Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

905 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Jan 4 2019, 01:40 PM
  Quote Post

Another teaser.

John Carroll‏Verified account @JohnCendpts Jan 2

we'll have some interesting, fun stuff earlyish tomorrow a.m. Thursday pm to Friday am is a newsapalooza, if you're in to #biotech

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Jan 4 2019, 01:18 PM
  Quote Post

Something going down tomorrow by the looks. He must be under an embargo.

If it even means anything, BMY was an old haunt of SM's before she turned up at BLT then did the deal with PFE whilst at BLT. PFE still MIA.

John Carroll‏Verified account @JohnCendpts 5h5 hours ago

We'll have plenty more news tomorrow in what has to be the nuttiest biotech news burst I've ever seen ahead of JPM.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 4 2019, 01:47 AM
  Quote Post

Its started. The season has been opened with BMY/CELG being done for $74bn. What else before JPM I wonder. Something to top that for sure. Something to top $100bn maybe.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 3 2019, 08:10 AM
  Quote Post

If the Chinese gave BLT to the Americans for almost nothing, why would they want to buy it back?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 2 2019, 07:40 PM
  Quote Post

Some interesting comments. One from Dirk first but all inferring something to come before JPM Healthcare on the 7th. A case of where East meets West. Remember those posts from ages ago telling us China were gearing up billions upon billions for biotech investment and nothing ever came of it? About the same time as BHP cancelled a multi-billion dollar mine project. Well, I think it may be about to come to fruition.

Dirk Haussecker‏ @RNAiAnalyst 7h7 hours ago

$XBI $IBB looking forward to the first bolus of deal announcement today just ahead of #JPM19.

Another from someone who always has his ear to the ground and knows whats coming down the pike (but never lets much slip).

John Carroll‏Verified account @JohnCendpts 24 Dec 2018

John Carroll Retweeted Endpoints News

We'll keep the biotech news coming online this week. I anticipate a few more interesting headlines ahead of the pre-#[b]JPM19[/b] newsapalooza week. In the meantime, enjoy your holiday.

https://endpts.com/what-other-biotech-news-...a-ipo-and-more/

What other biotech news have you been missing? A big China IPO and more</h1>Endpoints Newsby John Carroll��" on December 24, 2018 10:14 AM EST
Updated: December 26, 2018 09:52 AM After the Hong Kong exchange saw the first slate of biotech IPOs plunge well below their debut price, the investment crowd got more than a little worried about what the future held for other Chinese players looking to raise cash. But Shanghai Junshi Biosciences has helped ease the fretting ��" for now ��" after watching its stock leap on their rollout Monday.

and...

HKEX 香港交易所‏ @HKEXGroup 27 Dec 2018

HKEX will join the JPM Healthcare Conference #[b]JPM19[/b] in early January. We look forward to insightful discussions with industry leaders and the community, as we celebrate the fifth biotech IPO under our new listing regime on 24 December. See you in San Francisco in two weeks! pic.twitter.com/LhGxZ3u09j

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 2 2019, 04:43 PM
  Quote Post

Hong Kong Stock Exchange people are making an appearance at the JPM Healthcare conference this week. WTF? Isn't there a trade war going on? And what does the HK Stock Exchange have to do with JPM and American healthcare? I mean, double wtf!

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 1 2019, 07:07 PM
  Quote Post

No breakthrough announcements with Alzheimers or cancer or some other scurge over the holidays. Just Trump saying how close he is to making a deal with the Chinese. You can be sure he is doing Pfizer's bidding and Moderna would never have come to market if a deal weren't in the pipeline.

Moderna is backed by Bill Gates, Merck and the military. At one time, Bill Gates was the largest single stock holding individual in Merck. At that same time, I can remember Pfizer pulling out of their Ann Arbor site and Bill Gates being in discussions with them about it for some reason which I can't recall. But if Merck is aligned with Moderna then it goes without saying Pfizer is aligned with Alnylam. Yet that connection is still to be seen. Perhaps that what this years JP Morgan Healthcare conference will be all about.

Didn't ALNY have an interest in ssRNAi?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 1 2019, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

A lesson BLT should've and probably did know with CSIRO on board and a patent attorney as a Chairman.

BLT is definitely a loser in this respect. The original Graham 099 patent has expired in the trials being conducted now, I don't even know if any BLT patents are in use. The Chinese even gave the company to the Americans because the science didn't work.

So the question is, who's got the patent that matters?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/ar...jectid=12184485

As the potential of the global mobile phone market became apparent, it had to deal with a surprise attack from Motorola which tried to sue Nokia over a patent dispute. The aggressive approach of the American company surprised the more innocent Finns and served as a wake-up call.

"We realised the strength of the patent arsenal would determine the winner," recalled the company's first, and at the time only, lawyer.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 1 2019, 07:27 AM
  Quote Post

The 2nd isn't a trading holiday in the US and JPMorgan conference starts the 7th. Will we get something?

A lot of people don't know how close to China actually is. They have a special employment policy to hire Chinese princelings for no other reason than to get a line in to the hierarchy and Trump is having very good conversations with Xi to get a deal done. But China and America doesn't include Australia and NZ.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 30 2018, 06:33 AM
  Quote Post

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago
Just had a long and very good call with President Xi of China. Deal is moving along very well. If made, it will be very comprehensive, covering all subjects, areas and points of dispute. Big progress being made!

What does this mean exactly I wonder.

Market access for Pfizer? IP licencing perhaps. Could it be done next week in time for the trade delegation visit? Or maybe we will have to wait for the end of summer.

The HK dairy decision for June indicates there is a lot more to happen yet but I am hopeful we will have something sooner than we know.

--------------------

905 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING