Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

98 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 95 96 97 98   

Reply to this topic

QAN, QANTAS AIRWAYS LIMITED
Waterfront
post Posted: Jun 16 2004, 12:21 PM
  Quote Post

Perhaps Sabre and would be pleased for it to.

However its positive SP progress may be slowed somewhat by external factors or more specifically until the current (overnight) oil jitters are resolved.

Reactionary lot the market - I've been watching Santos this morning thinking it may be worth selling as I feel the market has over-reacted to what has happenned overnight in Iraq - after-all is world oil demand satiated by supply from Iraq presently. Mind you buyers have kept presenting at $7.07 for most of the day.

--------------------
An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today.

sabretoothed
post Posted: Jun 16 2004, 11:58 AM
  Quote Post

QAN getting ready to go again? lmaosmiley.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

sabretoothed
post Posted: Jun 5 2004, 10:36 AM
  Quote Post

Hiya,

I think QAN will eventually get rid of normal QAN domestic, thus cutting costs and getting rid of frequent flyer points etc, thus getting on a level playing field to VBA.

QAN is hedged 100% on oil at around 30 this year and 50% hedged at 32 or something next year. So the extra ticket surcharge is extra $$ in the kitty for them.

I agree re Buffet, I'm not a longer term investor in QAN, I like it more medium term, 3.60 or 3.80 will do me, but QAN in Australia has basically a monopoly over major routes and why its a bit different to other airlines, if there is to much competition it will go broke.

But technically, for some reason it looks like its going to run, and QAN is a great trading stock between $3 and 3.80...

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

moneyman888
post Posted: Jun 4 2004, 10:52 PM
  Quote Post

Sabre,

Without a doubt agree that the driving force for all airlines is the oil price and what will happen with Opec, etc.

For all intense purposes economies are driving well, people are flying again and most of the fat has been cut from operating costs.

Jetstar in the longer term may prove to be Qantas' undoing though as from passengers that have flown I hear are not happy and I think Virgin will continue to clean up.

Personally I only play airlines very short term as I do not like the high costs associated with running them, plus I got burnt on Compass big time..ahh memories.

Interestingly Warren buffet is also not a fan of the airlines..but I digress.

QAN and VBA should run as long as the oil price keeps heading back towards $35 (allowing $5 for terrorism premium), but I can not see oil heading below that as Opec seem content with the world paying for oil around these prices.

--------------------
Life does not have to be empty or faced alone

sabretoothed
post Posted: Jun 4 2004, 08:00 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like it will go on to test 3.60 soon, comments?

lmaosmiley.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

sabretoothed
post Posted: Jun 4 2004, 12:27 PM
  Quote Post

QAN above the 200 day MA, VBA moving up as Ryan Air (UK) up 6% overnight, I think the OPEC agreement is making these run...

rolleyes.gif

--------------------

sabretoothed
post Posted: Jun 3 2004, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

I think QAN is looking quite good technically. Might go for a run if it stays above 3.44 back into the old channel hopefully, which is important otherwise it may follow the new down channel it has created.

VBA could be close to its bottom, and I mention it here since VBA does not exist as a topic which is weird...

devilsmiley.gif

--------------------

moneyman888
post Posted: Apr 6 2004, 02:59 PM
  Quote Post

Views on this one, TA perhaps as I am away from my PC for a few more hours yet.

What about this new low cost airline they are about to venture into in Singapore?? Also lower oil prices, reserves up in the US, oil costs could drop to around $28 a barrel again .got to be worth a few cents to the price.

Threat of terrorism will always be in the back of the mind, but the world economy is still gaining pace and i presume travel numbers will follow.

--------------------
Life does not have to be empty or faced alone

ADMIN1
post Posted: Jan 23 2004, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

created for stockpanther

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

98 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 95 96 97 98

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING