Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

114 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 110 111 112 113 114 >   

Reply to this topic

GTP, GREAT SOUTHERN LIMITED
rocksteady
post Posted: Nov 25 2004, 03:50 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rocksteady on Thursday 25/11/04 03:19pm

macquarie research have given GTP an "outperform" in the short term,and have valued GTP at between ;$3.75 and $4.11 based on (EV/EBITA) methodology.
12 month price target;$4.30 based on above methodology.

rocksteady

rocksteady
post Posted: Nov 25 2004, 03:19 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: HDW04 on Thursday 25/11/04 02:19pm

I don,t know of any anns.,but I sold some today. have held for nearly the past year.
I will check with my broker,and see if he knows anything.
this is one GOOD company

rocksteady

HDW04
post Posted: Nov 25 2004, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: astoria on Tuesday 07/09/04 08:41am

Good movement today, anyone aware of any possible anns?

Cheers for now
H

astoria
post Posted: Sep 7 2004, 08:41 AM
  Quote Post

Buying again on the dips...Senate Enquiry into the Timber industry has caused some panic selling in TIM AND GTP....great chance to buy either on low PE....GTP go Ex Div soon 11 cents fully franked. king.gif

astoria
post Posted: Aug 27 2004, 10:24 AM
  Quote Post

Good Chance to buy on the dip today this stock is heading north of $4 over the next 12 months on a low PE and great management

edliw
post Posted: Aug 18 2004, 07:43 PM
  Quote Post

Donot forget harvesting starts this year and probably still alot of work to be completed at
the port facility.The next big influence on share price will be what sort of returns growers receive,is this a real company or a paper company.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

savtin
post Posted: Aug 18 2004, 12:07 AM
  Quote Post

Hello West Worthing,
I wouldn't be to worried about the dividend at the moment. They are on a huge growth phase and need the money for their accelerated plans for expanding their businesses.

Remember what the gure himself "Benjamin Graham" said about the options a company has when it has excess cash(profit) at the end of the year. It can pay up a special DIV or it can use the extra funds to inject into growing the company. If they can get a better return on injecting those funds then they should do it.

If the company can take that 20cent dividend and buy more land to grow extra plantations and return to you a greater profit and hence a greater share price wouldn't that be great. Therefore either 20 cents up front or a rise in share price of 200-300cents over the next 6-12 months. Which would you prefer?
I know what i want.
Go GTP.....then again i am long on this stock.
cheers
savtin biggrin.gif

--------------------
Cheers Savtin,

Approach everyday as if it was your last and never sweat the small stuff.

west worthing
post Posted: Aug 17 2004, 08:13 PM
  Quote Post

Yes Savtin it was great news but why are they so mean with the divs?
may be a 20 cent special div would be in order.

From West.

savtin
post Posted: Aug 16 2004, 10:39 PM
  Quote Post

To all GTP followers,
How great was that. That was well above the $82Million i had estimated. Gees $93 million gives us 43 cents per share a p/e ratio of only 7.6. If it was trading where it should be at least at 14.5 then the SP would be - a whopping $6.30.

I believe this stock will be re-rated in the short term . $6.00 here we come. tongue.gif biggrin.gif graduated.gif

--------------------
Cheers Savtin,

savtin
post Posted: Jul 23 2004, 12:37 AM
  Quote Post

Hi GTP followers,

Actually looking at its soon to be released earings for the last year - they should be announcing an earnings increase of 70% that is from approx 20cents per share to 34cents per share. the 34 cents per share would put it on a PE of about 9.5. (based on todays SP close). Interestly TIM (Timbercorp) will be announcing about 17.1 cents per share and this would put it on a P/E ratio of approx 9.5 as well.

Taking the above into consideration and the medium to longterm growth oppurtinities for both agribusinesses and apply the P/E 14.5 ratio to there current share price you would achieve the following GTP - $4.95 and TIM - $2.48. and don't forget they do have low PEG ratio. The growth in revenue and hence profits (they say) is sustainable in the medium term.

cheers
savtin

--------------------
Cheers Savtin,

114 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 110 111 112 113 114 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING