Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

124 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

IGO, INDEPENDENCE GROUP NL
bg99
post Posted: Dec 11 2020, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 9 2020, 07:54 PM

Despite announcing a retail offer of 1 for every 8.5 shares at $4.60 today, the share price flies up over $6. Given that I just bought a chunk a few days ago that rocks my boat Nipper ! Market must like the lithium announcement.... doesn't hurt that the nickel and copper price both surged last night too.... building further on their steep climb to the peak of Everest. Bring on the clean energy !

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Dec 9 2020, 07:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Dec 9 2020, 06:39 PM

it does not rock my boat. ... watching with bemusement. Only buying cheap if the future is assured

Tianqi owns a 51 per cent stake in the Greenbushes mine and has already spent $US700 million on Australia's first hydroxide plant at Kwinana.

IGO and Tianqi will become partners in an entity that holds the 51 per cent stake in Greenbushes and owns the hydroxide plant, with Tianqi retaining a 26 per cent stake in the mine and a 51 per cent stake in the plant.

Albemarle, which owns a 49 per cent of Greenbushes and is building a lithium hydroxide plant at Kemerton, is not involved in the IGO /Tianqi transaction. Greenbushes is the world's biggest and lowest cost hard rock lithium mine, producing about 21 per cent of global supply in 2019.

And of course, what is Wesfarmers going to do with the Kidman acquisition, for the Mount Holland mine and associated hydroxide plant.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 9 2020, 06:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 9 2020, 05:55 PM

The question is, what can IGO offer the entity that will (a) make the mine more efficient, and (b) help to fix whatever the "troubles" might be of the so called troubled mine.
Its all very well to "buy at the Bottom", but what can they do to make money out of the deal?
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Dec 9 2020, 05:55 PM
  Quote Post

Nickel and gold miner IGO Limited (no longer Independence Group) says it has bought at the bottom of the lithium market by snaring a big chunk of mining and processing assets controlled by struggling Chinese battery metals company Tianqi. IGO will pay Tianqi $US1.4 billion ($1.9 billion) for a 25 per cent stake in Australias top lithium mine and a 49 per cent per cent stake in Tianqi's troubled lithium hydroxide plant at Kwinana, south of Perth.

IGO managing director Peter Bradford said the company had been in the running for a slice of the Tianqi assets for months and had stuck to an offer price made at what he reckons is the bottom of the lithium market.

Mr Bradford said price tailwinds were emerging for both spodumene and lithium hydroxide:
We have transacted at what we believe is the bottom of the lithium price cycle and on the eve of the explosion of the electricification of transport and disruptive demand for lithium, he said. We do not believe we were the top bidder, but we were prepared to consider a transaction structure that worked for Tianqi and which provided IGO the once in a lifetime opportunity to invest in what is truly a world-class integrated lithium business.

IGO intends to fund the acquisition by taking on $1.1 billion in debt, raising up to $766 million in new equity and using its cash reserves. The IGO raising launched on Wednesday involves the issue of up to 166 million new shares, or about 28 per cent of the current issued capital. The raising is made up of a $446 million fully underwritten placement at $4.60 and a $320 million 1 for 8.5 pro rata entitlement offer.

IGO considers it a transformative deal for the company as it looks to a future in battery metals and pursues a sale of its 30 per cent in the Tropicana gold mine in WA. Mr Bradford said the proceeds from any sale of the Tropicana stake would be used to pay down debt associated with the Tianqi deal.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 6 2019, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

IGO gets a mention

There’s one metal worrying Tesla and EV battery suppliers
Bloomberg News | August 5, 2019 |
Battery producers and electric automakers, including Tesla Inc., are concerned over longer-term supplies of nickel, a key material in their supply chain that’s forecast to fall into deficit, according to an Australian miner that’s held recent talks with the sector.

The need for the high-purity material used in batteries, known as class-one nickel, is likely to outstrip supply within five years, fueled mainly by rising consumption in the EV industry, according to BloombergNEF.

It’s a concern shared by Tesla, according to Peter Bradford, chief executive officer of nickel producer Independence Group NL, who last week met with a member of the car producer’s battery metals supply chain team.

“The dramatic price rise we’ve seen will pale into insignificance compared to the future,’’ Bradford said in the Friday phone interview.

Japan’s Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., said in June the nickel market faces a deficit of 51,000 tons in 2019, raising an earlier forecast. Last month, First Quantum Minerals Ltd. confirmed it’ll reopen the Ravensthorpe mine in Western Australia –- shuttered since 2017 — in the first quarter of 2020 amid the strength of interest from potential nickel and cobalt customers.

Western Areas Ltd. recently visited China’s Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd., a leading battery maker, and is winning interest from the EV sector for nickel supply contracts, the Perth-based producer said Monday in a presentation. Contracts with BHP Group and Tsingshan Holding Group Co. are scheduled to expire in January.

Meetings with companies in the EV supply chain in China and South Korea in the past month, including battery suppliers and producers of key raw materials and chemicals, had also underscored the industry’s concerns about supply, Bradford said.

“The big question everyone will be asking in a year’s time is where does the nickel come from to satisfy the demands for nickel in stainless steel, as well as the increasing demand for nickel into electric vehicle batteries?’’ he said.

read more - https://www.mining.com/web/theres-one-metal...tery-suppliers/

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 19 2019, 12:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 30 2019, 10:06 AM

IGO hit a 52 week high today. Nickel Demand driving it.
Looking for a bit of breather soon.

Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 30 2019, 10:06 AM
  Quote Post

Excellent 3rd quarter results. Big increase in free cash flow, made some profits, hopefully see some big jumps in Share price.

Mick

--------------------

oracle
post Posted: Apr 2 2019, 10:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 2 2019, 10:14 AM

Yeah me too! I'm just wary of the time and experience required for scaleup.No question success would lead to a step change in earnings.All the best

--------------------
oracle

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 2 2019, 10:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: oracle's post @ Apr 2 2019, 09:55 AM

Yeah, I am a sucker for science.
i also hold.
Mick

--------------------

oracle
post Posted: Apr 2 2019, 09:55 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 2 2019, 09:17 AM

Still a science experiment Mick (albeit a promising one)I hold

--------------------
oracle

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

124 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING