Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

36 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

COVID-19, Pandemic
rlane
post Posted: Today, 03:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Today, 02:16 PM

Hi Plastic

The app wont make much difference, whoever wants to know already knows, and have known for quite a while
From
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/201...w/#42bbe77e4f99

The report claims that 89% of the world’s internet users are being actively monitored—around 3 billion people. As you’d expect when it comes to mass population monitoring and the use of technology to advance population control, China leads the way. But of the 65 countries covered in the report, there are another 39 in addition to China which “have instituted advanced social media surveillance programs.”

and from 2013
https://business.time.com/2013/06/11/big-br...card-data-grab/

and from 2012
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/magazine...ing-habits.html

Whenever possible, Target assigns each shopper a unique code — known internally as the Guest ID number — that keeps tabs on everything they buy. “If you use a credit card or a coupon, or fill out a survey, or mail in a refund, or call the customer help line, or open an e-mail we’ve sent you or visit our Web site, we’ll record it and link it to your Guest ID,” Pole said. “We want to know everything we can.”

Said 'Thanks' for this post: plastic  

plastic
post Posted: Today, 02:16 PM
  Quote Post

Despite the pleadings, (or was it instructions?) of Jacinda, on a beautiful winters day, everybody decided to get out and enjoy the weather, get some exercise and NOT wear a mask or exercise caution with social distancing. Except for about 10-20% of the people I saw.

The message is, not many of us are listening to Jacinda. Too many of us don't believe the message. The momentum of FUD has gone.

Next is the hammer. They have an agenda to get through and they will use all tools at their disposal to drive it home.

New cases being reported at schools and universities in the Auckland region. Others are outstide. Urgency on port workers. The case is being built. Wage subsidies and mortgage holidays extended in anticipation.

Just watch. Level Four coming with curfews. Downloading an app for personal monitoring will become mandatory. Just wait until that software falls into the hands of the corporate bosses or even just bosses. And you thought punching a time clock or having GPS on the company car was bad.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Yesterday, 05:34 PM
  Quote Post

Another twelve days in Lockdown Level Three for Auckland. Meanwhile, urgency has been requested by top doc Bloomfield for testing in all ports in the country.

What does he know that makes this urgent?

Just watch. Hammer coming down. It will be Level Four soon, mandatory masks, curfews and Melbourne lite. End of next week is my guess.

And doesn't the G know it. Wage subsidies and mortgage deferrals to be extended.

True or not I don't know, but apparently Bill Gates was in the country either this or last week. Bet he can't wait to get out of quarantine.

--------------------

kahuna1
post Posted: Yesterday, 10:14 AM
  Quote Post

Uh huh ....

Conflating and minimizing and maximizing things abounds.

That we have someone comparing USA 30,000 FLu deaths a year to 200,000 USA COVID19 deaths as the same when its a merely since APRIL 1st so ... that's 4 1/2 monhts is par for the course.

I would agree skepticism is needed with some sceintific papers. I do it myself. Peer review is often tearing rubbish papers to bits, that its a published paper means not a thing.

COVID19 whilst not being alarmist in the extreme is the worst virus in 100 years.

Either we deal with it, minimize its impacts, or we do not. Denial is not working for USA and if one merely goes there are 200 days till April 1 2021 ... at 1,000 a day which is LOW .... is 400,000 deaths the same as 30,000 ? Apparently it is !!

Each to their own. Tin foil hats often work !!

Makeup is better
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Trump_new_look.jpg ( 14.67K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

henrietta
post Posted: Yesterday, 08:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Aug 13 2020, 09:43 PM

Love the "science deniers" moniker. Immediately gives credence to the "science acceptors", because "deniers" are bad , using the biblical story as evidence.

Apart from the name calling, we have a "science" community that used to be very well controlled with peer reviewed papers. But now, peer reviewed can mean almost anything, and obtaining research funds is the name of the game.

More than a few "peer reviewed" papers have been proven to be written using false data. So scientists have only themselves to blame for being subjected to scepticism, because they have been the architects of false evidence and papers.

I don't accept that deniers are unscientific, mostly they have a very healthy scepticism of "evidence". I've lost count of the "world ending catastrophes " that have been proposed by so-called "climate scientists" since the seventies. " World warming" was a classic, backed up by completely false evidence, and led to the clever shift to "climate change" which simply can't be denied.
Whether it's diabolically catastrophic for the planet is debatable, but the Earth has coped with some dramatic climate changes in the past.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 08:07 AM
  Quote Post

it is a worrying trend that somehow skeptic is conflated with denier, and all the implications of certainty/ inflexibility that implies.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Featured Stock Stories

jacsar
post Posted: Yesterday, 12:11 AM
  Quote Post

love your persistence Kahuna 1. however am a fatalist as much as I love history I cannot convince my wife or family to accept my views...life goes on and we survive as we have over the last 10,000 yrs in western europe since the last ice age...global warming...global ice age.... the cycles keep coming...cheers

kahuna1
post Posted: Aug 13 2020, 09:43 PM
  Quote Post

Yep ....

These days, when there are so many science deniers, it may feel like arguing with them is absolutely pointless. But a 2019 study published in the journal Nature Human Behavior showed that it's in fact worth arguing with them.

Philipp Schmid and Cornelia Betsch of the University of Erfurt in Germany conducted six experiments with 1,773 subjects. They assessed "how to mitigate the influence of a denier on the audience."

The results showed that "not responding to science deniers has a negative effect on attitudes towards behaviors favored by science (for example, vaccination) and intentions to perform these behaviors."

Attached File(s)
Attached File  EZY9XdxWoAAMA7v.jpg ( 100.69K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

plastic
post Posted: Aug 13 2020, 07:44 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-gui...mon_cold_causes

You know the drill. Your throat feels scratchy, you start sneezing and coughing, and pretty soon you're in the grip of a nasty cold. To add insult to injury, all that big-time misery is from a tiny invader -- a living thing called a virus.

And it's not just one you need to dodge. There are more than 200 that can lay you low.

It's likely that someday you'll have a close encounter with one of these types:

A common cold is caused by a corona virus. Symptoms of Covid 19 are the same as a common cold. So when you go and get tested for a corona virus called Covid 19 because you feel like you might have a cold which might be because of Covid 19, and that cold is because of a corona virus but not Covid 19, what do you think the test might show?
So suddenly in the middle of winter, testing gets ramped up and now we have all these positive carriers in the community.

Goodness me. What a surprise.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 13 2020, 05:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: db76's post @ Aug 13 2020, 12:30 PM

The momentum of FUD is dissipating. Watch for the hammer come down.

Total con. Pure politics. The powers of the PMs office need to be curtailed.

--------------------

36 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING