Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

RUM, RUM JUNGLE RESOURCES LTD
nipper
post Posted: Nov 18 2017, 09:43 AM
  Quote Post

RUM has changed name to Verdant Minerals (VRM), still doing quarterlies, hoping to get Ammaroo Phosphate off (out of) the ground - BFS, environmentals, etc.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

alonso
post Posted: Mar 23 2015, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ironbark222's post @ Mar 22 2015, 08:49 AM

I dumped mine a couple of weeks ago in a dash for cash and also to await developments. Still watching.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

ironbark222
post Posted: Mar 22 2015, 12:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: eshmun's post @ Mar 22 2015, 12:21 PM

A new clean face, literally. do not profess to know anything about phosphate business, but I am in for the ride, the last time I owned RUM was back in the uranium days, luckily I got out of that early, still owning my shirt.

eshmun
post Posted: Mar 22 2015, 12:21 PM
  Quote Post

I've had this on watch for a while. Chart doesn't look pretty. Almost back to all time lows now. Looks like a bit of spread developing between buyers at 5c and sellers a little higher up the chain at around 7-8cents. Have got cash to survive a while but will need to watch the burn rate, particularly in this market.

Positives:

Markets in Asia, Australia and New Zealand are net importers of phosphate.

Transport infrastructure exists to a degree.

Australia has low geopolitical risks as opposed to Morocco and the Western Sahara the worlds largest supplier, although the chairman of RUM has been damming in his recent speech about Australia

"The year under review has been one of complexity, reflecting firstly, negative investment attitudes, and secondly positive achievements by the Company. Examining the first, the falling investor sentiments in the junior and mid tier mining and exploration sector has been accentuated by falling commodity prices, and an unacceptably high cost structure in Australia. Further, increasing red tape in Government approvals and land rights issues, in some cases involving sovereign risk, have added to the complexity. Seen in the eyes of potential overseas investors and partners, the Company’s management team is constantly advised by such people that Australia at the moment is simply uncompetitive. This does not mean that things will not change."

Negatives:

Project needs more funding to get to a bankable stage and is reliant on finding a partner hence possible dilution.

Morocco and the Western Sahara have 85% of the worlds reserves of phosphate (Australia less than 1%), so tend to dictate prices along with China and the US. Australia actually is a large importer of phosphate from Morocco.

If no funding or partner is found for the project RUM's share price can continue to slide as they erode cash.

Conclusion:

Share price could bounce on news of a partner to continue to fund the project, although risks seem a bit high for my liking at this point. I keep watching.

Eshmun

eshmun
post Posted: Mar 22 2015, 12:21 PM
  Quote Post

I've had this on watch for a while. Chart doesn't look pretty. Almost back to all time lows now. Looks like a bit of spread developing between buyers at 5c and sellers a little higher up the chain at around 7-8cents. Have got cash to survive a while but will need to watch the burn rate, particularly in this market.

Positives:

Markets in Asia, Australia and New Zealand are net importers of phosphate.

Transport infrastructure exists to a degree.

Australia has low geopolitical risks as opposed to Morocco and the Western Sahara the worlds largest supplier, although the chairman of RUM has been damming in his recent speech about Australia

"The year under review has been one of complexity, reflecting firstly, negative investment attitudes, and secondly positive achievements by the Company. Examining the first, the falling investor sentiments in the junior and mid tier mining and exploration sector has been accentuated by falling commodity prices, and an unacceptably high cost structure in Australia. Further, increasing red tape in Government approvals and land rights issues, in some cases involving sovereign risk, have added to the complexity. Seen in the eyes of potential overseas investors and partners, the Company’s management team is constantly advised by such people that Australia at the moment is simply uncompetitive. This does not mean that things will not change."

Negatives:

Project needs more funding to get to a bankable stage and is reliant on finding a partner hence possible dilution.

Morocco and the Western Sahara have 85% of the worlds reserves of phosphate (Australia less than 1%), so tend to dictate prices along with China and the US. Australia actually is a large importer of phosphate from Morocco.

If no funding or partner is found for the project RUM's share price can continue to slide as they erode cash.

Conclusion:

Share price could bounce on news of a partner to continue to fund the project, although risks seem a bit high for my liking at this point. I keep watching.

Eshmun

ironbark222
post Posted: Mar 22 2015, 08:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jan 15 2015, 11:22 AM

Alonso, I own RUM, so just felt you needed some company, best of luck.

alonso
post Posted: Jan 15 2015, 11:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jan 9 2015, 10:41 AM

From the look of the depth, this will be a bumpy ride. Some big parcels looking to be dumped at a higher price, although when it gets there, if it does, they might change their mind.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

alonso
post Posted: Jan 9 2015, 10:41 AM
  Quote Post

As Frank Sinatra used to sing in his inimitable way, this could be the start of something big.

Maybe, possibly, perhaps . . .

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Dec 22 2014, 10:28 AM
  Quote Post

From ann re Karinga Lakes scoping study completion:

"This potentially enables a strategy of a small scale, limited environmental footprint and low capital start-up at the Karinga Lakes project to start developing the regional markets for these products and generating cash for the company. This initial development could then be followed by the development of a larger scale operation in the course of time.

It is also worth noting that fertilser commodities such as potash and phosphates have actually increased in price over the last 12 months since their lows in late 2013. This is in contrast to iron, ore, coal and oil. There are no substitutes for potassium (Potash) and phosphates in agriculture. Accordingly, Rum Jungle Resources’ portfolio of sulphate of potash projects combined with the Ammaroo Phosphate Project positions the company to leverage growth in demand for fertilisers in the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia. "

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Oct 28 2014, 12:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Oct 7 2014, 09:21 AM

Great fools think alike:

http://www.fool.com.au/2014/10/27/4-ways-t...obal-food-boom/

PS the name change is needed here

--------------------

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING