Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

42 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

FLX, FELIX RESOURCES LIMITED
wolverine
post Posted: Oct 25 2009, 05:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: pacestick's post @ Oct 25 2009, 04:53 PM

The market is always right on the day you buy or sell.

Tomorrow, however, that is another story.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

pacestick
post Posted: Oct 25 2009, 04:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Oct 25 2009, 02:41 PM

F On this we have to disagree as intimated in my last post I sold out about a month before the offer was recieved in order to lock in my profits I am intrigued by your statement The market is always correct--thats the way markets operate I have consistently made money on the basis that the markets are often wrong buying and then waiting for the revaluation

flower
post Posted: Oct 25 2009, 02:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: pacestick's post @ Oct 25 2009, 01:18 PM

P: regret got to totally disagree with you.

Most valued FLX--IN THE ABSENCE OF ANY T/O at around $10.30

Therefore todays T/O price is a 60% increase on base valuations
$24 is pure dreamland.

BTW: The market is always correct--thats the way markets operate
and just can't see how it is a rort.

If I were you I would be taking myself on a nice holiday.

Buy a slab back in the inevitable IPO--and thank your Chinese benefactors mightily!

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

pacestick
post Posted: Oct 25 2009, 01:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Oct 25 2009, 10:33 AM

I sold out one month before the takeover announcement at slightly more than the Takeover price. I would not be happy if I was a current shareholder The Chinese are getting it for a fraction of its worth The big Mooralbeen project due on line in 2010 and the NCIG loading facility being builtwould have pushed the SP to about $24.00 No doubt the chinese will calculate these into the value when they relist It has to be a candidate for the biggest rort of the 21 st century

flower
post Posted: Oct 25 2009, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

The T/O of FLX by Yanzhou Coal is quite unique, and a sign of the times, something we all should be paying close attention to.

T/O unique in that Y has guaranteed to ASX re-list FLX by the end of 2012, presumably via an IPO. Quite remarkable in that we are
witnessing a 100% T/O by a foreign entity sanctioned by the FIRB on a specific set of conditions that in effect mean we get
re access to 50% of something we just sold 100% of.

If our government adhere to this new strategy I can see many iconic ASX resource companies going the same way, traders trick
has to be in spotting the likely candidates early in the piece and sitting tight. Witness the 300% rise in FLX.

If one was a current holder of FLX one would be one happy chappy, however one could be even happier by entering the
subsequent IPO and buying back a slab of what one had just sold at hopefully a much cheaper price--one of those rare
Win-Win situations?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

pacestick
post Posted: Aug 10 2009, 08:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: pacestick's post @ Jul 1 2009, 09:17 PM

Flx is in trading halt pending a change of control announcement. It woudl appear that one or more of the directors have decided to sell.The key defence againsta takeover had always been the fact that the board controlled nearly 70% of the shares. News reports are stating a price below twenty dollars I find this hard to believe as I believe that the shares will be worth well over that figure inside twelve months, however time will tell.
if one of the directors particularly a larger holder such as Hands Mende who controls nearly 20%of the shares through ACMI were to sell the other directors would probably reconsider their position. It should be noted that throughout the length of time that the rumours of takeover were occuring the company referred to the potential transactionas a change of control not a takeover. Perconally I am sad to see them go as I believe their model for operating was excellent

Featured Stock Stories

pacestick
post Posted: Jul 1 2009, 09:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: pacestick's post @ Jun 6 2009, 02:25 PM

Moolarben coal mine water study commences
30 June 2009 a2a_linkname=document.title;a2a_linkurl=location.href; FELIX Resources has announced that it has commenced a water study at its Moolarben coal mine which is part of the conditions of approval of stage 1, imposed by the Department of Planning (DOP).

The DOP ordered a water study be undertaken before mining could take place on the site.

Managing director of Felix Resources, Brian Flannery assured the Mudgee Guardian that the water study was underway and he was confident mining would start in late September 2009.

Meanwhile, chair of the Mudgee District Environment Group, Bev Smiles says that it is imperative the impacts of these very large proposals on the water flows to the Goulburn River are thoroughly studied and understood before the next expansion is approved.

http://www.miningcoal.com.au/

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Grebmoolb  

pacestick
post Posted: Jun 6 2009, 02:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 17 2009, 09:37 PM

still going like a rocket credit suisse have a $15.00 target on it

arty
post Posted: Apr 17 2009, 09:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: pacestick's post @ Apr 16 2009, 07:58 AM

Hi pacestick;
The ASX usually asks questions when a share is traded up sharply, rather than gradually over a period of time; there may be certain filters - e.g. price and volume increase by a set %-age or multiple - that trigger an alert. However, the key ingredient would be the absence of a preceding announcement.

Attached Image

Now, on the 3rd of February, ASX felt inclined to issue a "Please explain", querying the sudden surge of price and volume. It seems they erred on the side of caution, if you consider the Quarterly Activities Report had come out less than a week before that.
Subsequently, the Half-Yearly Report and an Inverstor Presentation were published on the 27th - hence the ASX may have been satisfied that those two events explained the subsequent slow and steady rise. Hence, no new question.

Without delving any more deeply into the whys and wherefores, let me leave speculation and brokers' opinion on one side and show you two very simple trades, solely based on chart analysis.

Two Trades in a Nutshell

Snapshot 1 shows the synopsis, including the period around January, when I suggested FLX may still be caught in the Bear channel:

Attached Image

Snapshot 2 shows the reason for the first entry in greater detail, based on a double bottom, strong MACD momentum, and volume, which gave a target at 200% of the range between the two matching Lows:

Attached Image

Snapshot 3 uses a different approach, where the range of the first "leg" up is divided into Fibonacci levels; the retracement to, and bounce off, 61.8% support offers a good chance of hitting the 161.8% level.

Attached Image

Please be aware that neither of the above calculations comes with a guarantee; T/A only suggests outcomes/ targets that have a high probability of success. For all those cases, where "Mr Market & Ms Marquette" decide to follw a less likely course, we have our trailing stop-loss. For this purpose, I have found a volatility-based envelope (lower green line) highly effective.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: pacestick  

flower
post Posted: Apr 17 2009, 08:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: pacestick's post @ Apr 17 2009, 08:01 PM

Lucky Lad!!

--------------------

42 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING