Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

SLC, SUPERLOOP LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Nov 3 2017, 12:38 PM
  Quote Post

another acquisition:
GX2 is a provider of managed connectivity services - comprehensive software platforms for managing large scale guest WiFi networks -

for major hotels, student accommodation sites and schools in 5 countries, designing, installing and supporting high performance WiFi network solutions for its customers.

Today, GX2 is able to service over 50,000 guests for over 200 customers in 350 sites around the world.
plus Big Air signing student accom suppliers (now apartments are in oversupply, money flowing to this sector + residential aged care)[

Appropriate comments from a leading ASX company
BHP Billiton's chief technology officer Diane Jurgens has warned that demand for internet bandwidth will only rise in the future, and the thorough rollout of fibre optic cable was "an investment in the long term".

Speaking in Melbourne on Wednesday, Mrs Jurgens said BHP was ready to take a "leadership" stance on technology, and was rapidly adopting telematics, digitisation and automation at its Australian operations. Those programs are rapidly increasing BHP's demand for data and bandwidth, and Mrs Jurgens said the company would rely on both its own networks and the national broadband network for that bandwidth.

"We need to have that robust network both on site and the feed to it," she said. "Once we get to site or to a major hub then yes we control our [4G] network, but certainly the national bandwidth, in everything we do, is important."..

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Oct 18 2017, 09:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 21 2017, 11:54 AM

The SPP at $2.25 was significantly oversubscribed and raised $15mill on top of the placement (no mention of scale back).

Exhibiting strength, and rising to $2.51 (.... an easy $1,500)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 21 2017, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

Capital raising at $2.25 raises $20mill. ..a 11% discount. And a SPP to follow. Look after the little guys.

Vous souhaitant bonne réception

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 29 2017, 05:55 PM
  Quote Post

spin spun; p15 of Investor presentation, 28/08/17
80%+ capacity available for future sales opportunities with little/ no material increase to operating cost
I read that as; utilising <20% of capacity, a sunk cost investment. What if the opportunities aren't converted to sales?

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 28 2017, 10:19 AM
  Quote Post

Asian headwinds/ challenges of scale, Big Air the biggest contributor, Market didn't like it
Growth scaling over FY17

• Revenue from ordinary activities up 755% to $59.8 million (FY16: $7.0 million)
• Reported EBITDA of $4.6 million; $10.2 million improvement (FY16: loss of $5.6 million)
• Underlying EBITDA of $9.0 million1; $14.6 million turnaround (FY16: loss of $5.6 million)
• Reported Net Loss after tax of $1.2 million; $6.0 million improvement (FY16: net loss of $7.2 million).

- Australian operations contributed revenue of $54.8 million (FY16: $5.5 million), including $40.6 million from BigAir Group for the period since 21 December 2016, and $2.9 million from SubPartners from 4 April 2017.

- Singapore network contributed revenue of $3.9 million (FY16: $1.5 million) having been launched in 1H16,
- Hong Kong network contributed revenue of $1.0 million, including non-recurring IRU revenue.

maiden dividend of 0.5c.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 19 2017, 10:48 AM
  Quote Post

Superloop will hyperscale the BigAir fixed wireless offering
SLC Wireless Roadmap

Supercharge wireless POPs

Upgrades include new cookie cutter deployment and provisioning model

Start to integrate new next generation wireless tech into access roadmap

Dark fibre backhaul to all metro POPs

Deploy 100Gbps regional backhaul

Targeted regional expansion
5G, baby

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 7 2017, 11:20 AM
  Quote Post

Listed telco Vocus has a fight on its hands as the race to build a submarine data highway linking Australia and Asia heats up.

Telstra, Google and Optus parent Singtel, along with Australia's Academic and Research Network and Indosat Ooredoo, have all signed up to veteran telco entrepreneur Bevan Slattery's newly christened Indigo cable project. Each investor will receive a slice of the spectrum available on the cable under an "open cable" arrangement, allowing them to independently upgrade capacity as needed over time.

Previously known as APX West and APX Central, Indigo will be about 9000km long to connect Singapore with Perth and then Sydney. There will be two additional fibre pairs connecting Singapore and Jakarta via a branching unit. The cable will land in existing facilities in Singapore, Australia, and Indonesia.

Telstra global services head David Burns said Indigo was an important piece of the puzzle for meeting its customers' needs. "With internet data consumption growing by 70 per cent in Asia last year alone these sorts of investments in international networks are critical," he said.

The system, set for completion by mid-2019, has had a difficult journey since inception in 2013, with SubPartners &shy;initially looking to build, own and operate the cable alone.

"It's not easy doing this all by yourself, so it's good to see the consortium come together," Mr Slattery told The Australian. "It was difficult at times to get all the parties together, especially as each is involved in doing something amazing on its own, so it was about getting the priorities right and making sure that it gets done right."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/t...7d0ba2dc28cf6a6

- we'll see if there's XS capacity, or a comfortable duopoly emerging. The way data usage is growing, probably the latter?

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 7 2017, 07:48 AM
  Quote Post

This week, Vocus announced it had finalised contracts and technical specifications for its Australian Singapore Cable with Nokia's Alcatel Submarine Networks.
The rival INDIGO cable system, consisting of a consortium of Bevan Slattery's SubPartners, Singtel, Telstra, AARNet, Indosat Ooredoo and Google, signed an agreement for ASN to build its project on Thursday. The INDIGO cable system, understood to be of similar cost to Vocus's project, is expected to be completed by mid-2019 and will connect Singapore, Perth and then onto Sydney. It is understood Alcatel has also begun manufacturing cable for the INDIGO project.

Underwater cables provide the lifeline of the digital world, running along the ocean floor, carrying 97 per cent of the world's phone and internet traffic. Both projects are looking to tap into the expected significant rise in demand for data from south-east Asia. A report commissioned on the ASC project, undertaken by TeleGeography, estimates demand for bandwidth between Australia and Asia will exceed 50 terabytes per second by 2029 and the ASC project could capture a minimum of 15.5 Tbps, resulting in revenues of $US550 million ($729 million) over the period. The report also estimated that by 2019, 30 per cent of Australia's overall international bandwidth will be connected to Asia.

Mr Slattery advocated the consortium project model, stating the members get ownership economics, ownership control, reduced risk and reduced capex.

"The benefit of the open cable is people get their own allocation of dedicated spectrum. Each party can have their own set of equipment on the end of that," he said. "The board took the view that this is a strategic asset that will significantly benefit the business in the medium and long term. "Singapore has locked itself in and is one of the three major hubs, probably the biggest, for the major cloud providers," Mr Slattery said, referring to Google, Amazon and Microsoft.

Separately, Superloop purchased the 20 per cent of SubPartners it doesn't own for $US2.5 million worth of Superloop to be issued to minority shareholders at $2.255. Mr Slattery is chief executive of both companies.
AFR

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 6 2017, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

Superloop Limited (SLC) is pleased to announce that it has acquired all the issued shares of SubPartners Pty Ltd.
SubPartners was established to develop high performance secure international cable systems capable of providing improved connectivity between Australia and the rest of the world.

The acquisition of SubPartners will deliver Superloop strategic assets including ownership of international submarine cable capacity as a member of the INDIGO consortium which is constructing the INDIGO West cable (Singapore to Perth) and the INDIGO Central cable (Perth to Sydney). The acquisition will also deliver Superloop a team with substantial submarine cable experience and an ability to lead or participate in other future potential undersea cable investments.

The INDIGO cable system is currently expected to be completed by mid-2019. Once complete, Superloop will have access to dedicated fibre spectrum capable of supporting initial capacity of at least 4.5 terabits per second. Due to the nature of the spectrum ownership Superloop will be able to further increase capacity as technological advancements are made.
undersea cables are the chokepoints for data, I'm told (= pricing power)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 31 2017, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

Trading Halt. Strategic acquisition telegraphed.

Can a capital raising be far behind? This might explain recent weakness.

And, so, insiders have been exiting, to gather cash to participate? Cash being a better proposition than more debt.

--------------------

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING