Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

49 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Daily US S&P 500 Index Tracker
Barra
post Posted: Aug 8 2014, 09:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 14 2014, 12:18 PM

G'day Arty,

Any chance you could update some of your analysis now we've seen a decent pullback? I would post some ideas, but I don't trust my charting skills where it comes to correctly plotting moving averages and supports levels.

Chrs

Barra

arty
post Posted: Jan 14 2014, 12:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: marketwinner's post @ Jan 10 2014, 03:34 PM

I am more cautious about the S&P500.
On the Monthly, it's reached its target of the post-GFC recovery; slightly overshooting, but I doubt there's much more in it.

Attached File  SP500_m_13_01_14.gif ( 17.72K ) Number of downloads: 19

The Weekly gave us already a few not so subtle hints that it was losing momentum fast.

Attached File  SP500_w_13_01_14.gif ( 20.6K ) Number of downloads: 11

Last night's fall could well be the banana peel at the top of the staircase.

Attached File  SP500_13_01_14.gif ( 17.66K ) Number of downloads: 10

PS: The weekly and daily charts are using a later range as basis for the Fibonacci Study. That explains the difference in target levels. While it's 161.8 on the 4-year Monthly, it's 261.8 off the June-September 2012 range. Several others also point at 1810 +/-

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

marketwinner
post Posted: Jan 10 2014, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gollygosh's post @ Dec 27 2013, 10:11 AM

S&P 500 one of my favorites indexes in the investment world along with DOW and NASDAQ. It could go up again breaking 1850 and should reach around 1900 before we see some correction in 2014.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

gollygosh
post Posted: Dec 27 2013, 10:11 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Carsha's post @ Dec 27 2013, 06:51 AM

Hi CS , I think this is what u asking but could be wrong?

If u use the low of 666 on spx u could use fibonacci extensions . ie; 666x 50% plus = 999 or 666 x 100% plus = 1332 and so on .
Or u could do it a left field way and use the previous daily or weekly decline and apply a fib extension to that as well . I look for a pronounced high low and do an extension to see if the early fibs like 23.6 or 25 ,33 then 38.2 work but also try and align that with a close on a certain time frame . ie ; If u find over the first couple of hrs using a 30 minute time frame it closes at 23.6 then at 38.2 u can find a pattern etc .

Spi used to work well on a weekly high to low basis and then extend it upwards using 30 minute time frames but I haven't used it in several years . I know many specialize in this method as it also reveals when a change in trend occurs using very small time frames .

cheers gg

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Carsha  

Carsha
post Posted: Dec 27 2013, 06:51 AM
  Quote Post

With the S&P 500 moving into uncharted territory is it still possible to
have any indication of resistance levels. Could levels be calculated
on a percentage basis from previous charted resistance levels>?

CS

arty
post Posted: Aug 20 2013, 02:17 PM
  Quote Post

The S&P 500 has hit the bottom of this year's rising channel.

Attached File  SP500_19_08_13.gif ( 24.69K ) Number of downloads: 18

If it fails here, I see a possible drop back below 1500.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mistagear
post Posted: Jun 21 2013, 07:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Jun 19 2013, 09:33 PM

1773 is/was my swing target for ES 09:13 Contract (now current) and today the chart hit a low of 1577. I've now been buy-stopped out of my last short contract and also now long a couple of contracts @1582. Stop is a break of the earlier low

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

mistagear
post Posted: Jun 19 2013, 09:33 PM
  Quote Post

As I type the current Emini contract 06.13 trading @1650.25 , thats 10pts from a perfect swing as based on current volatility.
So if it gets to 1660 pts on the 06:13 and 1655pts on the forward contract 09:13 and tops out, I will take an early short position.
Actually, it's close enough for me to look for a double top on an intra chart which has the right volume distribution I'm happy with, and I'm likely to take a position earlier

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

flower
post Posted: Jun 16 2013, 07:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: marketwinner's post @ Jun 16 2013, 01:38 PM

Despite bruising selloff inassets globally still S&P500 holding above 1600 level.

And all this has been caused by the bearded one who doublespeaks. Can anybody lift and print here the article from this Weekend Australian, Marketwatch , business section page 33, the article------ "market hangs on Bernanke's words".

Article self explanatory basically saying the way he handled the May 22nd post meeting announcement/press conference caused so much confusion------ resulting in this sell off of nearly everything.

No one expects anything to actually happen on Wednesday, but what the market desparately wants is clarity, ie: is QE proceeding as before OR is QE gradually going to be wound down and are US real .interest rates gradually going to be allowed to rise icon14.gif ------Please no more professorial gobbledygook Mr Bernanke.

The market has been on steroids for the last 13 years at least, ever since dot com dot bust, firstly pill popped by Greenspan and then by Bernanke who added QE not once not twice but three trimes.

The alarming thing for us as either investors or as traders is that we have been dealing with a make believe situation for 13 years at least, fostered by negative real US interest rates, obviously that can't go on for ever since US taxpayers aren't that stupid and Bernanke may not get reappointed as FED Chairman after Christmas, but boy this could be a very difficult moment in history, it may be delayed for 12 months by what he sais on Thursday at his after meeting press conference--or it may suddenly bcome game on, ie QE may be all over and the consequence of such a move after 13 years on steroids are completely unknown--buckle up boys, now where is that Tin Hat?

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

marketwinner
post Posted: Jun 16 2013, 01:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 14 2013, 10:06 AM

Despite bruising selloff in assets globally still S&P500 holding above 1600 level.

What we saw last couple of days is adjustments of positions in all types of assets including currency. Not only stocks but also currencies including emerging and frontier currencies went down during last couple of days.

Still S&P 500 and USD uptrend is intact and in the longrun USA market should go up further. There is a possibility even S & P 500 can touch 1700 level. Few frontier markets in Asia and North African region also will have strong market and their currency also should appreciate in the coming quarters.

However there will be short term volatility in all types of assets such stocks, commodities and currencies globally.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior tomaking any investment decisions

49 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING