Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

AAN, ALINTA LIMITED
zog
post Posted: Sep 13 2007, 02:36 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: isis on Thursday 13/09/07 11:26am

Got my cheque too yesterday - took max cash and got the $13.88 cash per AAN shares and no BBI, BBP and BBP but did get the APA and BBI pref shares as I outlined in my previous post. The APA shares are part divvy (i.e with the franking credit which I will get off the ATO next year) and a capital return.

isis
post Posted: Sep 13 2007, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

I got my cheque yesterday here in Queensland, so shouldn't be far away.

rsboyd
post Posted: Sep 13 2007, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

To Suti:
I took the default which should give me $8.948 per share in the cash component.
This was said to have been posted on Friday Sept 7th but I have not received it by Wed 12th.
Post has not arrived yet on Thursday.

suti
post Posted: Sep 12 2007, 07:52 PM
  Quote Post

did anyone choose option B and expect to get 13.88/share, but did not? icon14.gif

wagalucci
post Posted: Sep 6 2007, 05:13 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: toline on Wednesday 05/09/07 05:32pm

Hi Toline,
I was referring to the announcement from the other day. Did not look like small parcel holders to me.

zog
post Posted: Sep 6 2007, 04:42 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: toline on Wednesday 05/09/07 07:32pm

As you say the deal is complex. I took the cash deal and have yet to see the cheque. As I understand it the assumption for cash in the BNB offer was that if everyone went for the default option then the cash component would be $8.948. Actually shareholders were given various options and a lot of them took maximum script so that they did not have to pay CGT. Since I am in an allocated pension then CGT does not apply and I took maximum cash. What it seems is that a cash pool was created which was $8.948 times the number of Alinta shares on the market. Since many of the shareholders wanted script then this left a large amount of cash for those like me who did not want the BNB funds. The APA shares were not part of the script/cash trade off (since the APA shares carry the 40c franking credit). As a consequent I think for each of my Alinta shares I will end up with $1.1744 in APA shares, a 40c franking credit, $13.88 cash and about 7c in BBI preference shares (i.e $15.52 in total).

I think the sales of AAN will be the small holdings (under 1000 shares) and foreign shareholders (i.e ineligible shareholders) since Alinta have said they would sell these on the market

Zog

toline
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 07:32 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: wagalucci on Wednesday 05/09/07 11:22am

hi wags,
i thinks its all those who took the cash deal Alinta is selling them for them if that makes sence

bettyboop
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 02:28 PM
  Quote Post

wub.gif king.gif rolleyes.gif

Like yourself, I can't understand half of what is going on. So, I off load mine at $14.09 couple of weeks back. I'm not very helpful but all the best holding B&B shares. They do alrightfor now.

wagalucci
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 01:22 PM
  Quote Post

I don't understand something ............... the last trade for AAN was 17 August. How can a "substantial holder" trade their stocks like it has today. sad.gif

My understanding was that AAN holders had several options for them which closed a few weeks ago.

Can someone please shine a light on this.

Wags

john constantine
post Posted: Jul 21 2007, 12:18 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: suti on Friday 20/07/07 08:14pm

i have a few alinta holdings under different registrations.
i don't know how many kilos of documents have hit the mailbox.
i bet many holders have never opened any of them.
the financial engineers that have been paid big money to stuff this should be ashamed.
who needs this hassle?. i should dump on market.

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING