Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

VXR, VENTUREX RESOURCES LIMITED
triage
post Posted: Apr 26 2021, 01:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: denpal's post @ Apr 26 2021, 06:41 AM

Howdy to you, denpal, I just checked and I see you have been posting on ss but it is ages since I've read one of yours.

On your comment about management quality being the most important factor to consider I read an article about Warren Buffet a whiles back. It pointed out that while Buffet first made his name and fortune as a disciple of Benjamin Graham's value investing theories - which entirely focuses on the quality of the company - in recent decades he has undergone a paradigm shift and now gives heavy weight to the quality of the managers. Goes to the maxim that you are better with a top quality manager in control of an average company than with an average manager in control of a top quality company.

Anyway, I see NXR is up around 18% again today after 10% on Friday. As they say on hc, it looks like I've missed that train. Choo choo. Bill Beament's investment in Venturex has gone from $37m to about $150m in a couple of months. Money for nothing, chicks for free, stuff.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

nipper
post Posted: Apr 26 2021, 12:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 21 2019, 12:10 PM

Seems Jim Mellon has a 15.521% holding in VXR via his company, Regent Pacific Group Limited. Does not appear he took part in the most recent CR ... previously he held 16.7%

and this holding down from 7.9% to 5.8% from recent Notices

Someone is buying!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

denpal
post Posted: Apr 26 2021, 06:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Apr 25 2021, 10:12 PM

I saw that when it happened, I’m just keeping an eye on the company right now, as in it’s made my ‘hopefuls’ watchlist. There are so many good companies in the market to invest in now!

Judging by what he has achieved at NST and the amount of dough he has invested he won’t be planning to waste his time here on a dud. And as we should know, management quality is the most important factor to consider.

triage
post Posted: Apr 25 2021, 10:12 PM
  Quote Post

Back from a short break .... I see that ex-Northern Star maestro, Bill Beamont, recently paid $37m to buy a third of this company and will become an executive director of it from 1 July (after his NST commitments are met). Also Mineral Resources also just bought a huge chunk of the company. It has been dawdling along towards developing a copper and zinc mine in the Pilberra but with all this new money and high energy leadership I think it will quickly break into a gallop.

I did come here to ask if anyone here has any views about the recent action but the fact that this is the first new post on this thread in over 2 years then I think I have the answer to my question. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 20 2019, 08:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 21 2019, 12:10 PM

Updated chart below.

Not sure how long this process will take (as per the recent ann - NAIF to Progress Funding Discussions on Sulphur Springs)

The next step will be for Venturex to prepare and submit a formal Investment Proposal to NAIF and for the
NAIF Board to then consider whether or not to offer financial assistance.
Venturex will continue to assist
NAIF with its required due diligence investigations regarding participation in the debt facilities to fund the
project capital expenditure necessary to develop the Project.

NAIF has not made any decision to offer debt finance and there is no certainty that an agreement will be
reached between the parties

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 21 2019, 12:10 PM
  Quote Post

Seems Jim Mellon has a 15.521% holding in VXR via his company - Regent Pacific Group Limited. Does not appear he took part in the most recent CR - previously he held 16.7%

Mellon gave VXR a bit of a mention in the January Mater Investor mag - p9 https://masterinvestor.co.uk/magazine/#

QUARTERLY HIGHLIGHTS
• Sulphur Springs Definitive Feasibility Study completed and released in early October 2018:
Project Revenue A$2,625 million
Free Cash-Flow (pre-tax real) A$818 million
Pre-Production Processing Plant and Infrastructure Capital A$146 million
Pre-Tax NPV8% A$472 million
Internal Rate of Return (pre-tax) 51%
Average Annual Pre-tax Cash flow ~A$80M
Pricing Cu USD/t – 6,300, Zn USD/t – 2650, USD/AUD – 0.72
• Ore Reserve upgraded to 8.5Mt @ 1.4% Cu and 3.1% Zn – 42% increase in contained Cu metal.
• $2.3M raised via successful SPP and Placement. Northern Star converts $1M of its $2M loan
into shares, increasing its stake in Venturex to 19.79%.
• Expressions of interest received from several domestic and international banks for senior
project debt finance facilities.
• Discussions underway with potential off-take counter-parties and off-take funding proposals
under review.
• Early Contractor Engagement and recruitment program commences.

Cash in Kitty @ end of Dec 2018 = $2.5m. Estimated outflows Q1 2019 = $870k

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

flower
post Posted: Mar 22 2013, 09:28 AM
  Quote Post

Position dumped.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Mar 19 2013, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

Mines and Money Coference Presentation:

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01392726

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jan 31 2013, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

2012 Q4 report: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01377382

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Dec 21 2012, 01:28 PM
  Quote Post

Market still unimpressed...

daily:

Attached Image

weekly even worse

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING