Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

How do you access Sharescene?
How do you access the web?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 278
Guests cannot vote 
diamond
post Posted: May 27 2004, 11:39 AM
  Quote Post

Have sent you an email Matt biggrin.gif

mminion
post Posted: May 27 2004, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

Diamond,

What's his username ? (the one he is trying to use... I'll check it out)
9-10 times the issue is to do with a incorrect email address

Matt

--------------------
Don't stall a plane

diamond
post Posted: May 27 2004, 11:11 AM
  Quote Post

Can anyone help? A friend that wants to get on to sharescene but cant, he has sent an email to add min but get no reply. He says he has a proper email address but when he registers nothing happens. Any advise is appreciated. biggrin.gif

influxweb
post Posted: May 7 2004, 11:43 PM
  Quote Post

I just did a test with that link. Here are my results. I'm Telstra Cable in Adelaide

File Size: 150.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 1.437 seconds

835.12 Kbps
(104.39 KBps)

Regards
Andrew

p.s. ShareScene.com is on a 100mbit link to the internet, so if you have a fast ISP the site will be screaming fast!

DRUGGIST
post Posted: May 7 2004, 11:19 PM
  Quote Post

I changed to Optus cable from Telstra dialup in November 2003. My usual connect speed was less than 20kbps and now varies between about 200 and 1500 kbps according to McAfee speedometer http://promos.mcafee.com/speedometer/test_0150.asp
It has changed my whole experience of internet.
I have found Sharescene.com so much better as far as speed goes than #Ozestock.com.au# I just wish more would move over. Still little spam here compared to there.

chiller
post Posted: Apr 27 2004, 09:14 PM
  Quote Post

Hi influxweb,

I use dial-up at home and don't have a problem with the time taken to load pages. It is not as fast as work (LAN for me) but it is not a painful wait at all.

Cheers Charles

--------------------
Temporary insanity only

jbeatty
post Posted: Apr 27 2004, 09:42 AM
  Quote Post

Because I live in a remote area I use an asymmetrical satellite broadband system

This means requests go out by modem/phone at standard speeds and return by dish/mediacard at up to 500kbps.

I find this system offers the best compromise (cost/speed) for my area and is reliable.

For the purposes of this poll I have ticked "Broadband"

--------------------
regards: jbeatty

influxweb
post Posted: Apr 26 2004, 11:24 PM
  Quote Post

I'd be interested to know if any dial up users of ShareScene.com find the site too graphically intensive for their connections?

Regards
Andrew

chiller
post Posted: Apr 26 2004, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

Given some of the recent debate on 'How can we make the ShareScene.com better for you', I thought I would ask the question about web access.

--------------------
Temporary insanity only

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING