Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

112 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

"English as she is spoke", Our language and its quirks
nipper
post Posted: Apr 7 2021, 06:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Apr 7 2021, 06:11 AM

Can I use it in Scrabble?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

henrietta
post Posted: Apr 7 2021, 06:11 AM
  Quote Post

Haven't got the whole alphabet yet ....... but getting there.

LGBTQIAPD individuals (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, queer, intersex, asexual, pansexual and demisexual).

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

nipper
post Posted: Mar 25 2021, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

from a presentation by a company (that will remain anonymous)

In 2021 the Company remains focused on our customer's needs and creating an inclusive product development roadmap to shape our long-term product direction.

I just hope they have more than one customer!!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  henrietta  

henrietta
post Posted: Feb 25 2021, 05:56 PM
  Quote Post

Just read "very unique" and "utterly unique" ......... sigh !!! grrr.gif

Cheers
J

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 16 2021, 07:26 PM
  Quote Post

As a result, all 79 people aboard the flight — 24 of who were players among the 67 passengers — will now serve a full fortnight in quarantine.

It just makes you go AAaaarrgghh !!!!

Cheers
J

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 9 2021, 07:20 PM
  Quote Post

Cricket Australia had just eased India’s concerns over quarantine arrangements in Brisbane before the BCCI changed tact.

Not much tact involved in this change of tack.

Can't say I blame them much. Hasn't been a whole lot of fun, but citing the upcoming England tour is a bit of a red herring.

Cheers
J

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 6 2021, 11:47 AM
  Quote Post

Is it work experience guy, or a New Zealander, doing this story?
"There's some trees right at the top edge of the landslip that will need to be filled, there's also a significant tree halfway down that's fallen and is laying horizontal against another tree and both of those will need to be taken out and then we need to work out how to remove the rubble."

Mr Milburn said the rubble itself will require significant risk assessments before it us moved.
filled! felled?
before it us moved! before it is moved?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-06/heav...-coast/13035462

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 16 2020, 04:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 16 2020, 04:31 PM

Maybe they should fraze it differently.

Cheers
J

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: draughtsman  nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Nov 16 2020, 04:31 PM
  Quote Post

ASX newcomers unphased by delay;
well, quite. Nobody could plug in to the ASX today.

from AFR headline; probably change it later.

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 26 2020, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

Syllogism has been mentioned in posts, so I thought I’d put a definition here.

syllogism
/ˈsɪlədʒɪz(ə)m/

noun: syllogism; plural noun: syllogisms
an instance of a form of reasoning in which a conclusion is drawn from two given or assumed propositions (premises); a common or middle term is present in the two premises but not in the conclusion, which may be invalid (e.g. all dogs are animals; all animals have four legs; therefore all dogs have four legs ).

Cheers
J

--------------------

112 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING