Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Investor IQ Bookshop, Investor IQ
influxweb
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 12:59 PM
  Quote Post

Have made the appropriate person aware! Thanks for that
Andrew

PS

The link to the Directory http://www.sharescene.com/index.php?act=links doesn't return anything .... ie just a search box 

influxweb
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 12:59 PM
  Quote Post

haha, yeah i agree... Just messing around with you.

For transaction control etc, PostGRE is the best LINUX way to go. MySQL isnt quite there, but i think recent developments have made it pretty close.

... tell me more about the work you get up to? Interested to hear!

Andrew

thekiwi
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 12:48 PM
  Quote Post

PS

The link to the Directory http://www.sharescene.com/index.php?act=links doesn't return anything .... ie just a search box icon14.gif

--------------------
Cheers

The Kiwi
Internet Infobahn

thekiwi
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 12:43 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks Kiwi  Nice site... Good design and functionality... Only prob is your using ASP (microsoft)! tut tut tut... Long live PHP  hahaha
Andrew

Dont worry, I uses PHP and MySQL as well ... but when MySQL as good as MsSQL with Stored Procedures, Triggers and Trasnaction control ... then it will get a look in laughingsmiley.gif

Plus, in my job, you code to what the customer requires, and when you have to do use custom modules to synchronise inventory and prices ... then sometimes M/Soft is what is best used.

Horses for Courses

--------------------
Cheers

The Kiwi
Internet Infobahn

influxweb
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 12:33 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks Kiwi smile.gif Nice site... Good design and functionality... Only prob is your using ASP (microsoft)! tut tut tut... Long live PHP smile.gif hahaha
Andrew

thekiwi
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 12:26 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all

Just though Id post a heads up for those in Australia and are interested in a local business providing investment material such as books, software and general trading/investing resources etc.

Tim Paul has opened in Perth and also has online his new bookshop (InvestorIQ online store) ... its range is pretty huge with material from trading through to property and psychology.

The site also promotes seminars being run Australia wide, and the Perth Sunday Traders club have made it there home as well (in the Communities section)

My relationship to the site is ... I built it, so its not my site ... just though it might be a useful place to find info:-)

--------------------
Cheers

The Kiwi
Internet Infobahn

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING