Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

275 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BHP, BHP BILLITON LIMITED
ShareCafe Admin
post Posted: Sep 17 2021, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

New article up.

BHP Fleshes Out Jansen Strategy

Thanks

Admin

ShareCafe Admin
post Posted: Sep 15 2021, 09:56 AM
  Quote Post

New article up.

BHP Playing Board Games Ahead of Revamp

Thanks

Admin

ShareCafe Admin
post Posted: Sep 2 2021, 10:09 AM
  Quote Post

New article up.

BHP, Fortescue's Forrest in Canadian Standoff

Thanks

Admin

nipper
post Posted: Aug 18 2021, 09:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 18 2021, 12:08 PM

whinge they will, but they can sniff the wind:

The 7 per cent decline in the BHP share price on Wednesday was attributed to arbitrage traders closing the gap between the discounted London share price and the Australian share price, which trades at a premium because of franking credits.

Putting to one side this short term impact, there is a positive double whammy from the changes in the index weightings contemplated by BHPs removal of its dual listing. Index funds and other passive strategies will automatically buy more BHP shares to match the increased index weighting in Australia, and active managers will be forced to buy the stock because of the impact the index changes will have on benchmarks.

new BHP could be 12% of ASX200, CBA at 9% and CSL getting up to 7%. Top3 will be > 25% of the index... and new WPL will be about 2%.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 18 2021, 12:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareCafe Admin's post @ Aug 18 2021, 10:02 AM

And really good articles they are. 👍

Shareholders in the Plc company listed in London will be taken onto the Australian register and their shares will be quoted here in Australian dollars. They will get Australian shares on a one for one basis.

Many UK institutions will not like that because of the currency changes ... the London shares are quoted in sterling. London holders will whine in moan through the likes of the Financial Times, and other UK media.
and one would expect nothing less..

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

ShareCafe Admin
post Posted: Aug 18 2021, 10:02 AM
  Quote Post

Couple new articles up.

Green Pivot a Reality for BHP: Oil Out, Potash In

Big Australian, Big Spoonful of Sugar

Thanks

Admin

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 17 2021, 06:56 PM
  Quote Post

potash in
oil (and gas) out
coal on the block.
Dual listed structure out .... back to Oz
US$2 a share dividend.

................ but organic growth opportunities are limited, so back on acquisitions trail??

,,,,,,,, and do I want WPL shares??????

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 16 2021, 12:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 16 2021, 10:56 AM

BHP up a percent. It reports tomorrow and a $2 ++ dividend anticipated.

And WPL down a few percent. Because they will have to raise some money? I do not really want WPL scrip. Will have to wait for the details.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 16 2021, 10:56 AM
  Quote Post

BHP Group has confirmed it is in discussions with Woodside Petroleum over the sale of its petroleum assets.

BHP confirms that we have initiated a strategic review of our Petroleum business to reassess its position and long-term strategic fit in the BHP portfolio.

A number of options are being evaluated. One option is a potential merger of the petroleum business with Woodside Petroleum and a distribution of Woodside shares to BHP shareholders.

We confirm that we have been in discussions with Woodside. While discussions between the parties are currently progressing, no agreement has been reached on any such transaction.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 6 2021, 01:34 PM
  Quote Post

Ally Selby (Livewire Markets): Don, I will stay on you. Speaking of coal, next we have BHP. It has got an annual yield of nearly 4 per cent. Is it a buy, hold or sell?

Don Hamson (Plato): It is a buy from us, mostly because we are very bullish on the iron ore prices. There will be some big dividend increases from BHP. Remember, it has also got copper assets and potentially it is looking to sell its oil and gas, which I think will make it look a lot more attractive from an environmental perspective. So, great yield, great business momentum at the moment. Making a fortune out of iron ore, and not bad out of copper too. So, it is a buy from us.

Ally Selby (Livewire Markets): It is set to report on August 17, should investors expect a cash splash? Neil, over to you. Is it a buy, hold or sell?

Neil Margolis (Merlon Capital): Look, it is a sell for us. Fantastic company, very low cost production, but iron ore has gone from about 35 per cent of the group earnings to about 70 per cent. And the iron ore price, while incredibly high, is eight times the cost of production. So it only costs $25 to produce iron ore, and it is selling for $200. And it is called a commodity for a reason.

So normally supply does catch up, and there is also a risk that the mine moderates. I mean, I agree with Don, fantastic dividends this reporting season. No problem at all. I just think the share price could come under pressure if iron ore starts moving towards the cost of production. It has a long way to go.

--------------------

275 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING