs from each stock in 2017.

Mr Hissey said stock-specific news flow had helped drive out-performance, using Northern Star’s recent reserves and mine-life update as an example.

“Second, the precious metals sub-sector of the ASX100 has increased in weighting (now above 1.5 per cent for the first time since 2012), deriving additional generalist investor interest,” he said.

“Last, investors may be taking a commodity view on a rising gold price (although this is not in line with our $US1300 gold price forecast).”

RBC said it maintained a preference for Northern Star in a relative sense because of its favourable growth outlook and ongoing organic development options.
However, the bank also noted its share price had risen 58 per cent in the past year while the gold price had risen only 7 per cent.

RBC downgraded the stock to “sector perform”, saying Northern Star’s share price had recently overshot the bank’s price target of $5.50.

Gold was trading at $US1249.81/oz ($1661.27/oz) late yesterday.

https://thewest.com.au/business/mining/big-...t-ng-b88687661z

NST recently became a substantial - 16.2% -s/holder in EAR

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 11 2017, 07:45 PM
  Quote Post

Gets a couple of mentions here - Five 'Undiscovered Gems' from Diggers

Hedley Widdup, Lion Selection: Northern Star (ASX:NST)

Northern Star's management have convincingly answered the question the world had about their larger assets - how much longer will they go on? Very impressive extension to Reserves and also sight of future conversions and extensions, they have obviously invested substantially in a geological understanding which is only just starting to pay dividends.

Steve Thomas, Katana: Northern Star (ASX:NST) and Saracen Minerals (ASX:SAR)

Northern Star's exploration budget of $150million over the last few years has been more than rewarded with a leap in reserves to 3.5 million ounces of gold (up from 2.3Moz). This firmly addresses any concerns about longevity to the current bumper 500-600koz production rate - taking mine lives out towards 10 years. The commitment to exploration has been rewarded with a substantial high grade gold discovery at Zodiac just below the current Jundee workings. The discovery hole at Zodiac has a spectacular 200m (down hole depth) of mineralisation; which should convert to another meaningful addition to reserves in due course.

Following up closely is the success that Saracen Minerals (ASX:SAR) has had with the drill bit at their Carosue Dam operations not to far from Kalgoorlie. The deeper drilling below the Karari underground mine has had some terrific results and underpinned a leap in reserves to 2.1Moz for the group (up 40%). With a 2Moz resource between the Karari and Whirling Dervish deposits and an increase in endowment at depth (up to a eye catching 3,000 ounces per vertical metre) looks like underground mining will be continuing for a long time into the future.

https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/the-g...il-from-diggers
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 02:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 13 2017, 10:22 AM

Still the best Gold stock , nearly always a good buy on any pullbacks.

Attached Image

nipper
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

Northern Star Resources NSR reported annual gold production at the top end of guidance, as strong performances at its Jundee and Kalgoorlie operations offset weakness at its Paulsens mine in Western Australia.

Northern Star said it had dug up a record amount of gold in the three months through June, bringing annual production to 514,735 troy ounces. That was at the top end of a prior target for annual production of 485,000 and 515,000 ounces of gold.

The company forecast another record year with production targeted at between 525,000 and 575,000 ounces of gold in the 12 months through June 2018.

It expects to start mining gold-bearing ore from the Millennium underground mine before the end of September, building up to an annualised rate of 50,000 ounces per year over time.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

cooderman
post Posted: Dec 12 2016, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

Still waiting for an entry...With US rate call on Wednesday night Gold will most likely fall some more in next couple of days.

low 320s looking possible for NST . I will wait for Gold to find support and bounce before entering a NST trade.

Chart at about 10.35 am

Attached Image

cooderman
post Posted: Dec 2 2016, 09:18 AM
  Quote Post

NST is the one to watch for an entry....May be support around mid 320s and worth a risk on any bounce in Gold. GOR also

Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

arty
post Posted: Jul 21 2016, 01:09 PM
  Quote Post

Materials, especially the Goldies sub-sector, are currently on the nose.
I have taken profit over the last few days and am now down to a small remnant of KDR, free carried and then some.
On several charts, I have observed a number of low-lying open gaps. It's around those levels that I'll be looking for support when the Market is trading close. Otherwise, I'm happy with cash in bank.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

denpal
post Posted: Jul 1 2016, 04:47 PM
  Quote Post

Here's the daily 1 year chart.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

denpal
post Posted: Jul 1 2016, 03:18 PM
  Quote Post

Now $5.20, if things hold up in the POG looks like we could be building towards another strong run.

129 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING