Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

CTT, CETTIRE LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jun 15 2021, 03:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 22 2021, 12:19 PM

there was an AFR article on the weekend..... CTT dropped 30% this morning and now in a trading halt
Mainly, CTT appears to have built an online customer database and uses organic search and Google ad words to rank highly when shoppers searched for luxury fashion.

.... But now questions are asked about the supply chain and use of third parties (with the implied question mark hanging over provenance/ authenticity).

Those who have 'lifted the bonnet' have found that Cettire has no direct relationship with brand owners. Rather, fund managers said it bought stock from third-party suppliers and wholesalers, some of whom operated in the grey market or parallel import market.

And when the 1300 designer brands such as Prada, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Burberry and Valentino and Australian designer brands such as Zimmermann start to assert control of their brands, as the luxury end has been wont to do, then the forward PE of 500 or 800 or whatever tends to look a bit rich?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 22 2021, 12:19 PM
  Quote Post

And above two bucks ... Made to $2.13 during the day and closed at $2.05.

PE is 277, in case you are wondering.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 21 2021, 12:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 12 2021, 12:31 PM

still going. ... at $1.86

CEO Dean Mintz, who established the luxury goods retailer in 2017, owns 66 per cent of the company after selling 50 million shares into the float for $25 million. Regal Funds Management owns more than 23 million shares, making it the largest shareholder after Mr Mintz with 6.05 per cent, and Washington H Soul Pattinson has 5.5 million shares.
Cettire was formed out of Mr Mintz’s Ark Technologies, an incubator with a focus on developing technological innovation in social media, mobile, web applications and e-commerce.

According to the company’s prospectus,
Dean identified a market opportunity to build a global online proposition in the personal luxury goods market, a large market characterised by relatively low (but growing) digital adoption, high fragmentation and scope for attractive unit economics

Sales have risen from $545,000 in 2018 to $22.8 million in 2020. Sales soared 331 per cent to $18.5 million in the March quarter, prompting Cettire to upgrade prospectus forecasts. It now expects sales for the year ending June to reach at least $80 million, up from a previous forecast of $70 million.

It also expects to make a profit, subject to marketing spend, after losing $2 million before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation in 2020.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 12 2021, 12:31 PM
  Quote Post

Cettire Limited (CTT) is a global online retailer, offering selection of in demand personal luxury goods via its website, cettire.com. Its catalogue of over 1,300 luxury brands and over 160,000 products of clothing, shoes, bags and accessories is underpinned by a large, diversified network of suppliers.

listed in Dec 2020 .... and has doubled in price since then. Market Cap now $450M.

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING