Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

98 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

QAN, QANTAS AIRWAYS LIMITED
balance
post Posted: Dec 5 2013, 06:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mjwk's post @ Dec 5 2013, 02:24 PM

Mjwk, good trade. That is as long as anyone would want to hold them. Mr bear , I reckon you nailed it.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

mjwk
post Posted: Dec 5 2013, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrbear's post @ Dec 5 2013, 02:09 PM

Someone on Share Scene besides me must have got set at $1. There was time about 15mins before 12.00 and I was in along with a thousand others . My stop was set at 7% below that now Im out for a 7% gain.

--------------------
[font="Arial Black"]Flatout.[/font]

mrbear
post Posted: Dec 5 2013, 02:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Dec 5 2013, 10:52 AM

The trouble is balance that when you listen to these brilliant people re ,joyce, you think they are superman and their wages certainly fit that classification but deep down they are nothing but vain schmucks who couldn't run a hot dog stand.

Their employees hate him and as the figures show he does not appear to be doing a good job ,though I am sure he will get a wage rise next year.

I admit I don't buy airlines or insurance companies but if they go low enough maybe it could be tempting,cheers mrbear

arty
post Posted: Dec 5 2013, 01:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Dec 5 2013, 10:52 AM

abso-#%$@##-lutely

Attached Image

... and I'm not even sure if $1 will remain support.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

balance
post Posted: Dec 5 2013, 10:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 28 2013, 02:44 PM

No Arty not after today's news.

Joyce has "surprised" the market with a pretty awful update after crying "poor me" to the govt.

In recent years they have been fined about 90 million for freight cartel behaviour.
Thrown tens of millions at various Jetstar franchises overseas. (60 million to Jetstar Japan that is not expected to turn a profit for years)
Closed the airline down costing an estimated 200 million for quite minor industrial action.
Spent tens of millions on a share buy back at much higher prices. (Brilliant forecasting there)

I'm so glad the execs and board have taken a pay freeze to take "responsibility" for their appalling management.

Before Joyce they made a billion dollars, paid divvies, flew more places and employed thousands more people.

--------------------
I'm 29.

arty
post Posted: Nov 28 2013, 02:44 PM
  Quote Post

Is Qantas revving the engines for take-off?
Trinity suggests $1.20 could be bid...

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

opptimistic
post Posted: Aug 29 2013, 02:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 21 2013, 03:07 PM

Look at Qan! Is there a green arrow Arty? biggrin.gif

arty
post Posted: Aug 21 2013, 03:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kidikit's post @ Apr 3 2013, 08:23 AM

hmmm - on my chart, it looks more like a Korean Airline attempting to land in Los Angeles... thumbdown.gif

Attached Image

Will the pilot be able to pull up at last and start through??? The Bullish MACD Divergence looks promising, but I'll wait for a green arrow.

--------------------

kidikit
post Posted: Apr 3 2013, 08:23 AM
  Quote Post

the kangaroo is flying high at the moment, heading to $2 dollar mark on chart.....

balance
post Posted: Nov 28 2012, 09:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Nov 28 2012, 09:06 AM

I have to add this
"Pyongyang charm school". That made me chuckle.

--------------------
I'm 29.

98 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING