Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

21 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > »    

Reply to this topic

KKL, KOLLAKORN CORPORATION LIMITED
marwoode
post Posted: Apr 4 2007, 05:08 PM
  Quote Post

Another decent capital raising announced... clearly the bigger players like the story that MIK has to tell, as they are happy to part with some decent cash (upto $2.24 million). Nice! smile.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  MIK_20070404a.pdf ( 177.16K ) Number of downloads: 139

AgentCooper
post Posted: Feb 21 2007, 09:53 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (marwoode @ Tuesday 20/02/07 11:54am)

HALF YEARLY REPORT RELEASED AFTER MARKET

For those who missed it on the very last page....

AUDITOR'S CONCLUDING COMMENTS:

"...we draw attention to the following matter. As a result of the matter described in Note 1(a)to the financial statements, there is SIGNIFICANT UNCERTAINTY WHETHER THE ENTITY WILL BE ABLE TO CONTINUE AS A GOING CONCERN and therefore whether it will realise its assets and extinguish its liabilities in the normal course of business and at the amounts stated in the financial report".

TheNote 1(a) referred to basically states that losses for the half were $955k and that cash flow was negative to the extent of $1.34m.

It draws attention to the fact that if MIK had not raised $2.6m from share placements they would be in a very unstable financial position.

Obviously MIK management are very confident that the future is positive and the company have turned the corner....but the market will want to see more contracts like yesterdays to justify the price rise from 8c to 40c+. Either that or some far greater transparency in $$ numbers attached to existing contracts.

I've sold half my holding yesterday & taken profits at 48c as it had clearly run up in anticipation of the announcement, however, the way management are talking one would obviously be expecting more contracts & more good news in the future.

There was solid buying support at 42 c today.

marwoode
post Posted: Feb 20 2007, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

real nice announcement out from MIK today... it may indeed answer some of Agent Cooper's revenue questions? Either way, I think it is another very positive step down the road for MIK!!

interestingly it is again an American deal which highlights to me that the MIK RFID solution is a world leader... I still can't believe that this company only has a market cap of approx A$80 million...

it comes as no surprise to me that MIK does not attach a $$ value to this deal... I imagine they don't want to announce their profit margin (hopefully there is one!) to their buyer, or to their competitors... I'm happy to put my faith in the management team that they are doing their best for us humble shareholders...

having said that, I'll dump this puppy like a hot rock it it gets to $1.00 today!!! hahaha biggrin.gif

gulf
post Posted: Feb 20 2007, 11:35 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: AgentCooper on Saturday 03/02/07 09:32pm

great announcement today,but does not give any figures re $'s.still happy to hold

AgentCooper
post Posted: Feb 3 2007, 09:32 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: marwoode on Saturday 03/02/07 05:02pm

is it possible that some investors perhaps are interpreting the flow of what could be considered as very positive announcements as a harbinger of good things to come in relation to revenue and earnings?

G'day mate,

I have no doubt you are absolutely correct there. It's just that I really would like to see some revenue soon.

You see, despite all the potential people might see right now, it will evapoorate quickly if this bull market slows and people become cautious. That is, of course, unless MIK can demonstrate their profitability real soon.

do apologise for sounding so conservative about all this, but we should be truthful with ourselves about MIK's failure in the past to add shareholder value.

All we have at present, are those positive words in the stream of ASX releases, and when moods in markets change....so do the moods of the nvestors who currently are in love with MIK's potential.

I really do hope there is a BIG contract around the corner...one that can catapult this stock skywards.

The relentless buying indicates something is definitely happening...

Well done with your purchase so far. I hope its a 10-bagger for you! smile.gif

marwoode
post Posted: Feb 3 2007, 05:02 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: AgentCooper on Saturday 03/02/07 03:48pm

AgentCooper said... "a stock that has risen from 8c to 46c on nothing"

Kind Sir... I've luckily been onboard MIK from $0.11 and I'm just wondering if you saw the announcement 13th Oct 2006 regarding "First Order in Global EVR Market"??? Also, did you happen to see that announcement 18th Aug 2006 about RFID sales to the "High Security US Government Agency"???

Could I perhaps humbly suggest you take a moment to review the trail of news items from last year? http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/annou...ype=Y&year=2006

Having said all of the above I do of course acknowledge your comments about revenue... however, is it possible that some investors perhaps are interpreting the flow of what could be considered as very positive announcements as a harbinger of good things to come in relation to revenue and earnings?

Time will inevitably tell...

AgentCooper
post Posted: Feb 3 2007, 03:48 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Thursday 11/01/07 01:39pm

I am happy to see this one still moving north and am sitting on a 58% profit in a short time.

However, I am always sceptical when I see rises like this from perennial, long term underperformers - which is exactly what MIK is.

I am also mindful that we are in a bull market that is now in bubble territory; and that MIK have a CEO who made some bullish comments throughout all of 2006 and yet the company's revenue & bottom line remains anaemic.

MIK may well be on the cusp of greatness, and the whispers I have heard of $1.00 won't go away.

I would really love to see some fundamentals backing this price rise because I am more than a little uncomfortable with the rise given the absence of news (and the Reserve Bank contract does not count as major news).

And then, of course, we have this concerted buying over the last month....

Well...as you can see...I have a l,ot of unanswered questions, makng for a very intriguing scenario for a stock that has risen from 8c to 46c on nothing.

This one really requires very close watching. I want to know what s REALLY going on to justify this rise.

In the meantime, I will continue to HOLD.... but my finger is poised & ready on the SELL Button continually.

Coop

moosey
post Posted: Jan 11 2007, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

[PDF] Crime reduction through product designFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
9 February, p. 28. Mikoh Corporation Limited 2000, “Mikoh. Corporation Limited”, http://. www.mikoh.com/index.html. Note Printing Australia 2000, “The world ...
www.aic.gov.au/publications/tandi/ti206.pdf - Similar pages

Designs to Reduce Fraud, Counter-feiting and Copyright InfringementsOne form of protection against counterfeiting is the use of holographic images, which are extremely difficult to reproduce.These images are usually incorporated into labels that are affixed to products, and their absence or incorrectness enables detection of illegally produced items. Holograms have a range ofapplications, including creditcards, vehicle parts, alcoholic beverage containers, computer software, pharmaceuticals and packaging of all kinds (Lowe2000). Other techniques, such assub-surface laser marking and optical imprints that are authenticated using scanning devices, can also be included inlabels (Mikoh CorporationLimited 2000; Design News1997c).

TheAustralian Financial Review,9 February, p. 28.Mikoh Corporation Limited 2000, “MikohCorporation Limited”, http://www.mikoh.com/index.html.Note Printing Australia 2000, “The worldstandard in security”, http://www.noteprinting.com/sc03_world/sc03_1/.

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

iseeitall
post Posted: Jan 10 2007, 05:41 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: tomwaters on Wednesday 10/01/07 03:33pm

Interesting move today after the announcement. I must admit the printing side of things has been looking a little lame of late. To those of us who follow Mikoh its the RFID side we`ve all been waiting for.

I picked up another 50 000 today at 36c prior to the announcement. Sometimes you can be lucky!

tomwaters
post Posted: Jan 10 2007, 03:33 PM
  Quote Post

OH THE HORROR!!!!

Up 718%...but I only bought 40k of these shares!!!! ARGH!!!

Still I no complain.

Looks like there may not be a need to raise capital now, although having said that I noted there is no dollar amount there so I called the company. They are not going to announce the number although I understand it to be seed funding only (ie. small) but should they get it right, the actual contract will be big bickies. Which is good as the printing division has been dragging it's feet of late.

This has gone up too fast for me and for this announcement. There should be some profit taking tomorrow/next week at this price and so a pullback, but the real value is still to come if they land this order (or indeed, if the secure RFID market takes off in the next year or two as some have predicted). Let's hope March/April brings good news.

21 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING