Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

MAQ, MACQUARIE TELECOM GROUP LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Aug 30 2019, 10:31 AM
  Quote Post

Data Centres

“The increase in power prices has really focused the minds of CFOs on just how inefficient that [internal] computer room is. It’s a bit like having your computer room heating on all year round. You didn’t really think about it until power prices rose."

David Tudehope, CEO, Macquarie Telecom

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Nov 23 2017, 06:48 AM
  Quote Post

Macquarie Telecom is spending $18 million for ailing cloud solutions provider Bulletproof in a move that helps the telco fortify its portfolio. The offer, priced at 11 cents a share, also gives Bulletproof's management and shareholders a way out given the current state of the business, with Macquarie Telecom CEO David Tudehope saying that the telco had received overtures from Bulletproof's management five months ago. "Bulletproof's non-executive director Craig Farrow approached us … we had been looking at the business and we realised that it needed financial stability quickly," Mr Tudehope told The Australian.

Bulletproof (BPF) listed in 2014 as the first Australian pure-play public cloud services company and in 2015 acquired competitor Infoplex for $3.5m. However, the last couple of years have been punctuated by revenue downgrades, job cuts and management turnover. The company posted a loss of $6.1m for the financial year ending June 30 2017, with revenue for the period coming in at $49.2m. Having hit a high of 53 cents a share in early 2016, Bulletproof's share price was languishing at 7 cents prior to the offer.

"They decided to list the company too quickly and as is often the case with small public companies the whole thing became a distraction and they didn't have the depth to manage the processes," Mr Tudehope said.
- I wouldn't think MAQ is overpaying
Macquarie Telecom is hoping to seal the deal, which needs approval from 90 per cent of Bulletproof's shareholders, by early next year and Mr Tudehope said that the offer on the table provides significant upside for Bulletproof's shareholders. "It's a cash offer, it's at a significant premium and Bulletproof needs a quick resolution to its stability issues." He added that Bulletproof will bring with it "some quality customers that we would like to be using our services."

"The still have a technically skilled staff, which in the cloud world are hard to find." "There is a strong strategic fit with Macquarie, the combination will enable Macquarie and Bulletproof customers to access a full set of cloud options of colocation, private cloud and public cloud," Mr Tudehope added.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/t...631d200a5b7f00a

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 31 2017, 09:17 AM
  Quote Post

updated guidance and declared a final dividend of 25cps, fully franked.

Chairman Peter James said, "The Company has had an outstanding year and we will continue to leverage our investments to drive further shareholder value and ongoing returns."

KEY POINTS

• Full year revenue was up 8.0% to $219.7 million for FY2017 compared to $202.6 million for the previous corresponding period.
• Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortisation (EBITDA) of $40.3 million for FY2017, an increase of $8.0 million or 24.7% on FY2016 and ahead of upgraded guidance.
• Cash flow from Operating Activities of $41.4 million. The company is debt free and has a closing cash balance of $31.8 million as at 30 June.
• Net profit after tax was up 170% to $14.2 million compared to a profit of $5.3million for the previous corresponding period.
• Capital expenditure for FY2017 was $38.5 million (FY16: $19.9 million) driven by an increase in growth Capex of $16m for: The Fortune 100 Customer; Data Hall 4 fit out; Intellicentre 4 capacity; Telecom NOC insourcing project and SD WAN investment.
• Final dividend declared of 25 cps, fully franked which brings the Company to a full year dividend of 50 cps.

OUTLOOK
• The Company's EBITDA will continue to grow in FY18, however the 1H will be flat compared to 2HFY17 due to the full impact of ongoing power price increases and investment in sales growth.
• Strong and growing demand from our Federal Government Agencies for secure Cloud, including from Tier 1 Agencies like ATO, gives great confidence for future growth in the Government Business. Accordingly, there will be further investment in expansion in Canberra and our Cloud platform, with an increase in OPEX of around $3m and CAPEX by $1.6m across FY18.
• Total Capex is expected to be between $32-35m consisting of:
-o Growth Capex - $10 to $11 million.
-o Customer Growth - $12 to $13 million.
-o Maintenance Capex - $10 to $11 million.
• Depreciation is expected to be between $26 and $28 million.
• Based on demand, over the next 6 months the business will decide on whether to build or buy data centre capacity. The potential for investment in Intellicentre 3 will increase the requirement for capex that will primarily impact FY19.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 2 2016, 02:35 PM
  Quote Post

●The Company's EBITDA will continue to grow in FY17.
●We are confident that Hosting revenue will continue to grow in FY17 and as a result we are investing in Hosting growth capex.
●Telecom will invest in new data networking technology and insourcing network operations centre to materially reduce costs and further improve service delivery in FY18.
●Hosting will focus on operational service readiness for the Fortune 100 customer at Intellicentre2 with initial billing to commence in Q3, ramping up during FY18 with full revenue earning capacity in FY19. In addition, Intellicentre4's capacity will be expanded.
●Growth capex is expected to be $10 to $11 million for Hosting and $6 to $7 million for Telecom.
●Business as usual capex is expected to be $17 to $19 million.
●Depreciation for the year is expected to be $21 to $23 million.

MAQ seems to becoming more a Hosting/ data company, moving away from, or at least with less emphasis on, telecoms.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 28 2016, 04:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 14 2016, 11:26 AM

MAQ hit 10.00 - thin supply still the reality - even the 'bots are finding it difficult (& was $5.50 a year ago)

MAQ currently operates in two primary business divisions; Hosting (business and government) and Telco mobiles. It is engaged in the provision of telecommunication and hosting services to corporate and government customers within Australia.

--------------------

maru
post Posted: Mar 14 2016, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

Major shareholder Australian Ethical Investments accumulating 1,514,790 (7.22%) to 1,754,367.00 (8.37%)
, could just drift up above $10 on low volume.

nipper
post Posted: Mar 14 2016, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: maru's post @ Mar 12 2016, 11:43 PM

low volume turnover on MAQ ... making it hard to accumulate a position. Buy Sell now 9.10 / 10.00

am watching to see if the Covata deal delivers - should hear something soon

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: maru  

maru
post Posted: Mar 12 2016, 11:43 PM
  Quote Post

Yield over 5% FF, Vocus (ASX : VOC) own a major share holding around 15% , MAQ holding $25M cash

Ebitda for 2016 could be $33m

Enterprise value / ebitda ratio around 5 for FY2016

Fair value around 8 times this ratio

Share price target $12.50

Link to latest half yearly presentation below
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?...SX&N=908149

Lizard
post Posted: Aug 27 2009, 02:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Lizard's post @ Jul 30 2009, 09:09 PM

Good result from MAQ - ahead of forecast EBITDA and ahead of my March projection for NPAT, so that was a good outcome!

Share price has managed to put on near 50% in the last month and yet with $2.14 in cash at the bank and generating another 62cps in free cashflow, $3.70 still seems like a very reasonable price.

Still, based on history, the Tudehope's probably have plans for that cash that doesn't involve divs, but rather involve a 2 or 3 year wait for it to deliver increased returns...

Lizard
post Posted: Jul 30 2009, 09:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Lizard's post @ Jul 25 2009, 07:39 AM

Great announcement after-market from MAQ - sale of Singapore business (not been a great performer so far) for about $A8.8m. From last report, assets in Singapore were about $4.2m, so probably book a gain on sale. More spare cash, plus a future tie-up with Citic 1616 for calls between Australia and Asia.

It's about another 43cps in cash for MAQ and possibly an increase in net assets of 22cps if my assumptions are correct. Total cash per share must be well over $1.70 unless they've been having another capex spend-up (certainly not the message).

(Current sp $2.72)

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING