Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5075 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
Zodiac1
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 06:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: seeva222's post @ Mar 14 2020, 04:32 AM

Well shorts being banned combined with significant US rollout news would be fun to watch, panic buying. We might even get back to our FDA approval value, fairly quick. My new daydream. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."

Said 'Thanks' for this post: xlnja  

seeva222
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 04:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Mar 14 2020, 03:36 AM

I would expect shorts to want to close out if they can't count on pushing th emarket down.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Kalaz  

seeva222
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 04:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Mar 14 2020, 03:36 AM

If they ban shorts, I'm going to start buying.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Zodiac1  xlnja  

Johnny H
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 03:36 AM
  Quote Post

Question for the Aussie finance/accounting guys:

If ASIC bans shorting, does that only apply to future trades, or will traders be required to close out existing shorts?

I don't know what the answer is, but I sure know what I want it to be.

--------------------
"In today’s world some shareholders enjoy complaining to Board and management but then they do not sell their stock, they hold on and sometimes buy even more."

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  xlnja  

PunkassDerm
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 03:31 AM
  Quote Post

Front. Med., 27 June 2019 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fmed.2019.00145
The Importance of Melanocortin Receptors and Their Agonists in Pulmonary Disease

ARDS, the fatal aspect of Respiratory viruses
Regulation of cytokines, seems to be part of innate immunity

Melanocortin agonists are ancient neuropeptides that have steroidogenesis and anti-inflammatory properties. They activate melanocortin receptors (MCR), a family of five seven-transmembrane G-protein coupled receptors. MC1R and MC3R are mainly involved in immunomodulatory effects. Adrenocorticotropin hormone (ACTH) and alpha-Melanocortin stimulating hormone (α-MSH) reduce pro-inflammatory cytokines in several pulmonary inflammatory disorders including asthma, sarcoidosis, and the acute respiratory distress syndrome. They have also been shown to reduce fibrogenesis in animal models with pulmonary fibrosis. By understanding the functions of MCR in macrophages, T-helper cell type 1, and T-helper cell type 17, we may uncover the mechanism of action of melanocortin agonists in sarcoidosis. Further translational and clinical research is needed to define the role of ACTH and α-MSH in pulmonary diseases.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  Desert Rat  investek  xlnja  endymion96  

sharelooker
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 03:11 AM
  Quote Post

RE-POST!!

TN lecturer submits research on reducing COVID-19 impact to ICMR
Published: Feb 29,202007:30 AM by Tharian Mathew

A lecturer attached to the government Thanthai Periyar polytechnic college here has sent to the central government’s Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) details of a study on biophysics undertaken in his PhD research that reportedly deals with drugs to reduce the virulence of the present novel coronavirus epidemic. His research is now reportedly being perused by NIV scientists.

Ravikumar Chandrasekar
Vellore: Talking to DT Next, Ravikumar Chandrasekar said, “I approached the PMO (Prime Minister’s Office) website through which I informed those concerned about my computational analysis on drugs to reduce the virulence of coronavirus.”

When asked how being a lecturer in physics he was researching drugs related to the medical field, Ravikumar said, “My study is in the area of drug discovery and crystallography in the field of biophysics. I have submitted my thesis to Anna University.”

In a letter dated February 20 from ICMR’s Dr Nivedita Gupta, Ravikumar had been informed that his research studies on molecular docking was being shared with scientists in ICMR’s Pune-based National Institute of Virology (NIV) lab.

In his study, Ravikumar mentioning an earlier statement by the World Health Organization (WHO) that it would take two years for a coronavirus vaccine to be formulated, stated, “The alternative is to use existing drugs to reduce the infection’s virulence so that death could hopefully be prevented.”

The 13-page document ends with stating that existing drugs, including Daptomycin, Afamelanotide, Tetracosactide, Lanreotide, Ceruletide and Pasireotide “could control or reduce infection, including respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties, pneumonia, ARS (Acute Respiratory Syndrome) kidney failure and even death” as had been reportedly proved by computational studies.

Ravikumar is now awaiting a response from the NIV. His guide at the government polytechnic College is Dr S Murugavel.

https://www.dtnext.in/News/TamilNadu/2020/0...D19-impact-.vpf

In my opinion, SC should be even more effective than afa due to its long-acting technology!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  PunkassDerm  endymion96  

Featured Stock Stories

seeva222
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 03:10 AM
  Quote Post

Italy and Spain ban shorting

Short-selling restrictions were also put in place for some Asian markets, with South Korea’s Financial Services Commission going the furthest by banning short-selling of shares listed on Kospi, Kosdaq and Konex for six months. In Thailand, short sales were not banned, but rules are being adjusted for current market conditions, according to the President of the country’s stock exchange.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/202...n-short-selling

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  PunkassDerm  Zodiac1  Frogster  odi01  investek  Kalaz  

Johnny H
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 03:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: PunkassDerm's post @ Mar 14 2020, 02:55 AM

Since alpha MSH's antiviral properties are at the 11-13 position, and afamelanotide Nle Phe substitutions are at the 4,7 positions, in theory.... afamelanotide should have the same effect.

--------------------
"In today’s world some shareholders enjoy complaining to Board and management but then they do not sell their stock, they hold on and sometimes buy even more."

Said 'Thanks' for this post: PunkassDerm  

PunkassDerm
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 03:08 AM
  Quote Post

We know you watch this board management, please act!
thumbs out butts

Said 'Thanks' for this post: endymion96  

royco
post Posted: Mar 14 2020, 03:04 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: PunkassDerm's post @ Mar 14 2020, 02:55 AM

I see a crucial role for clinuvel, evonik, WHO and both ema and fda to communicate on the issue and take bold action if there is the slightest option that scenesse could help save lives from corona infected.
Better to be blamed for taking action than for not even trying.
I don't mind if cuv has to spend all savings on an ultra fast and large trial.

--------------------
Ἀρτεμίσιον

Said 'Thanks' for this post: PunkassDerm  endymion96  

5075 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING