Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

ASM, Australian Strategic Materials Limited
nipper
post Posted: Aug 25 2021, 12:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 13 2021, 02:45 PM

the rise and rise of ASM

Now $13.50. The last few months have been spectacular.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 13 2021, 02:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 23 2021, 04:50 PM

And ASM has passed through $10 today. No recent news but general sentiment for Rare Earths is pretty high, these days.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 23 2021, 04:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 21 2021, 10:22 AM

ASM had a couple of runs to $8.80ish then pullbacks, since the transformative Corporate news three days ago. Seems to have settled in well around $8.50

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 21 2021, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 19 2021, 10:14 AM

ASM signs $US250m framework agreement with South Korean consortium for 20% in Dubbo Project and offtake from Korean Metals Plant

Key points
ASM has signed a conditional framework agreement with a consortium of South Korean investors for the acquisition of a 20% equity interest in ASMs Dubbo Project holding company.
Under the Agreement a consortium fund will invest $US250m for the 20% equity interest.
The Investing Partnership intends to establish a second fund to develop a domestic Korean permanent magnet manufacturing business that will enter into an offtake agreement for NdFeB (neodymium-iron-boron) alloy from the ASM Korean Metals Plant.
The Agreement creates a pathway for ASM to develop the Dubbo Project and execute its mine to metal strategy

and up to a high of $8.85, now settling at $8.70 .... nearly 20% up

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 19 2021, 10:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 29 2021, 01:17 PM

ASM is in a trading halt, pending the release of an announcement relating to a material investment into their Dubbo Project.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 29 2021, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

there has been no real news for ASM of late, (getting staff in, getting environmental ticks for Dubbo project) but the SP has run well..... $4.10 in mid May to $7.75 today with only three retracement days.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 26 2021, 12:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 2 2021, 08:18 PM

ASM TO BOLSTER BALANCE SHEET THROUGH $65M PLACEMENT AND UP TO A FURTHER $41M THROUGH ENTITLEMENT OFFER

Highlights:
• Firm commitments received to raise approximately $65m through Placement at $4.80 per share
• Strong international and domestic demand, with several high-quality institutions participating in the Placement
• Funds raised from the Placement significantly strengthens ASM's existing cash position, with further funds expected to be raised from the Entitlement Offer
• Proceeds provide funding for ASM to focus on advancing key workstreams including engineering and development of Korean Metals Plant and the FEED Study for the Dubbo Project, while also providing additional working capital and funding of corporate costs
1 for 14 Entitlement Offer will now proceed, at the same pricing as the Placement, to raise up to a further $41m, with some of ASM's largest shareholders committing to take up approximately 29.4% of entitlements under the Entitlement Offer .
. Priced pretty tightly, and market seems to like it, with ASM up 10c to $5+

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 2 2021, 08:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 2 2021, 03:46 PM

it was always feasible, technically

... just depends how much the cost is to achieve the outcome?

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 2 2021, 03:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 1 2021, 10:39 AM

So, the Korean proposed plant passes the feasibility test.
The real action will be when we find out how much it will cost, and how big the cap raising will be.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 1 2021, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

ASM in trading halt, have no idea why.
Half yearly came out today, and I couldn't see anything that was out of the ordinary for this stock.
I would expect a bit of a capital rating some time in the future, as they have about 15 mill in cash, about another 18 months based on the first six months of trading.
A few buyers have popped high bids in, so perhaps those who are in the know or think they are in the know, have got in early.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING