Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

28 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MAD, MAVERICK DRILLING & EXPLORATION LIMITED
crooky
post Posted: Sep 7 2014, 06:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nifty49's post @ Sep 7 2014, 11:58 AM

Yeah could have nifty , did have a good run up though and most energy stocks down on Friday , seems market keen on what acquisition they might move on with the Wells Fargo $50mill Credit Facility. Hopefully we won't see it below 20 . who knows ?

nifty49
post Posted: Sep 7 2014, 11:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crooky's post @ Sep 5 2014, 10:13 PM

Pull back may have something to do with removal from the ASX 300?

crooky
post Posted: Sep 5 2014, 10:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crooky's post @ Aug 21 2014, 12:05 PM

Pullback today after hitting .27
broke thru resistance .245 the other day

crooky
post Posted: Aug 25 2014, 10:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crooky's post @ Aug 21 2014, 12:05 PM

Wells Fargo $US500 million Credit Facility
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?...SX&N=813340

crooky
post Posted: Aug 21 2014, 12:05 PM
  Quote Post

MAD seems to have formed a base at it's lows @ .15 Breaking out to .19 thereabouts the last week , making a high today @21
Could the bad news be factored in now and positive news is just round the corner ?

If it runs next resistance at .245 , then .30

cooderman
post Posted: Jun 19 2014, 04:52 PM
  Quote Post

MAD struggling to break above .25 res. a close above on daily and it may be worth a punt at some stage

Director's have bought well in the last week .....it is possible it may also fall to test recent lows

will keep on a watch list

Attached Image

annaliese
post Posted: Apr 17 2014, 11:52 AM
  Quote Post

Guys, the latest Morgans report (14/4) is now on the MAD website. For all their association (CR etc) with MAD its quite a balanced report and well worth reading. http://www.maverickdrilling.com/SiteFiles/...ckcomau/PDF.pdf

There are a number of value add/destroy points coming up including:

1/ The current drilling into the Vicksburg formation. This well if successful will add to reserves and is expected to have significantly higher flow rates. According to Morgans this well should be at target depth in early May. Success could lead to afield development plan of 20 wells according to Morgans.Disappointment here will hurt the sp but they have identified more deep targets on recent 3D seismic so I expect further drilling.

2/ Yeager expects to cut lifting costs at Blue Ridge by 50% making this field cash flow positive. This involves staff and equipment redundancy so I would not imagine we will see much from this before q4. Perhaps a little initial impact in q3.

3/ A new assessment of existing "Frio zone" reserves will be complete by late June so we should see a believable figure at that time. Its going to be less then current2P figure of 192MB but theres little guide as to how much less. Given the companyy is currently valued as if it had 30-40MB theres plenty of room for a reduction in the quoted figures while potentially allowing upside in the sp( assuming the new figure is > 40MB 2p)

4/ Deal flow. Yeager is keen to pick up an asset away from the current salt domes as well as doing jv's on the current acreages to speed development. There is no timing on this as yet but things tend to come without warning in any case.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nifty49  

arty
post Posted: Apr 13 2014, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Apr 13 2014, 01:41 PM

I took a shortcut; instead of "even a gamble", it should have read "some may even call it a gamble".

It goes without saying that no trade - regardless of one's reason for entering - is sensible without appropriate capital management, which includes position sizing and setting of a commensurate stop-loss.
Failure to stick to those basic rules isn't gambling, but insanity.
As is "averaging down": a sure way to increase the risk and reduce profit potential

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

cooderman
post Posted: Apr 13 2014, 01:41 PM
  Quote Post

just a comment on what Arty said in his post

(Sometimes, I'm also impatient and take a plunge. But I know I'm taking a risk, even a gamble.)

I could not see any posts on this topic and wondered what others thoughts were......what is a gamble and what is a speculative trade?
my take on a speculative trade is you would have risk management in place on the trade.
your reason for taking the trade could be for any number of reasons....Fib levels, bounce off support, candle set up or what ever is your
chosen method...because someone recommended it on a share forum wouldn't be one.

before taking the trade you would work out how much capital you were willing to risk on that one trade. i.e. a $ value or % value
you would then work out your s/l. this would then tell you the no. of shares you could buy, so if the trade went wrong you would only
lose the risk capital you would invest in that trade ...

e.g. if MAD bounces next week and I decide to re-enter at say .315, my stop loss would be new low .285 and I will risk $450 on the trade, the amount of shares I could buy where the maximum loss would be $450 is 15000 shares + brokers.

is this a gamble or a speculative trade where you control your losses.....Wren is one person who has disclosed his method.. he sometimes calls it a punt but he has control of his risk management and his entry levels.

a gamble to me would be to buy 30000 shares in MAD, solely on a good feeling about the company, no stop loss to protect your capital

and if it drops to .25 hang on knowing that one day it will come good...probably not the right thread for this discussion.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

cooderman
post Posted: Apr 11 2014, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 11 2014, 11:13 AM

I am aware of that Arty....I took the risk and hoped for a bounce off what looked like support at .295 low

it failed and I was out this morning when it looked like a new low.... small volume trade and I can't see much wrong with that

might have been a problem if it goes to .20c and I was still holding

28 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING