Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

WDC, WESTFIELD GROUP
rick001
post Posted: Jan 8 2018, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blob2004's post @ Jan 8 2018, 10:00 AM

Hi Blob..WFD should keep you informed of any developments. You can follow company announcements at asx.com.au cheers Rick

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blob2004  

blob2004
post Posted: Jan 8 2018, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Hi guys, I am new to stocks and bought Westfield before the acquisition.

The news said that the new company is aiming to buy our shares at $10.05, and I’m wondering how does that work?

Would they send us some information later to complete the exchange? Or do I have to do something.

Thank you in advance for your help!

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 15 2017, 08:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 14 2017, 10:59 AM

9.2 mil SCG shares traded after the market close, worth $39.9 mil - total volume 22.8 mil. SP finished $4.29
4:10:17 pm 4:10:17 pm 429 9,298,610 0.5 $39,891,036 275

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 14 2017, 10:59 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 13 2017, 12:45 PM

Rather large notable short alert recorded yesterday - Wed 13th Dec, 2017 32,459,073 2,078,089,686 1.56% 101,848,834 31.87%
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=WFD

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 13 2017, 12:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 12 2017, 07:24 PM

SCG is not part of the deal
but SP spiked, along with others in the AREIT market

"Winston Sammut of Folkestone Maxim Asset Management said the Westfield deal is expected to reweight the Australian property sector and companies such as Dexus and Goodman that already have a decent weighting in the index would all be expected to benefit.

"Index funds will be required to buy increased exposure to the rest of the sector so from that perspective it will be positive for the sector," he said.

"Some of the pure funds in Australia can't own offshore stocks.

We saw the sector light up yesterday. I don't think that it is about prospective bidders taking out these other companies. I think it was more about increased appetite for their stock."

As news of the takeover hit the market on Tuesday, Scentre, which owns and operates local Westfield malls, rose 17¢, or 4.1 per cent, to $4.35 while its rival Vicinity Centres picked up 2.5 per cent, or 7¢, to close at $2.87.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/real-estate/westfield-u...c#ixzz516ZDb1DL

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 12 2017, 07:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 12 2017, 02:00 PM

Looks like SCG is not part of the deal
Before 2004, the Lowys controlled three listed vehicles: the management and development flagship, Westfield Holdings, and two passive trusts. At that time, the Lowy money was in the one with the most upside, Westfield Holdings.

Then in the last fine-tuning in 2013 the Lowys' $1.76 billion stake in Westfield Group was turned into a 3.95 per cent stake in the new Australasian-focused Scentre Group and an 8.2 per cent stake in Westfield Corporation. The latter is the subject of the Unibail-Rodamco deal, which Lowy has recommended and will be voted upon by Westfield unitholders early next year.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/real-estate/commercial/...x#ixzz512MZIykm

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 12 2017, 02:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 12 2017, 01:33 PM

WFD is in a TH but SCG is still trading and up 3.59%

ABOUT US
Scentre Group owns and operates the pre-eminent shopping centre portfolio in Australia and New Zealand with retail real estate assets under management valued at $47.4 billion and shopping centre ownership interests valued at $33.6 billion. This comprises 39 Westfield shopping centres which have strong franchise value and the ability to attract the world’s leading retail brands.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 12 2017, 01:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 12 2017, 09:57 AM

Looks like a takover bid - $20b cash and scrip bid expected at Westfield

the smart money is on a revived bid from European giant Unibail-Rodamco valuing the ASX-listed Westfield at more than $20 billion.

The bid is expected to be cash and scrip in nature, and come following a strong run in both companies' share prices

It's also expected to be at about a 10 per cent premium to Westfield's last close

Read more: http://www.afr.com/street-talk#ixzz510vuYCDA

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 12 2017, 10:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 12 2017, 10:05 AM

That's why I take the liberty of starting new threads myself - can't wait forever for them to be established.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 12 2017, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 12 2017, 10:04 AM

Me too. Somehow accuracy is not important.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING