Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
roughjustice
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: GOODDAYS on Tuesday 07/08/07 12:56pm

hello gooddays, ive read all i could read on this company and thought WOW only 11.70?
the concept turning to reality with GE investing in Silex really turned me on.
it just seems a little concerning when the price falls from 13. down to under 8 with no news other than the price of uranium fell $10. last week or maybe the earthquake in japan where a reactor was shut down and being investigated for possible leaks people may get jittery investing in anything to do with 'clean power' jf you know what i mean

Hollywoodpitt
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 03:12 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: GOODDAYS on Tuesday 07/08/07 01:05pm

12036 X 5 conversion to aus shares theres are 5/1 Website adrbny.com

Sinner
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 03:10 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all,
Not a nice couple of weeks!
expo2day on HC posted the following:
I have heard that GE is about to go to a full plant and not the pilot plant. The competitors are causing GE grief and GE wants to tell customers about the economic advantages of SLX tech.

I have not tried to substantiate this-any input to confirm/repudiate this appreciated.

This meltdown is not pleasing me, although I still have not sold any. I hold based on my belief in SLX mgt and what they feel is achievable. Kiaora, my belief has not wavered since my posting of the AGM summary. I recall the serious fall to the 70-odd cent range just before permission for due diligence on the U process was announced in 2005. As all long-termers know only too well, this stock can be belted around (up and down) on relatively few shares, and in the current sub-prime environment, coupled with the meteoric rise this calendar year, I can understand SLX getting thumped. (Still not sharp enough to sell, but!). You need to consider SLX does not need any $ from the market to continue what they're doing, GE is motivated to progress U, solar is targeting a 'revolution' as opposed to 'evolution' in terms of making the solar cells, and a chat to mgt in May revealed they are still confident of making such cells. Also add in the thermoelectric potential and these shares should be an absolute hit with a world market obsessed with alternative energies IF they can tick the boxes.
I await their update with hopeful anticipation, but also knowing this is a 5 year stock and therefore I try to ignore the daily fluctuations. It is hard to do so at the moment, though.
Cheers!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: jkconnor  

silex
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 02:58 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all
I've been in since Slx were spun out of sonic health-the price has in the past found support above the anticpated support level-the next being around $7-i had it turning around at 7.50.May have already bottomed- i hope.

k9_
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 02:42 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hwill on Tuesday 07/08/07 02:03pm

Hi hwill,

I realise that slx is tightly held (have been around for a while) I ment that in the context of normal slx trading the volume is high - however I take your point.

All I can say is that I am not desperate so maybe that makes me a goose mate.

Cheers,
K9

chariot20030
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 02:14 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hwill on Tuesday 07/08/07 02:03pm

Don't get me wrong hwill but the fact that the stock is illiquid may not exactly breed confidence at the moment. I am a holder and will continue to hold, however everyone should be concerned about a fall of this magnitude.
Tightly held (a.k.a. illiquid) are a double edged sword, they rise rapidly when there are more buyers than sellers and fall rapidly when this is reversed. The buyers are noticeably absent at present hence big falls on average daily volumes below 200,000 shares. Everyone can claim conspiracies etc.. about deliberate triggering of stops, manipulation etc.. the bottom line is nobody is really standing in the way and buying. Of course I understand the reasons why this may be the case (why pay more than you have to) - but the fact is in circumstances such as these an illiquid stock will fall rapidly whilst potential buyers wait fearing further falls.

Featured Stock Stories

hwill
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 02:03 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: k9_ on Tuesday 07/08/07 01:25pm

Agreed, except for the comment that "a lot of volume is going through atm". In fact, since the start of SLX's recent volality (let say since the closing price first fell below $11 on 20/07, the average volume traded has been 191,000. The average volume traded for the entire year has been 283,333. This indicates that an incredibly tightly held stock (283,333 divided by shares held 136million = .002 is even MORE tightly held. Dare I say, you would have to be a total goose or desperate to sell now!

k9_
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 01:25 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all,

I think the current market is all about sentiment not potential and lets face it slx has great potential but just no runs on the board. I think U is looking very good and I hope solar will be as big or bigger however there are many more players in the solar industry and some look promising.

In this market I have taken about half off the table and will look to get back in when things settle or there is a positive announcement. Lets not forget slx's tendency to fall on a good news (only to rise soon after).

For those of you who have been contributing to this board for some time Grant posted HC and he feels that slx will fall much further before consolidating around the $6.60 range.

I might point out that I have been in since $1.60 and am not a trader I am looking for a long term investment. I agree that a lot of volume is going through atm and who knows where this will settle however until the volatility settles down I will be watching closely.

Cheers,
K9

GOODDAYS
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Hollywoodpitt on Tuesday 07/08/07 12:43pm

Hollywoodpitt

How many shares @ $6.75?
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Goods

GOODDAYS
post Posted: Aug 7 2007, 12:56 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: roughjustice on Tuesday 07/08/07 12:23pm

roughjustice

Now would be an excellent time to read the Company Report. If you have any more time, I would also recommend doing a little research. Find out what you spent your money on.
Luckily, you bought into a Company that shows a lot of promise.

Goods

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING